Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'd have almost, just maybe bought that excuse a week ago. The thing is though, once you decide to release those emails you'd think it'd be important to laser focus on those memories pretty damn hard because like it or not it's gonna be a big deal. Maybe ask Kushner or Manafort (assuming you're still on speaking terms) to help you remember. Maybe check the sign in sheet at Trump Tower? I dunno... It just seems to me that I'd try to work real hard at developing an accurate recollection of what exactly went down. Especially before the senate hearings.
    So, then, the real reason was that they did all of those things and then just made a lure that they knew would come out? You refuse to attribute normal human incompetence so that you can assign abnormal, evilly-motivated, worse incompetence?
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    So, then, the real reason was that they did all of those things and then just made a lure that they knew would come out? You refuse to attribute normal human incompetence so that you can assign abnormal, evilly-motivated, worse incompetence?
    Um.... Ovi, this is the Trump administration we are talking about. They are evilly motivated, incompetent, train-wreck things.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    You're missing my point. What I'm trying to say is that if Jr. had actually wanted to get ahead of this then he should have done everything in his power to makes sure that he was as accurate as humanly possible regarding the stuff that the media is going to find out anyhow. Tell them that this Kaveladze guy was there to translate but it turned out the lawyer chick had her own translator anyhow, but tell them last week. It would also be important to spend some time last week 'refreshing' the old grey matter in order to be able to do so. They'd still be tearing it apart but you'd at least avoid the daily bombshell revelations, and just like any co-conspirators, as long as no one who was actually in the meeting cracks, and the story stays consistent then nothing will be provable. For fuck's sake, five year olds on a playground know this.

I'm sorry, but this is not normal human incompetence.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialus View Post
    You're missing my point. What I'm trying to say is that if Jr. had actually wanted to get ahead of this then he should have done everything in his power to makes sure that he was as accurate as humanly possible regarding the stuff that the media is going to find out anyhow. Tell them that this Kaveladze guy was there to translate but it turned out the lawyer chick had her own translator anyhow, but tell them last week. It would also be important to spend some time last week 'refreshing' the old grey matter in order to be able to do so. They'd still be tearing it apart but you'd at least avoid the daily bombshell revelations, and just like any co-conspirators, as long as no one who was actually in the meeting cracks, and the story stays consistent then nothing will be provable. For fuck's sake, five year olds on a playground know this.

I'm sorry, but this is not normal human incompetence.
    You, again, are assuming the Jr. is specially competent past normal people. He's not a politician, nor is he specially gifted in any way. Yet, you wish to dismiss this as not possible to what a normal person would do (and people fuck up like this all the time) but was actually very canny and smarty and did all the due diligence only to be colossally incompetent in his actual attempt to manipulate. You, again, dismiss incompetence so that you can impose a motive and then say Jr. is too incompetent to pull off his bad motive.

That's where your narrative falls for me -- you insist on competence so you can assign incompetence and bad motives.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    You, again, are assuming the Jr. is specially competent past normal people. He's not a politician, nor is he specially gifted in any way. Yet, you wish to dismiss this as not possible to what a normal person would do (and people fuck up like this all the time) but was actually very canny and smarty and did all the due diligence only to be colossally incompetent in his actual attempt to manipulate. You, again, dismiss incompetence so that you can impose a motive and then say Jr. is too incompetent to pull off his bad motive.

That's where your narrative falls for me -- you insist on competence so you can assign incompetence and bad motives.
    Apparently, ignorance of the law IS an excuse for breaking it...
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

Province
    Dayton
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    Comey told Congress that about a year ago.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    What law? Campaign finance law? That's a hard case to make, given its very unclear if information qualifies as a contribution. If it does, all Jr. had to do was pay for it. Also, if it does, there's issues with reporters getting information on candidates from foreign sources (like the BBC) without paying for it. That law is far too broad if you apply it to information.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkhidu View Post
    Comey told Congress that about a year ago.
    Indeed. All he need do now is claim The Clinton Defense.
    I like hats.

Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Heh
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

• Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526