Thread: The Russian Trump Thread

  1. #196
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,100

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Okay, I think your spell checker is now trolling you.
    Yup, couple was the target word. Though coyote was fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

 

  • #197
    guyjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio
    7,527

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    If it's coyotes, it's probably actually trolling Guyjin.

    Which is even weirder.

  • #198
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,693

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjin View Post
    I didn't know you were a coyote. Catch any roadrunners lately?
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    I didn't know you were a coyote. Catch any roadrunners lately?
    Sure, pour some (ACME) salt on that old wound.

  • #200
    a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio
    3,498

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjin View Post

    Weren't you scared off by a coyote at NCGD or something a while back?
    "I'll tell you something," he said, as if he had said nothing that day. "You're walking on gallows ground, and there's a rope around your neck and a raven-bird on each shoulder waiting for your eyes, and the gallows tree has deep roots, for it stretches from heaven to hell, and our world is only the branch from which the rope is swinging."

  • #201
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,396

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Yup, couple was the target word. Though coyote was fun!
    I honestly thought it was a use of the world I just was unfamiliar with and was about to start researching it so I could use it myself when I read the next message only to discover it was an autocorrect issue. Damn. I liked that use of the word!
    I like hats.

  • #202
    guyjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio
    7,527

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    Weren't you scared off by a coyote at NCGD or something a while back?
    No. Where did you get that idea?

    edit: does NC even have Coyotes?
    Last edited by guyjin; June 20th, 2017 at 04:47 PM.

  • #203
    a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio
    3,498

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjin View Post
    No. Where did you get that idea?

    edit: does NC even have Coyotes?

    Oh. I thought I had heard something about you getting freaked out by a coyote.

    Coyotes are pretty much *everywhere* in the U.S. Even in large cities there are thriving populations of them.
    "I'll tell you something," he said, as if he had said nothing that day. "You're walking on gallows ground, and there's a rope around your neck and a raven-bird on each shoulder waiting for your eyes, and the gallows tree has deep roots, for it stretches from heaven to hell, and our world is only the branch from which the rope is swinging."

  • #204
    cowabunga! Remathilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    4,674

    Ignore User
    So Trump's brilliant Mastermind was

    1.) Insinuate that he tapes of him and Comey to intimidate Comey.
    2.) Comey releases memos of his meetings
    3.) Special Investigation is called to in reaction to Comey memos
    4.) Trump is now investigated for obstruction of justice.
    5.) ???
    6.) Profit!
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

  • #205
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,100

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    So Trump's brilliant Mastermind was

    1.) Insinuate that he tapes of him and Comey to intimidate Comey.
    2.) Comey releases memos of his meetings
    3.) Special Investigation is called to in reaction to Comey memos
    4.) Trump is now investigated for obstruction of justice.
    5.) ???
    6.) Profit!
    You have a strange sense of order. 3 happened before 1 and 4 is an unconfirmed rumor. Also, 1 was more to make sure Comey didn't get to inventive.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #206
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    http://time.com/4828306/russian-hack...-private-data/

    I say we just hand the world over to Russia. Clearly they're more competent than America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

  • #207
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,100

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    http://time.com/4828306/russian-hack...-private-data/

    I say we just hand the world over to Russia. Clearly they're more competent than America.
    Sure, Chicken Little, whatever you say. The Russian allegedly got 90k partial voter registrations, and that the end of the world? That ain't even hacker chump change.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #208
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,515

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    You have a strange sense of order. 3 happened before 1 and 4 is an unconfirmed rumor. Also, 1 was more to make sure Comey didn't get to inventive.
    I beg to differ. Comey didn't have to get inventive, the truth is plenty horrible enough. Also, from what I've read, Trump has a history of using the 'I taped "X"' threat to intimidate people with. Now, how much of that is true or not, begs the question. I didn't fact-check it.
    So. Meh.

    Trump is on record now of saying he didn't make any tapes of the conversation. So, it was a threat to keep his mouth shut, not to keep him from being inventive. One that didn't really work.
    Last edited by kirinke; June 22nd, 2017 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammer
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #209
    cowabunga! Remathilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    4,674

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    You have a strange sense of order. 3 happened before 1 and 4 is an unconfirmed rumor. Also, 1 was more to make sure Comey didn't get to inventive.
    Trump wasn't under investigation until Comeys memo (though members of his team were). Trump made up the threat about tapes, Comey reacted with a cya by releasing the memos.

    Trump lied about those tapes and got himself in more trouble. Only a moron would think that's a good move.

    Oh wait, I just realized who I'm talking to.
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

  • #210
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,100

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    Trump wasn't under investigation until Comeys memo (though members of his team were). Trump made up the threat about tapes, Comey reacted with a cya by releasing the memos.

    Trump lied about those tapes and got himself in more trouble. Only a moron would think that's a good move.

    Oh wait, I just realized who I'm talking to.
    Special prosecutor was assigned before Comey testified. Mueller refused to state that Trump was being investigated for obstruction of justice so we're left with the standard 'sources say' rumormongering that passes for journalism these days and has, so far, had an abysmal track record for being right (they're 0 for all so far, yeah?).

    Look, it's bad enough without making shit up. That's it, it's not a defense of Trump, it's a pointer to keep to real things in order. Trump lying about the tapes is a wash -- it doesn't improve anyone's opinion of him, and it doesn't hurt anyone's opinion of him. Legally, there's no there there for lying about existence of the tapes. Saying you have what was said on tape is hardly a coercion to not honestly testify, now is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •