Page 3 of 191 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212253103 ... LastLast

Thread: Living Under the Boot Heel of Our New Orange Overlord

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Top: What all estimates say are 1.8 million people at Barack Obama's inauguration.

Bottom: What Trump (via Sean Spicer) claims is the largest attendance at any inauguration in history.

Sad: What the new administration considers to be so important on their first full day in office that they held an unscheduled press conference over it in which the White House Press Secretary has a complete meltdown.

Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Is this even important?
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    No, you fucking illiterate mouth-breather - all it does is just not lower the cost. You morons act as if Trump suddenly took away the discount and then tacked on additional costs. Stop being obtuse, shitdick.
    At the very least would you agree that the optics are fucking terrible... When you ride to power on a populist wave from the middle and lower working classes and then, the very first thing you do is sign an executive order that you HAVE to fucking know will get spun just like this then you really gotta wonder.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Is this even important?
    Only as pure comedy gold.

Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialus View Post
    At the very least would you agree that the optics are fucking terrible... When you ride to power on a populist wave from the middle and lower working classes and then, the very first thing you do is sign an executive order that you HAVE to fucking know will get spun just like this then you really gotta wonder.
    Of course the optics will be terrible when the media spins it the way they have instead of simply stating the truth which is that he rescinded an artificial reduction in the cost implemented by Obama. The truth is hidden at the bottom of the article because leftist media knows most people only read the headline and first paragraph of any article.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    You do realize that Trump became president because of the media right? Then he got mad at them when they began to report on his misdeeds, many faux paus and other assorted sundry incidents? Now they're bad, wrong no fun meanies. How dare they say bad things about him, even when it's the truth! He's the bestus thing evaaar!!!!!! WAAAAAH!!!!!
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User

[h=White House press secretary attacks media for accurately reporting inauguration crowds]1[/h]

[h="That's what you guys should be writing and covering," new White House press secretary Sean Spicer angrily lectured reporters on Saturday during his first remarks from the podium of the press briefing room.]2[/h]
    He was referring to the delay in Senate confirmation for President Donald Trump's pick to lead the CIA, Congressman Mike Pompeo, but the comment came after a long digression about how many people had shown up to watch Trump be sworn in as president.

"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period," Spicer said, contradicting all available data.

Aerial photos have indicated that former president Barack Obama's first inauguration attracted a much larger crowd. Nielsen ratings show that Obama also had a bigger television audience.

Spicer said, without any evidence, that some photos were "intentionally framed" to downplay Trump's crowd.

He also expressed objections to specific Twitter posts from journalists. And he said, "we're going to hold the press accountable," partly by reaching the public through social networking sites.

Spicer, at times almost yelling while reading a prepared statement, took no questions. CNNMoney called his cell phone a few minutes later; he did not answer.
    Some longtime White House correspondents were stunned by the tirade.

Glenn Thrush of The New York Times wrote on Twitter, "Jaw meet floor."

"I've run out of adjectives," wrote Chuck Todd, the moderator of NBC's "Meet the Press."

Karen Tumulty of the Washington Post said Spicer's assertion about "what you guys should be writing" was "chilling."

Reactions were overwhelmingly negative, and not just from journalists.

Ari Fleischer, who had the same job as Spicer during the George W. Bush administration, tweeted, "This is called a statement you're told to make by the President. And you know the President is watching."

And Brian Fallon, who was in line to become press secretary if Hillary Clinton had won, wrote, "Sean Spicer lacks the guts or integrity to refuse orders to go out and lie. He is a failure in this job on his first full day."

Conservative commentator Bill Kristol said "it is embarrassing, as an American, to watch this briefing by Sean Spicer from the podium at the White House. Not the RNC. The White House."

The White House alerted the press corps to Spicer's statement more than an hour ahead of time.

The CNN television network made a choice not to broadcast the Spicer statement live. Instead, the statement was monitored and then reported on after the fact.

Former Democratic congressman Steve Israel, who recently joined CNN as a commentator, said, "This isn't a petty attack on the press. It's a calculated attempt to delegitimize any questioning of @realDonaldTrump by a free press."

Spicer's statement came two hours after Trump spoke at CIA headquarters and described his "running war with the media." Trump spent several minutes of that speech complaining about news coverage.
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/21/medi...ent/index.html

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    Thanks mang!
    Hey, since you were on a break, you may not know that Yablo's opening act on the boards here was impersonating a known and convicted pedophile. That was under Blabla. He changed his handle and has been shitting wherever he can since. Do not make the mistake of thinking he's ever on your side for anything -- he's a true piece of shit as a human being.

Take it for whatever it's worth.
    What happened was that Trump signed an executive order that stayed ALL pending regulations while his administration gets a handle on things. Given the number of things Obama had in the pipeline across government, this isn't unreasonable, and, yes, some things will be held up that might be good ideas. I have no idea if this is a good idea or not -- I know nothing of the background for the decision. I think it's a absolute shitty bit of reporting to find something that was stayed that you can spin as a cost increase because a planned reduction wasn't enacted, but that's the end of my actual knowledge of whether or not this was a good idea or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Hey, since you were on a break, you may not know that Yablo's opening act on the boards here was impersonating a known and convicted pedophile. That was under Blabla. He changed his handle and has been shitting wherever he can since. Do not make the mistake of thinking he's ever on your side for anything -- he's a true piece of shit as a human being.

Take it for whatever it's worth.
    Do you have any links to the fucknuttery? It's not that I don't believe you, it's that I'm mostly here for the comedy.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Do you have any links to the fucknuttery? It's not that I don't believe you, it's that I'm mostly here for the comedy.
    Dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Dude.
    I figure the callouts and eventual meltdown of being exposed a fraud would be pure comedy gold, especially the complete dogpile after the name change.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Lookit. We all know Trump is an evil little dickhead attention whore. If we start obsessing over every little bullshit thing he does, he wins.

Personally, I'm looking forward to when he tries to fire the Republican party for not toeing the line with what he wants.
    Wtf? NO! This is just fucking retarded logic. Too much of the shit he has done and will do will already be glossed over and excused by the fuckwits that do it. His bullshit and stupidity need to be highlighted not ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio

Ignore User

Sean Spicer just had a fucking MELTDOWN in a press conference held about the inauguration attendance!!!!!

That was hi-LARIOUS.

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Is this even important?
    If the Trumps are calling press conferences just to have pissbaby meltdowns, you bet it's fucking important.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Trump didn't know shit. His spinmasters put a document in front of him to sign and he did. That was the extent of it. Why does anyone thing this poltroon knows what he's doing when it comes to legislation/knowledge about policy?
    GreyOne - "At what point do enough innocent bodies stack up where you decide your Second Amendment isn't worth the paper required to wipe a medium-sized bowel movement?"

Ovinomancer - "As for your questions, more."

• Page 3 of 191 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212253103 ... LastLast