Thread: The Russian Trump Thread

  1. #241
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,176

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    To be fair, I said he was an idiot because his tweet triggered a series of events that has put him in further scrutiny (and investigation) than if he had kept his trap shut. Misty is the one saying Trump was justified since apparently without it, Comey would have felt it was ok to lie or some bullshit.

    Trump tried to tough-guy bluff and it blew up in his face worse than if he remained quiet. And yet their are people who think he should be given the god-damned medal of freedom for keeping Comey "honest".

    Republicans are loyal to party; everyone else is second.
    Did it? Blow up worse? It seems to be a complete non-issue, already out of the news cycle with little to no blowback. For a gambit, it appears to have had little downside. People who hate him haven't changed their minds, people who like him haven't changed their minds, and those in the middle just shrugged because it's a pretty small thing, everything else in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

 

  • #242
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,644

    Ignore User
    Ovi is kinda right. I mean, we all know Trump is full of shit. One more small turd at this point isn't going to make the thing smell like lavender and mint. And in another, he might be wrong as well. This could be one more brick in the case of obstruction against him. So it's both big in that way and small because it's just another Trump temper tantrum that makes him look foolish.
    Last edited by kirinke; June 26th, 2017 at 01:37 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #243
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,198

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    Republicans Politicians are loyal to party money; everyone else is second.
    I feex.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #244
    cowabunga! Remathilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    4,674

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Did it? Blow up worse? It seems to be a complete non-issue, already out of the news cycle with little to no blowback. For a gambit, it appears to have had little downside. People who hate him haven't changed their minds, people who like him haven't changed their minds, and those in the middle just shrugged because it's a pretty small thing, everything else in mind.
    You're probably right, the rank corruption of the government is such that outright mob-like actions don't even raise an eyebrow.

    Welcome to the Banana Republic of America.
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    I feex.
    Nope. I'm taking about the voters. The same ones who will vote for liars, thieves, adulterers, and worse just because they have an "R" after thier name. And then take to the internet to defend thier actions.

    Charles Manson could win a seat in Congress from a red state if he claimed he was anti-tax and pro-life.
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

  • #245
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,198

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    Nope. I'm taking about the voters.
    Ah, copy.

    The same ones who will vote for liars, thieves, adulterers, and worse just because they have an "R" a capital letter after thier their name. And then take to the internet to defend thier their actions.
    I feex again.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #246
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    I feex.
    Troof, regardless.

    Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

    Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.


  • #247
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,644

    Ignore User
    Not arguing. People in general are stupid, easily fooled and easily led. A person can be smart, but in a group? Dumber than dirt.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #248
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,176

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    You're probably right, the rank corruption of the government is such that outright mob-like actions don't even raise an eyebrow.

    Welcome to the Banana Republic of America.
    Again with the crazy. "I'll release the exact tapes of what you said if you don't tell the truth!" isn't exactly mob-tactics or even an attempt to silence. It doesn't work at all as an attempt to silence unless you were planning on lying, which, you know, isn't protected against threats to expose your lying with a recording. The mob trying to get you to NOT testify, not testify truthfully or they'll tell everyone.

    Seriously, this isn't even a thing to get up in arms about unless you're just predisposed to treat everything Trump does as absolutely horrible. Some of his shit is just mildly headshakingly stupid, you know. Garden variety dumb.

    But, you know, I get it, you feel compelled to treat everything Trump does as the worst thing ever. Problem is you lose any discernment from the mildly dumb to the truly awful if you scream as loudly about all of it. Maybe pace yourself? It's Trump; wait a minute and you'll have something legit to scream about.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #249
    cowabunga! Remathilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    4,674

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Again with the crazy. "I'll release the exact tapes of what you said if you don't tell the truth!" isn't exactly mob-tactics or even an attempt to silence. It doesn't work at all as an attempt to silence unless you were planning on lying, which, you know, isn't protected against threats to expose your lying with a recording. The mob trying to get you to NOT testify, not testify truthfully or they'll tell everyone.

    Seriously, this isn't even a thing to get up in arms about unless you're just predisposed to treat everything Trump does as absolutely horrible. Some of his shit is just mildly headshakingly stupid, you know. Garden variety dumb.

    But, you know, I get it, you feel compelled to treat everything Trump does as the worst thing ever. Problem is you lose any discernment from the mildly dumb to the truly awful if you scream as loudly about all of it. Maybe pace yourself? It's Trump; wait a minute and you'll have something legit to scream about.
    I'm sorry, wannabe-mob tactics. Trump was too stupid to even get the blackmail evidence before making the threat. I mean, if Comey HAD lied, what was he going to do? Release tapes that don't exist?

    Even the mob is smarter that that.
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

  • #250
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,408

    Ignore User
    In other news, a lot of "journalists" have been using "anonymous" sources for the Russia / Trump links. And while several "anonymous" sources turned out to be wrong in the past, none were as spectacular apparently as CNN's recent piece. Which they had to pull and issue a retraction on. And then, because apparently it was this bad, they had to issue new rules installing two gate-keeper people at CNN to screen all Trump / Russia pieces from now on, in any type of media (social media, etc..).

    It's still not what the journalism ethics courses they all took taught them to do - which is require TWO unrelated and trustworthy sources to back up any claim by an anonymous source, but at least it's some acknowledgement that they've been peddling some bullshit.

    In somewhat related news, remember that Trump "The Russians have a blackmail dossier on him" story that started much of this long ago. Whoops...turns out that might have been started by the Democrats all along. All of a sudden the firm is stalling questions from the Senate Judiciary committee and zipping their lips when asked what their connection is to the Democratic party. And that part appears to be verified. The unverified part (which is more anonymous sources, so I am not assuming anything about it) has links all over the place to multiple DNC operatives and the Clinton campaign. We'll see how that develops.

    And finally, it appears a lot of Dems are now pushing Democratic leadership to stop talking about Russia so much, and focus more on actual policy disagreements with the Trump administration.
    Last edited by Mistwell; June 26th, 2017 at 03:23 AM.
    I like hats.

  • #251
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,198

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    It's still not what the journalism ethics courses they all took taught them to do...
    As you might know I stopped expecting journalists to bother with ethics 2 years ago.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #252
    Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio
    8,373

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    In somewhat related news, remember that Trump "The Russians have a blackmail dossier on him" story that started much of this long ago. Whoops...turns out that might have been started by the Democrats all along. All of a sudden the firm is stalling questions from the Senate Judiciary committee and zipping their lips when asked what their connection is to the Democratic party. And that part appears to be verified. The unverified part (which is more anonymous sources, so I am not assuming anything about it) has links all over the place to multiple DNC operatives and the Clinton campaign. We'll see how that develops.
    Like Fusion GPS, the FBI has failed to cooperate with congressional investigators seeking documents.
    Wait....what?
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

  • #253
    new dads don't sleep either Belen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio
    9,757

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    Republicans are loyal to party; everyone else is second.
    How is this different than the Democrats? This is the main problem in politics period. We do not see compromise from either side.

    It is sad to see politics turned into a type of religion where no one questions their 'faith." US political parties are complete garbage. I do not see a real difference between either party or their die hard faithful.
    Sam: But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

    Frodo: What are we holding on to Sam?

    Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

  • #254
    cowabunga! Remathilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    4,674

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Belen View Post
    How is this different than the Democrats? This is the main problem in politics period. We do not see compromise from either side.

    It is sad to see politics turned into a type of religion where no one questions their 'faith." US political parties are complete garbage. I do not see a real difference between either party or their die hard faithful.
    Democrats eat their own; see Bernie vs Hillary.

    Remathilis "I'm not a member of an organized political party, I'm a Democrat." Ooi
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

  • #255
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,176

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    Democrats eat their own; see Bernie vs Hillary.

    Remathilis "I'm not a member of an organized political party, I'm a Democrat." Ooi
    Riiight, because the Republican field was just falling over themselves to be kind and polite. And there aren't people like McCain in the party that aren't bitterly set against Trump. It's all roses and kittens.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •