Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    It's really a win-win from their perspective (if true). If Clinton won, her presidency would have been damaged by their work. If Trump wins, they've got someone they've got the goods on. And if Trump's issues get outed, he becomes damaged goods. So, a win-win-win scenario. The only downside is if it leads to actual war, which is infinitesimally likely even if it is all true, and would only happen if Trump gets impeached and someone equally nutty gets put in charge. Pence is not a guy I particularly want in charge, but I don't think he'd start a war with Russia over this. So for Russia, there's literally no downside. They can handle the risk of more sanctions.

As to the veracity of the rumors - it's all unconfirmed, and who knows? But here's what I believe: given Trump's inability to control himself, I find the idea of Russian agents providing him with hookers and videotaping it to be the kind of thing that only would not exist if the Russians didn't feel it was worth their time. It seems like it would be trivially easy to get Trump into that sort of a compromising position.
    So here's the thing. *Every* world leader has intel on the fucked up things other world leaders might be involved in that they can use as leverage or just as FYI. I'm sure that Obama knew about Berlusconi's underage prostitutes before it every came out in the press, for example.

The question is - how could you possibly hold this over a guy who isn't afraid to air dirty laundry when he sues you?

As to public embarrassment? Maybe, but if the fear is that he'd be blackmailed to avoid his wife finding out- the cats already out of the bag. Hell, for all we know, his wife might be into kink as well. As long as his kinks don't involve kids or animals, it is no one's business but him and his wife.

John McCain just admitted he was the leaker. Fuck him - send his ass back to a VC prison until he learns some manners.

The media is going to have a rough 4 years because Trump won't play by their rules.
    Last edited by 3catcircus; January 11th, 2017 at 02:50 PM.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    So Cohen is at the center of the allegations of the Trump campaign colluding with Russian Intelligence, and the dossier specifically cites a meeting in Prague.

Cohen came out last night and said he couldn't have had that meeting in Prague because he's never been to Prague and he has no stamp for the Czech Republic in his passport.

Reince Priebus parroted that talking point this morning.

Here's the problem. The Czech Republic is a member nation of the European Union and, upon entry into a member nation of the EU your passport is stamped, but when you go to another member nation from there, there are no further stamps.

In fact, tourists who specifically want those stamps have to look to guides for travel in Europe so that they leave the EU, then re-enter in order to get the European passport stamps they desire.
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

Province
    Michigan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    The media is going to have a rough 4 years because Trump won't play by their rules.
    Yeah, because you can't take anything he says at face value, and because he'll contradict what he says and claim that he never said what he's contradicting.

Do you think harming Trump is the end-goal here? I'd argue that the goal is manipulating the public and undermining their confidence in the institutions that elected him. You can't rely on anything he says as reflecting reality with the "Take him seriously, but don't take him literally" line. Really, it doesn't matter if the story is true or false or something in-between. Enough of the public believes it.

The test will be whether, in a few more weeks or months, another damaging story like this about him wends its way into the public sphere. If it's a one-off thing, then I'm just building my arguments on sand. I'm ok with that. My gut is telling me that we're only seeing the first droplets of a four-year long shitstorm.
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. - Douglas Adams

Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Do you honestly expect any different from Trump? Shit, I expect the lawsuit to be getting inked any minute, scream and flail is his style.
    Expect? No. Want more from the leader of America? Damn straight!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    As to public embarrassment? Maybe, but if the fear is that he'd be blackmailed to avoid his wife finding out- the cats already out of the bag. Hell, for all we know, his wife might be into kink as well. As long as his kinks don't involve kids or animals*, it is no one's business but him and his wife.
    *Or cigars and interns in the Oval Office.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    It's about time shame made its way back into the culture-shaping tool set.
    You've really been asleep lately haven't you? Shame has never left the toolbox, indeed it's the main tool of the "Progressive" movement.
    "We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with winning. Believe me. - Trump

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    I'm sorry that you are such a racist that you automatically equate the word "lazy" with the n-word. If the articles were about Calvin Coolidge (also regarded as lazy), you wouldn't equate the two words, now would you.
    Except it isn't about Coolige. It is about Obama, my little racist.

Last edited by Yablo; January 11th, 2017 at 05:00 PM.
    I am not Gary Busey.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    So here's the thing. *Every* world leader has intel on the fucked up things other world leaders might be involved in that they can use as leverage or just as FYI. I'm sure that Obama knew about Berlusconi's underage prostitutes before it every came out in the press, for example.

The question is - how could you possibly hold this over a guy who isn't afraid to air dirty laundry when he sues you?

As to public embarrassment? Maybe, but if the fear is that he'd be blackmailed to avoid his wife finding out- the cats already out of the bag. Hell, for all we know, his wife might be into kink as well. As long as his kinks don't involve kids or animals, it is no one's business but him and his wife.

John McCain just admitted he was the leaker. Fuck him - send his ass back to a VC prison until he learns some manners.

U pissed, bro?

Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Now there are rumblings that the Donald "Golden Showers" Trump information was a prank from 4chan.

Not for the reason of letting Trump off the hook...but if true this would be my favorite thing to happen so far this month.
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Well, if we can invent facts to excuse anything, why not say Hitler was mind controlled by reptilians then?

John McCain just admitted he was the leaker.
    Nope. Get your facts right, derpy. The report has beend circulating amongst journalists and politicians for a while. McCain gave it to the FBI for investigation. What is new here is that CNN is reporting that the report was included in an intelligence briefing Trump and Obama received. The intelligence agencies have not confirmed the validity of the information in the report.

Stop going on fake news sites.

His twitter tantrums says he does care about the media.
    I am not Gary Busey.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Now there are rumblings that the Donald "Golden Showers" Trump information was a prank from 4chan.

Not for the reason of letting Trump off the hook...but if true this would be my favorite thing to happen so far this month.
    I seriously doubt the 4chan claims. They claim they started the rumor of perverted sex acts but there was never any specificity in the initial claimed source post on 4chan.

All other claims point to a retired MI6 agent who is now running a private intelligence firm that did oppo research for (initially) Republicans opposed to Trump and eventually the Hillary campaign. That none of this came out in the campaign would speak to the unverified nature of the dossier.

I will be warm! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER guyjin's Avatar
    Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    this jackass told a reporter he may not ask him a question, and then tell that reporter he's rude.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    Or, you know, post a measured response with the intention of giving a nuanced statement later.
    If he had I would have accused him of using someone else to post his tweets!
    I like hats.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    In America, Trump get pissed off.

In Russia, Trump get pissed on!
    I admit I'm gonna be kinda sad when this one fades from the headlines. It just is a font of excellent jokes
    I like hats.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    I admit I'm gonna be kinda sad when this one fades from the headlines. It just is a font of excellent jokes
    I think the leaks reported by yellow journalists make some people want to take a shower.

• Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast