Thread: Living Under the Boot Heel of Our New Orange Overlord

  1. #2806
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,170

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    Never heard of, "Ignorance is not a defense."? He has to intend to commit the act and know it was wrong. He does not have to know it was a crime.

    "The mens rea requirement is premised upon the idea that one must possess a guilty state of mind and be aware of his or her misconduct; however, a defendant need not know that their conduct is illegal to be guilty of a crime. Rather, the defendant must be conscious of the "facts that make his conduct fit the definition of the offense."



    Do you really not know the difference between murder and other forms of homicide? I think you do.



    You have to have Mens Rea, not knowledge that it's a crime.
    Dude. Actually fully read what ypu're quoting, and maybe double check that your links don't go to a completely different page.

    Here's the correct link: https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/mens_rea
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

 

  • #2807
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    I like the cut of his jib.... so why isn't he running for the Presidency?

    Great speech! I found it intriguing and wish to subscribe to his newsletter...

    A few more addresses of this caliber might improve the possibility that he could succeed if he wished to pursue it. Should Sen. Tester continue to make such strides, perhaps the Democratic Party establishment might even 'bless' such a candidacy. This all stems on the idea he would like to run for President. Not everyone wants to be President, and that is okay. Presidential prospects aside, I would like to see this stance taken by more members of Congress.

  • #2808
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Dude. Actually fully read what ypu're quoting, and maybe double check that your links don't go to a completely different page.

    Here's the correct link: https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/mens_rea
    Your link still says this dude.

    "however, a defendant need not know that their conduct is illegal to be guilty of a crime."

    There's no need to know the act is illegal to commit a crime.

  • #2809
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,640

    Ignore User
    This is the Trump hate thread. Why are you two dickering this?
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #2810
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,170

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    Your link still says this dude.

    "however, a defendant need not know that their conduct is illegal to be guilty of a crime."

    There's no need to know the act is illegal to commit a crime.
    Sigh. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. And, once you have a misappropriated definitional bit in your mouth, you're less reasonabke than kirinke.

    So, enjoy your god of crimes. You've exhausted my desire to deprogram you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #2811
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,170

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    This is the Trump hate thread. Why are you two dickering this?
    Why? Itching to delete the thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #2812
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    This is the Trump hate thread. Why are you two dickering this?
    It goes back many pages to Trump.

  • #2813
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Sigh. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. And, once you have a misappropriated definitional bit in your mouth, you're less reasonabke than kirinke.

    So, enjoy your god of crimes. You've exhausted my desire to deprogram you.

    Sure. When the facts defeat you, run away. This can be over now.

  • #2814
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,170

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    Sure. When the facts defeat you, run away. This can be over now.
    Nah, Max, facts didn't defeat me, your magical thinking did.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #2815
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Nah, Max, facts didn't defeat me, your magical thinking did.
    Me: You don't need to know something is a crime for your act to be a crime.

    You: Yes you do.

    Me: Here is the absolute proof that you don't.

    You: I'm going to post the exact same proof, claim it's not proof, accuse you of magical thinking, and then go hide before you can hit me with more facts.

    Go right ahead dude. As I've had to say to you several times already, reality doesn't change.

  • #2816
    consequences 3catcircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio
    4,167

    Ignore User
    So - no one seems to be talking about the NYT report that when Trump fired Comey, the FBI opened an inquiry into whether or not Trump was working on behalf of Russia. Does *no one* understand the Constitutional crisis of people who *work for the President* to have done this? The NYT doesn't name names, but "...senior FBI officials..." is pretty much all of the Obama holdovers. Luckily Trump cleaned house and got rid of all of them. He just now needs to continue to clean house throughout the rest of the government.

  • #2817
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    28,170

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    Me: You don't need to know something is a crime for your act to be a crime.

    You: Yes you do.

    Me: Here is the absolute proof that you don't.

    You: I'm going to post the exact same proof, claim it's not proof, accuse you of magical thinking, and then go hide before you can hit me with more facts.

    Go right ahead dude. As I've had to say to you several times already, reality doesn't change.
    Sigh, okay, you imagine that's how it went. You imagine that's what mens rea means, because you found a quote and failed to comprehend the article. You have to know that what you did was wrong. Different laws have different levels of mens rea needed -- and some require you to have willfully committed the act knowing it was wrong to do so. Ignorance is a defense for some laws. But, you've found that some laws don't require it, and you've found that there are lesser levels of mens rea for other laws, and you've latched onto this, as you do, and will beat that definition bloody despite the fact that it undercuts your argument that it's the act that's all that's necessary -- even if you take your reading of it. The level of self-owning you get up to when you do this is pretty funny, but it's less funny that you're incapable of realizing it at all.

    So, yeah, I'm done trying to convince you that you're magical thinking about your god of crime is silly. You go on with it, and the surety that it gives you to consider others lesser.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #2818
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    7,640

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    So - no one seems to be talking about the NYT report that when Trump fired Comey, the FBI opened an inquiry into whether or not Trump was working on behalf of Russia. Does *no one* understand the Constitutional crisis of people who *work for the President* to have done this? The NYT doesn't name names, but "...senior FBI officials..." is pretty much all of the Obama holdovers. Luckily Trump cleaned house and got rid of all of them. He just now needs to continue to clean house throughout the rest of the government.
    Yes and replaced them with incompetent stooges or criminals themselves. *Cough* Whitaker *Cough*
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #2819
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    So - no one seems to be talking about the NYT report that when Trump fired Comey, the FBI opened an inquiry into whether or not Trump was working on behalf of Russia. Does *no one* understand the Constitutional crisis of people who *work for the President* to have done this? The NYT doesn't name names, but "...senior FBI officials..." is pretty much all of the Obama holdovers. Luckily Trump cleaned house and got rid of all of them. He just now needs to continue to clean house throughout the rest of the government.
    Yup, this way he'll be able to continue to work with Russia to undermind the US.

    Useful idiots like you help him get away with it. Bravo. Your masters are proud.
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #2820
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,189

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    So - no one seems to be talking about the NYT report that when Trump fired Comey, the FBI opened an inquiry into whether or not Trump was working on behalf of Russia.\
    Here ya go mate, an article:


    NYT Reveals FBI Retaliated Against Trump For Comey Firing
    "A Friday expose from the New York Times reveals that the FBI investigation of Trump for alleged treason was little more than retaliation against the president for lawfully firing an incompetent and ethically challenged FBI director."
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • Page 188 of 193 FirstFirst ... 88138169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •