Thread: The Russian Trump Thread

Province
    Michigan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    We're still looking at months if not a year or two for an investigation to come to fruition, so I wouldn't count on that to bring a swift resolution to anything.

As far as an actual impeachment, more than Emoluments clauses or whatever, his incompetence in handling his office would probably be more than enough to boot him. For the current kerfuffle, even if he's in the right to disclose any documents he wants to whoever he decides, there's a difference between doing so willfully and doing so in ignorance. He's like a political Mr. Bean. And he's spending what little political capital he has like it's going out of style. If it comes to it, Trump'll probably resign before he's impeached (and claim that it was the result of an unfair media/political witch hunt but still will claim a victory).

I'm kinda excited for the next election cycle, actually. With the Trump win, all bets are off the table as far as usual politics go and I expect (or maybe just hope) that we'll see some actual variety in the candidate pool.
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. - Douglas Adams

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkhidu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    The sky is not falling, man. If Trump survives this (and he's likely to, at this point) then the big winners will be the same ones who are already winning - the rich and powerful who live under a different set of rules than the rest of us. It'll be the status quo.
    Even if Trump loses the winners will be the same. The rich never lose.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWick View Post
    I'm kinda excited for the next election cycle, actually. With the Trump win, all bets are off the table as far as usual politics go and I expect (or maybe just hope) that we'll see some actual variety in the candidate pool.
    You're so cute.

My only joy is that the next cycle won't have a Clinton in it. The rest of the clowns will be business as usual, but there won't be any Clintons.
    Just lives for the cuddles.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    My greatest fear with this whole craptastic theatre of the absurd that is going on right now is that Trump survives it all and the investigation turns up no collusion and exonerates Trump of any wrongdoing.

Right now there's this tipping point where if Trump gets impeached or resigns, it will be a massive win for progressive values and democracy. But if he comes out of it shiny, then it will be just as massive a win on the flip-side for conservitards, environmental devastation and social injustice.

And the world will tip towards one or the other based on that result.
    Thank you for the reminder that many oppose Trump not because of his bad deeds, but because of their personal ideology.

There is nothing about Trump's bad deeds that has anything to do with conservatism or republicanism. There is nothing about bringing him down that has anything to do with progressive values. This isn't about the environment or social justice issues in any way.
    I like hats.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    There is nothing about bringing him down that has anything to do with progressive values.
    That's kinda not true. His rise to power has fueled the Alt Right and is seen as a slap in the face of "social justice" (by the SJWs and Alt Righters).

His subsequent removal would be taken (again by those two groups of morons) as a sign that things were "going back to favor SocJus".

I'm not saying this has any bearing on reality, but it does feature heavily in the in the identity politics fight.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    That's kinda not true. His rise to power has fueled the Alt Right and is seen as a slap in the face of "social justice" (by the SJWs and Alt Righters).

His subsequent removal would be taken (again by those two groups of morons) as a sign that things were "going back to favor SocJus".

I'm not saying this has any bearing on reality, but it does feature heavily in the in the identity politics fight.
    Featuring heavily in their motives has nothing to do with reality of his sins or taking him down for those sins however. It's not like impeaching Trump will be because he's against transgender rights. It would be for corruption regarding Russia for example, which doesn't really have social justice ramifications. Pence would take over, and probably be worse for social justice issues.
    I like hats.

Province
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    The wheels on the bus fall off and off
    off and off
    off and off

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.e971d23df26e

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Jared Kushner is a favorite to be the person involve with Russia.

Is this a surprise to anyone not delusional or in denial? Russia intervine in the presidential election to favore Trump. How surprising is it that their is collusion?
    I am not Gary Busey.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialus View Post
    The wheels on the bus fall off and off
    off and off
    off and off

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.e971d23df26e
    Why do people keep quoting Wash Post article citing anonymous sources when so many have been wrong or misleading so far?

Why is anyone trusting these anonymous sources?
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    My guess is it's either Bannon or Sessions.

Why is anyone trusting these anonymous sources?
    Because they're a hell of alot more believable than anything coming out of the White House. I personally don't see anything false or misleading about the article in question, although certainly there is some wiggle room on who is actually under scrutiny as the person isn't named. The rest of it can easily be fact checked and is pretty much a rehash of everything that has happened so far.

Since there is a probe going on, you can bet your last nickle it's going to include people close to Trump as well as the orange baboon himself. That's a no-brainer. Now who is going to get dicked first? Ehhh. That's the big dollar question there.

I personally think it's probably going to be Sessions, since he recused himself from the Russia investigation, yet advised Trump to fire Comey who was investigating Trump over the Russia investigation and he has had dealings with Russia and lied about it. Soooo, swing high, swing low...
    Last edited by kirinke; May 20th, 2017 at 01:01 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    A lot of that fuel came from those on the left that convinced the Alt Right that Trump is the second coming of Hitler through their reckless rhetoric.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxperson View Post
    A lot of that fuel came from those on the left that convinced the Alt Right that Trump is the second coming of Hitler through their reckless rhetoric.
    I know, SJWs are the comedy gift that keeps on giving.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    I know, SJWs are the comedy gift that keeps on giving.
    You won't be singing that tune when we round people like you up for being traitors.
    "Cunt. A word that sounds like a tennis ball hitting a racket in the sweet spot." ~ shiningbrow

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    You won't be singing that tune when we round people like you up for being traitors.
    Ahh, the fascist left at work again.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxperson View Post
    Ahh, the fascist left at work again.
    No, it's just Kzach being Kzach. I mean, I can't see what's he's said, but I'm sure, he's just being his normal douchey self.
    Last edited by kirinke; May 20th, 2017 at 04:25 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    My guess is it's either Bannon or Sessions.

Because they're a hell of alot more believable than anything coming out of the White House. I personally don't see anything false or misleading about the article in question, although certainly there is some wiggle room on who is actually under scrutiny as the person isn't named. The rest of it can easily be fact checked and is pretty much a rehash of everything that has happened so far.

Since there is a probe going on, you can bet your last nickle it's going to include people close to Trump as well as the orange baboon himself. That's a no-brainer. Now who is going to get dicked first? Ehhh. That's the big dollar question there.

I personally think it's probably going to be Sessions, since he recused himself from the Russia investigation, yet advised Trump to fire Comey who was investigating Trump over the Russia investigation and he has had dealings with Russia and lied about it. Soooo, swing high, swing low...
    The lack of actual facts in the article cut against your assertion that it can be fact checked. That's my point, there are all of these articles coming out of WashPo that follow the same MO -- late in the day release, just in time for nightly news, scandalous assertions about the President, and all cited sources are anonymous. These stories have, so far, turned out to be heavily biased forms of the truth or remain as accusations without evidence. But they hit the national news just in time, and no one follows up. The only reason you find the credulous at all is that they confirm your biases. Hell, they confirm mine, but articles that are based on nothing but unsourced rumors are bullshit I'm not buying.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

• Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast