Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Forced March Thoughts 2017

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Yeah, as much as I appreciate what spiders do for me (killing other insects) they aren't allowed in the house. They all gots to go outside along with all other insects that come in (except mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, and roaches - they just die).
    Exactly.

On a more funny note, we're going to have some pretty severe thunderstorms soon and our idiot inside/outside cat was doing his normal business of wanting oooouttttt! So I plopped him on my bed and now he's cuddled up on the blankets, happy as can be.

I swear, there are only two types of pet in this world. The one's you choose and the one's who choose you and you don't get a say in the matter. It doesn't matter if it's cat, dog, gerbil or whatever. ^_^

Joey, our inside/outside cat is one of the one's who chose us. He was sort of a neighborhood cat that we fed and he never left.
    Last edited by kirinke; April 2nd, 2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Far to the West and deep underground
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarion'sCousin View Post
    Welcome back, Mushroom Monk.
    Ty, ty.

Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    Greetings, Frère.

Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    The Blue Bonnets and other wild flowers are in full bloom around here. There's this particular road where I live that's pretty much all rural farm land, I might take it just to admire the scenery. I'm sure the wild flowers are spectacular along that route.
    That sounds kinda nice, actually - in this part of NorCali the weather is still that of a breezy, cool early Spring with that particular smell of snowmelt on the wind coming down from the mountains (Shasta and Lassen, among others). All I have seen thus far as daffodils (almost always the first ones to poke their heads out of the ground), some fruit tree blossoms and California Redbud bushes. Which are all nice enough! ^^

This past two weeks or so the robins have begun singing their particular early morning song too - something I have become incredibly fond of over the years. It is always a consolation to hear each for the first time after the winter months each year.
    "It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between."

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), [i]Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Yeah, as much as I appreciate what spiders do for me (killing other insects) they aren't allowed in the house. They all gots to go outside along with all other insects that come in (except mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, and roaches - they just die).
    Ticks are arachnids, not insects.

But yes, they need to dieDieDIE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
    This past two weeks or so the robins have begun singing their particular early morning song too - something I have become incredibly fond of over the years. It is always a consolation to hear each for the first time after the winter months each year.
    How are your monastery's bees?! Hope they overwintered okay. One of these days I'll have to get round to ordering something from you fellows.

I went a little nuts and sprouted a WHOLE PACKAGE of tomato seeds. Yikes. I've been transferring sproutlings to peat pots and have about three aluminum roasting pans full of peat pots, each of which have 3 or 4 tomato plants in them. That is a *lot* of tomatoes. Also have some sunflower seedlings stretching their heads up, and some spinach plants, and a few basil seedlings. The basil takes for-freakin'-ever to sprout, I've had seeds on the sprouting tray (a reused styrofoam meat tray with damp paper towel) for literally *weeks* and up until recently, only gotten maybe 3 sproutlings. The seeds seem to be coated with some sort of translucent coating that looks like glue. That tray has started to take off in the last day or two, got about 8 that will be ready for dirt soon. Hopefully the sprouting explosion will continue.

So many tomato plants, tho. And the madness continues, because I started some cherry tomato seeds soaking last night, as well as some Brandywine (my current fave) seeds, as I want some indeterminate varieties to grow so I can make a big trellised tomato area that keeps producing.
    Last edited by Palaralae; April 3rd, 2017 at 09:38 PM.

So we sleep all day
    And we rise at night
    And we spread our wings and take into the skies.
    We do it all our way
    Live our lives like that
    'Cause there’s no one here to fill our heads with lies

And when the people all stop and stare
    And say, “Why you gotta be like that?”
    When the people all stop and stare
    And say, “Why you gotta dress like that?”
    I just punch 'em in the eye
    And I bite 'em on the thigh
    And I kick 'em in their ass where the sun don’t shine
    I look 'em in the eye and tell 'em
    I was raised by bats!

Things need to make sense. COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Advocatus Diaboli's Avatar
    Province
    San Antonio, TX
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Attaaaaack of the Killer Tomaaaatoes.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli View Post
    Attaaaaack of the Killer Tomaaaatoes.
    Hmmm...you have a point, they've definitely got the numbers. Maybe I should keep an extra langseax in the computer/plant room, just in case....

So we sleep all day
    And we rise at night
    And we spread our wings and take into the skies.
    We do it all our way
    Live our lives like that
    'Cause there’s no one here to fill our heads with lies

And when the people all stop and stare
    And say, “Why you gotta dress like that?”
    I just punch 'em in the eye
    And I bite 'em on the thigh
    And I kick 'em in their ass where the sun don’t shine