Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingGreen View Post
    Yablo and Sadras?

I dunno, but people seem to think I'm them, so maybe they're actually this Kzach person?
    I have one nick, it's the same as here as it is at Enworld. I have no need/inclination, but more importantly the time, to create and manage aliases.

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Greyhawk sucks though.
    I will skin you alive and roll you in salt and fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    Shit, how'd I miss that? Thanks for pointing out BG's one good post so far on this board.

Greyhawk sucks though. Even when it was the "default campaign world" for 3rd Edition, they didn't bother to put any actual campaign fluff for the setting in the corebooks.
    Word.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Greyhawk sucks though. Even when it was the "default campaign world" for 3rd Edition, they didn't bother to put any actual campaign fluff for the setting in the corebooks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablo View Post
    Greyhawk, like DragonLance, is a flavorless setting. This is why the Old Grey Box probelled the Forgotten Realms and left other settings behind.
    And this is why you'll both always be stupider than even nail bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Shit, how'd I miss that? Thanks for pointing out BG's one good post so far on this board.

Word.
    Oh wait, spoke too soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    Well, hell - if you roll me in a good pork chop breader and fry me in corn oil after that, I'll be goddamned delicious!

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Greyhawk was awesome. Awesome.
    GreyOne - "At what point do enough innocent bodies stack up where you decide your Second Amendment isn't worth the paper required to wipe a medium-sized bowel movement?"

Ovinomancer - "As for your questions, more."

Quote Originally Posted by GreyOne View Post
    Greyhawk was awesome. Awesome.
    Honestly, I was just trying to get people's goats with my earlier comment. I don't care for Greyhawk personally, but that's almost certainly because the two early settings I played in were FR and a homebrew, and I started DMing under 3rd Edition, when there was scant crunch for Greyhawk available, so I also ran FR and a homebrew. I'm sure anyone who has played in the setting with a good DM probably enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed FR - it's just not my bag.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Honestly, I was just trying to get people's goats with my earlier comment. I don't care for Greyhawk personally, but that's almost certainly because the two early settings I played in were FR and a homebrew, and I started DMing under 3rd Edition, when there was scant crunch for Greyhawk available, so I also ran FR and a homebrew. I'm sure anyone who has played in the setting with a good DM probably enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed FR - it's just not my bag.
    Forgotten Realms was AWESOME when it was Ed Greenwood writing articles about it in Dragon Magazine, slowly revealing cool names and all this untold story. The first edition of it was pretty good. Since then I think it's overpowered crap.
    GreyOne - "At what point do enough innocent bodies stack up where you decide your Second Amendment isn't worth the paper required to wipe a medium-sized bowel movement?"

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    These pictures of early Greyhawk still give me waves of nostalgic awesome:

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Forgotten Realms was AWESOME...
    Forgotten Realms is a hot steaming pile of shit. I'd take Greyhawk any day over that neckbearded wet-dream setting.

My favorite premade setting is still Mystara.

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Forgotten Realms was AWESOME when it was Ed Greenwood writing articles about it in Dragon Magazine, slowly revealing cool names and all this untold story.
    I always enjoyed his "Wyrms of the North" articles. One of the things that I believe he alluded to is something I included in the backstory of Palaralae the PC.
    "I'll tell you something," he said, as if he had said nothing that day. "You're walking on gallows ground, and there's a rope around your neck and a raven-bird on each shoulder waiting for your eyes, and the gallows tree has deep roots, for it stretches from heaven to hell, and our world is only the branch from which the rope is swinging."

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Forgotten Realms is a hot steaming pile of shit. I'd take Greyhawk any day over that neckbearded wet-dream setting.

My favorite premade is Dark Sun. It combines Mad Max style postapocalyptic with classical civilization, two of my favorite settings.

Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio

Ignore User

Of all the things I have mistook you for, never would I dream you're a Mystara fan.
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

Since then I think it's overpowered crap.
    Maybe that's been part of my problem with getting into other settings - to me, FR seems like the normal power level, so everything else seems watered down, except Planescape and Spelljammer. And those can both be run in conjunction with FR, so they don't even really seem entirely separate.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorian View Post
    My favorite premade is Dark Sun. It combines Mad Max style postapocalyptic with classical civilization, two of my favorite settings.
    Oh shit, I forgot about Dark Sun. DS is my number 2 D&D setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    Of all the things I have mistook you for, never would I dream you're a Mystara fan.
    The first thing I ever bought for D&D was Gazetteer 1: The Grand Duchy of Karameikos.

• Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast