a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Well, it's not necessarily "weird" and it wasn't "lunch", but....first outdoor fires of the year this past weekend for running my dyepot and drying out some charcoal summoned my inner Grill Goddess and so I figured I should Build More Fires and do a couple grill-smoked meat things. One whole chicken and a Chunk O' Pig. Super yummy. When I brought them down in the pot, I thought it looked like my speed of Easter basket.

Going to try and do another chicken soon with less fire and more smoke. Chickens done over fire always turn out so freakin' delicious and juicy; people I know still talk fondly and wistfully over the three chickens I did on a spit (stuffed with wine-soaked greens) a year or so ago at our Viking weekend campout event. Those were epic.
    roast chicken and pig.JPG
    The Mare-Headed Queen
    The Mari-Lwyd
    I was Mother of all the Herds
    Ten thousand years my shining foals
    Bridled with starlight
    Saddled with gold
    Leapt the divide
    Between living and dead
    Quickened the year
    With each toss of the head
    Galloped the deep of Beauty
    and Never grew old
    Let me in!

And now I am Nightmare
    I am rattling womb
    The Uffington Wraith I've become
    Forced into darkness
    You've made me a fiend
    Bridled with Shadow
    Saddled with Scream
    From window to window
    Traversing the night
    My face in your glass
    In a shudder of light
    Seeking that deep of welcome
    Befitting a Queen
    Let me in once again
    Let me in!

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Well the stew actually was pretty fucking fantastic. I now know I like sweet potatoes and Guinness in stew
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    I love grilled or smoked meat (poultry or fish, that is). We have a smoker and once tried to smoke a whole chicken but ran out of time so finished it in the oven, with the resulting product being extra delicious. I should fire up the smoker and do that again with better planning. I actually have a turkey in the freezer and maybe that would be a better candidate. We love smoked turkey and that bird won't last forever. I wonder how long it will take?

Has anyone on here smoked a turkey? This is about 12 pounds. I'll have to thaw it, and wonder if I should brine it first.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Province
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Smoked turkey is wonderful. My dad has a smoker and sometimes does one in it for the holidays. I think the amount of time depends on how much the turkey weighs and what kind of smoker you have. I do know that a good brine never hurts a turkey, smoked or not. I did a quick google search and brought up some good stuff. So that would be the place to start.

Also?
    www.foodnetwork.com is your friend.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    I may try this, given the turkey isn't really going anywhere. It might be nice for a summer barbeque party. We owe a bunch of people dinner and this may really fit the bill.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...turkey-recipe2

Province
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Easy Peasy Sausage Kolaches

1 can of biscuit dough, I find that the regular non-flaky version works best
    1 package of Lil Smokies smoked sausage (or similar tiny sausages).

Cut the pre made dough rounds in half.
    Put in two or three sausages in the middle of the dough round.
    Cover the sausages with the other round half and pinch the edges firmly together.
    Place on a pan (tin foil lined and grease the tin foil for easy clean up).
    Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the biscuit is nice a golden brown at 350 degrees.

This trick will also work with cooked bacon, ham, other cooked/smoked meats or fruit filling.
    Last edited by kirinke; April 23rd, 2017 at 02:26 PM.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Today I had a Trader Joe's Turkey Burger on a roll with mustard. These are available in the frozen section of TJs. Not especially expensive, and good while also easy to prepare. I had 4 hours of sleep last night. After the Turkey Burger, I thought I'd read something that I had to finish by Wed.

I woke up 3 hours later. Was it the Turkey? or just exhaustion? Who can say.

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    I like to add cottage cheese to my scrambled eggs, sometimes. I have been told this is weird. It gives it a fluffier, richer taste & texture, though you do have to cook off the excess liquid.

We also do cottage cheese pancakes occasionally. They're different.
    The Mare-Headed Queen
    The Mari-Lwyd
    I was Mother of all the Herds
    Ten thousand years my shining foals
    Bridled with starlight
    Saddled with gold
    Leapt the divide
    Between living and dead
    Quickened the year
    With each toss of the head
    Galloped the deep of Beauty
    and Never grew old
    Let me in!

And now I am Nightmare
    I am rattling womb
    The Uffington Wraith I've become
    Forced into darkness
    You've made me a fiend
    Bridled with Shadow
    Saddled with Scream
    From window to window
    Traversing the night
    My face in your glass
    In a shudder of light
    Seeking that deep of welcome
    Befitting a Queen
    Let me in once again
    Let me in!

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Once in a while, I throw a spoon of plain yogurt into scrambled eggs. It's nice. Makes them a little richer. I guess it's pretty much the same deal but with a smoother texture.

• Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567