Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 615

Thread: The Russian Trump Thread

  1. #136

 

  • #137
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,408

    Ignore User
    Ugh. For now, I am going to assume this is all bullshit. However, now that it's hit a legitimate source, I am going to at least watch it to see if I am wrong in dismissing it initially as bullshit.
    I like hats.

  • #138
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,174

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialus View Post
    So... uhhh... Apparently this is a thing.
    As of right now it's a completely denied thing with an awful lot anons claiming it's something else.

    I'm not holding my breath on this one being a smoking gun.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    ...now that it's hit a legitimate source...
    What legit source is that?
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #139
    Girls Gone Spoony! Spoony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio
    6,653

    Ignore User
    If the Republicans don't impeach and remove soon the CIA is going to have to shoot the bastard to save their spies. If you ask the conspiracy theorists it won't be the first time, just the first time since Kennedy.

  • #140
    Can you imagine the shit storm the Hypocrites, I mean the Republicans, would have had if it had been Clinton who had given top secret strategic info to Russia?

    An cue the useful idiots who will defend Trump.
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #141
    check out my boni Brent Nall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Province
    Humble (Houston), TX
    Oratio
    2,745

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    If the Republicans don't impeach and remove soon the CIA is going to have to shoot the bastard to save their spies. If you ask the conspiracy theorists it won't be the first time, just the first time since Kennedy.
    What exactly would they impeach him for at this point? The president has absolute authority to declassify information at will. I'm no lawyer, but as I understand it it is not even possible for the president to commit a crime as it relates to sharing classified information.

    That is not to say that what he did was not foolish, and potentially very destructive to interests of the United States, but I'm pretty sure it's not a crime, and therefore not something that meets the "high crimes and misdemeanors" requirement for impeachment.
    you suddenly see a light, behind it is a glow, too bright to see, it comes toward you and part of it breaks off, and hits the ground near you, All magic and magic items cease to function and you all take 50 million divine damage ignoring damage reduction and immunities. Also you area all disintegrated.

  • #142
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,408

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    As of right now it's a completely denied thing with an awful lot anons claiming it's something else.

    I'm not holding my breath on this one being a smoking gun.



    Here is the big part that's being missed: the President is legally allowed to do that. The president may declassify almost anything. In fact, back in January, CNN was encouraging President Obama to declassify some things by revealing them, and listed prior Presidents who had done just that, saying, "Presidents have the authority to declassify anything."

    So once again, an accusation of doing something perfect legal with a suggestion it was illegal when it wasn't. Which can still be damaging, as he can do something legal but unethical. But the failure to mention up front it was legal in many of these articles, particularly when the Washington Post has taken to literally cheering at this news breaking, decreases any ability to actually damage the President with an accusation of being unethical when they're behaving in an unethical manner in the articile talking about it.

    Somehow the press has failed to grok their as unpopular as the President they hate.
    Last edited by Mistwell; May 16th, 2017 at 02:31 PM.
    I like hats.

  • #143
    Let's see it this way - if the world doesn't go down in a fire in the next 4 to 8 years, we can rest safely that our (or at least the US) democratic system is working pretty well.

  • #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    Here is the big part that's being missed: the President is legally allowed to do that. The president may declassify almost anything. In fact, back in January, CNN was encouraging President Obama to declassify some things by revealing them, and listed prior Presidents who had done just that, saying, "Presidents have the authority to declassify anything."

    So once again, an accusation of doing something perfect legal with a suggestion it was illegal when it wasn't. Which can still be damaging, as he can do something legal but unethical. But the failure to mention up front it was legal in many of these articles, particularly when the Washington Post has taken to literally cheering at this news breaking, decreases any ability to actually damage the President with an accusation of being unethical when they're behaving in an unethical manner in the articile talking about it.

    Somehow the press has failed to grok their as unpopular as the President they hate.
    Fucking strawman using moron. No one said it was illegal. It is irresponsable. The nuance, I'm sure, escapes a useful idiot like you.

    The ally of the US who gave that info to Trump is Israel. Israel didn't want Trump to give the info to Russia who could give it to Iran. But please, continue to defend Trump and present him as the victim of the "teh ebil media". It only confirms everything we already know about your political views.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/w...=top-news&_r=1
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #145
    Girls Gone Spoony! Spoony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio
    6,653

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Nall View Post
    What exactly would they impeach him for at this point?
    1. Violation of the Enoulments clause of the Constitution (day 1)
    2. Obstruction of Justice (Firing Comey to, in his own words, drag out the Russia investigation.
    3. Unfaithful use of the powers of the office by slandering the previous president without evidence.

    I can go on. I've seen some sites get lists up to 50, a number likely higher than your IQ if you don't believe Trump should be impeached and removed. Or shot by the CIA if the Republicans don't grow a spine. They've got no choice - he'll get every spy in the agency killed running his mouth off and sucking Putin's dick.

  • #146
    Girls Gone Spoony! Spoony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio
    6,653

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    Here is the big part that's being missed: the President is legally allowed to do that.
    While true, there's more than enough real reasons to remove his ass out there to justify it. If getting our spies and our foreign intelligence contacts killed is what finally moves the Regressive party to act, who cares - at least they acted.

  • #147
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,161

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    1. Violation of the Enoulments clause of the Constitution (day 1)
    2. Obstruction of Justice (Firing Comey to, in his own words, drag out the Russia investigation.
    3. Unfaithful use of the powers of the office by slandering the previous president without evidence.

    I can go on. I've seen some sites get lists up to 50, a number likely higher than your IQ if you don't believe Trump should be impeached and removed. Or shot by the CIA if the Republicans don't grow a spine. They've got no choice - he'll get every spy in the agency killed running his mouth off and sucking Putin's dick.
    Lol... oh, wait, you're serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #148
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,696

    Ignore User
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #149

  • #150
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,639

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Lol... oh, wait, you're serious.
    Spoony always advocates death with everything he doesn't like. Personally, I want the fuck up to live long enough to see this entire thing to crumble around him and then live the rest of his life in Levenworth. Then in my fantasy, I imagine him ranting and raving about fake news and that everyone loves him while bound up in a straight jacket.

    I'm not nice though.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •