Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustrum_Ridcully View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    The fight with Harold should have been a lot easier for him than it was potrayed, even if the guy was physical fit, he had no real martial training. Once the gun was taken care of, it should have been trivial to him.
    Yeah, THAT made that fight so bad. Harold should have been easy and not landed a real punch.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    I have a feeling his fighting ability is linked to his confidence. There seemed to be a rise and fall of capability that matched the rise and fall of his faith in himself and his purpose/focus.
    "Cunt. A word that sounds like a tennis ball hitting a racket in the sweet spot." ~ shiningbrow

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    I have a feeling his fighting ability is linked to his confidence. There seemed to be a rise and fall of capability that matched the rise and fall of his faith in himself and his purpose/focus.
    Yeah, the show was definitely going for that, focusing on his "focus" and such... but honestly it came across more as "when Danny get's pissed he fights betterer" which defeats that whole premise.
    Hop on in, this rabbit hole is deep.

Province
    Oslo
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Just finished it, I like it. There are lots of small problems, like how Harold is suddenly a threat to Danny or wtf is up with Joy at the end (there is no basis whatsoever for her turning on Danny).

I think the show has the best structure of all the marvel Netflix shows, the only one that comes close is dd2. Dd1 and jj both felt like they were approaching an end at ep10, but drag it out for a further 3 episodes. Luke Cage goes seriously downhill when Cottonmouth bites it, at that point there's only a single interesting character left (Mariah). DD2 does interesting stuff with miniarcs (punisher, then elektra, then the trial, then the hand and punisher simultaneously). But I felt that IF managed to sustain its narrative through all thirteen episodes, with proper climaxes and so on.

The meachums were the stars. That's why this show works best with a white Danny - the corporate angle in New York just works better, and that's where the Meachums come in.

Sent fra min Nexus 5X via Tapatalk

Province
    Oslo
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Netflix marvel continues the tradition of awesome antagonists. Harold, Bakuto and Gao are all top tier villains.

The secret is, as always, to show why the villain considers himself the hero of his own story.

Well, except Gao. She's just ice cold and mysterious.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrik View Post
    Just finished it, I like it. There are lots of small problems, like how Harold is suddenly a threat to Danny or wtf is up with Joy at the end (there is no basis whatsoever for her turning on Danny).

I think the show has the best structure of all the marvel Netflix shows, the only one that comes close is dd2. Dd1 and jj both felt like they were approaching an end at ep10, but drag it out for a further 3 episodes. Luke Cage goes seriously downhill when Cottonmouth bites it, at that point there's only a single interesting character left (Mariah). DD2 does interesting stuff with miniarcs (punisher, then elektra, then the trial, then the hand and punisher simultaneously). But I felt that IF managed to sustain its narrative through all thirteen episodes, with proper climaxes and so on.

The meachums were the stars. That's why this show works best with a white Danny - the corporate angle in New York just works better, and that's where the Meachums come in.

I agree with pretty much all of that. I feel a bit ashamed to admit that it has been my favorite Marvel series so far. It kept me interested from the beginning to end, which isn't something the other series have done. I also agree with your critique of Luke Cage. That is spot on. Diamondback was a stupid, stupid, villain and the entire second act of Luke Cage was worse for his inclusion. I mean, seriously? His master plan was to throw on a hoodie, punch some people in public, and scream out that he was Luke Cage? On a scale of masterful villain plans rated from 1 to 10, that plan was a -5.
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234