Thread: The Coming Rule of Trump

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    He owns their asses and every last damned one of them knows it.

Meanwhile, Putin owns Trump's ass so it comes ddown to whatever the hell Putin wants.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxperson View Post

Сделать Америку великой Снова сливом американского разведывательного агентства Болота для Путина.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Be serious. Do you honestly think that if Trump decides some career diplomat isn't right for the position he won't have his buds in the Congress go through the process in order to get rid of that person, for whatever perceived slight Trump thinks was given?

This is a very petty and vengeful man we are talking about and he holds the Congress in the palm of his hand.
    Um, wouldn't he just call his Secretary of State and have them reassign the person in question? I dunno, that just seems, like, easier and all, what with him being the head of the Executive Branch and all those diplomats working for him.

What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Um, wouldn't he just call his Secretary of State and have them reassign the person in question? I dunno, that just seems, like, easier and all, what with him being the head of the Executive Branch and all those diplomats working for him.

What do you think?
    That wouldn't be vindictive and petty enough. Doesn't fit Benedict Donald's MO.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    That wouldn't be vindictive and petty enough. Doesn't fit Benedict Donald's MO.
    Ah, so, you agree with me, but can't do it so close to the prior agreement, so this is needs to be an imagined MO of Donald (who, like, has a long history of using Congress to punish people who work for him -- isn't that the plot of The Apprentice? "You're Sanctioned By Congress!").

Cool.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Ah, so, you agree with me, but can't do it so close to the prior agreement, so this is needs to be an imagined MO of Donald (who, like, has a long history of using Congress to punish people who work for him -- isn't that the plot of The Apprentice? "You're Sanctioned By Congress!").

Cool.
    The MO is vindictive and petty, not anything to do with Congress. When faced with taking somebody down, Benedict Donald always goes the most vindictive and petty route possible.

But nice strawman, any way. I cannot deny, you are the master of building up the strawmen so you can just knock 'em down.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    The MO is vindictive and petty, not anything to do with Congress. When faced with taking somebody down, Benedict Donald always goes the most vindictive and petty route possible.

But nice strawman, any way. I cannot deny, you are the master of building up the strawmen so you can just knock 'em down.
    Ha. You invent out of whole cloth a motivation for an action that hasn't even happened yet and then accuse me of strawmen. That's, like, the entire USDA yearly allowance of irony in one go, man.

Not that Trump isn't petty or vindictive, that's not in dispute, but that he'd bother to go to Congress to do something he could do better himself. That's the crazy you're peddling.

So, in order:

1) Trump is a douchebag
    2) Trump is vindictive and petty
    3) Trump doesn't usually ask other people to do things for him on the vindictive and petty side, he wants you to know it was him.
    4) Congress is full of douchebags who would love to have a fraction of the power Trump has to do petty and vindictive shit.
    5) The $1 rule isn't something Trump needs, it does, however, meet the needs of 4)
    6) You're in nutso land that Congress did this or will use it at Trump's bequest -- he doesn't need it to be petty and vindictive to people that already work for him.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Dayton
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    ...Name me two things (one each) that "matters" when it comes to you opposing Trump. Where is your line in the sand. Because right now, I see a lot of "yeah, he's a bad person and I don't support him" without criticism of any of his policies. You certainly never begin the criticism, the best you offer is a weak "me too" or deafening silence.

So tell me what is the important things we should be focused on, because right now you two seem very complicit with his actions so far...
    Just two? That sonuvabitch has given us more than two policies to hate on.

-- There's his "deal-making," which is just another flavor of crony capitalism (see the bullshit in Indiana) - if that's the flavor of things to come, then that might be the worst part of the next 4 years. There are few things more damaging in the long term than openly "playing favorites," and then switching sides (which is something Trump has done in his business dealings since the 80s, running roughshod over anybody/company in his way).

-- His cavalier attitude toward China is pissing me off - a trade war with China will make for a terrible 5 to 10 years in the US as we either find another "labor rich" country to exploit or finally reverse our trade deficits by bringing supply chains back on shore. But a trade war pales in comparison to a China that decides to flex it's military and diplomatic muscles in Asia - we're simply not ready for a China that decides it's once again the "middle kingdom."

-- The "wall." I shouldn't have to say more on that one, but I will. If a wall does get built the only real impact will be on the massive influx of cash to Trumps construction companies.

-- His tax plan will punish single-parent households. Fuck that guy. It will also eliminate estate taxes. Fuck the new aristocracy.

Want to hate on Trump? Do it. But don't be so fucking pigheaded about it that you concentrate on the window dressing CNN feeds you. CNN is why Trump won the fucking primary in the first place.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Nope, they're political appointees. The career diplomats that form their staffs aren't being sent home, you drooling moron, just the political appointees. The people that actually do the work will still be there, and, as I said in the part you quoted, this is the point where embassies actually work the best absent their politically appointed masters.

Fucking A, man, stop doubling down on stupid.
    FUCK YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!!

You happen to be right.

Of course, any of those career diplomats could see their salary reduced to $1 at any time under our new regime.

Yeah no. I'm fucking aware we're talking about political appointees.The place I got my information for that post you just quoted:
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyOne
    Holy living Christ you're the douchebag incarnate.

The majority of ambassadors at most embassies are career foreign service operatives, not political appointees.
    was here:

http://www.afsa.org/list-ambassadorial-appointments

Of the appointments (including UN), 124 are career foreign service, 53 are political. Most Ambassadors are CAREER you fucking moron. The other point about this is the time for the embassy stuff able to get more done is your fucking opinion.
    Last edited by GreyOne; January 7th, 2017 at 09:20 PM.
    GreyOne - "At what point do enough innocent bodies stack up where you decide your Second Amendment isn't worth the paper required to wipe a medium-sized bowel movement?"

Ovinomancer - "As for your questions, more."

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkhidu View Post
    Just two? That sonuvabitch has given us more than two policies to hate on.

-- There's his "deal-making," which is just another flavor of crony capitalism (see the bullshit in Indiana) - if that's the flavor of things to come, then that might be the worst part of the next 4 years. There are few things more damaging in the long term than openly "playing favorites," and then switching sides (which is something Trump has done in his business dealings since the 80s, running roughshod over anybody/company in his way).

-- His cavalier attitude toward China is pissing me off - a trade war with China will make for a terrible 5 to 10 years in the US as we either find another "labor rich" country to exploit or finally reverse our trade deficits by bringing supply chains back on shore. But a trade war pales in comparison to a China that decides to flex it's military and diplomatic muscles in Asia - we're simply not ready for a China that decides it's once again the "middle kingdom."

-- The "wall." I shouldn't have to say more on that one, but I will. If a wall does get built the only real impact will be on the massive influx of cash to Trumps construction companies.

-- His tax plan will punish single-parent households. Fuck that guy. It will also eliminate estate taxes. Fuck the new aristocracy.

Want to hate on Trump? Do it. But don't be so fucking pigheaded about it that you concentrate on the window dressing CNN feeds you. CNN is why Trump won the fucking primary in the first place.
    Yeah, I've talked about Trump's foreign twitter policy lots. What have I heard? Crickets and "stop buying into the white noise!"

Trump's foreign policy ideas have the whole world on edge.

America is going to be China's bitch.
    GreyOne - "At what point do enough innocent bodies stack up where you decide your Second Amendment isn't worth the paper required to wipe a medium-sized bowel movement?"

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyOne View Post
    Yeah, I've talked about Trump's foreign twitter policy lots. What have I heard? Crickets and "stop buying into the white noise!"

Trump's foreign policy ideas have the whole world on edge.

America is going to be China's bitch.
    Wait, your point was that many diplomats are career? Well, duh. I thought we were talking about the ones Trump is demanding leave on the 20th, all of which are political. If you just want to say, "but there are also career diplomats that aren't being told to leave," then have fun, but that's a real non-sequitur.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Wait, your point was that many diplomats are career? Well, duh. I thought we were talking about the ones Trump is demanding leave on the 20th, all of which are political. If you just want to say, "but there are also career diplomats that aren't being told to leave," then have fun, but that's a real non-sequitur.
    Yeah, it helps if you read the posts rather than reading your ass leavings. Being less douchy also helps.

Ditching lots of Ambassadors (political) who may very well have important business/negotiations/discussions going on just because there's a new President is counter-productive. It's irrelevant of Obama and anyone else did it. Every position and its current activities and business should be evaluated, not just blanket sacked/forced out. You'll argue they're useless anyway, but that's your opinion.

You're also quoting the wrong post, but then you're probably busy multitasking levels of douchebaggery in multiple threads so I won't bug you about it.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxperson View Post
    There have been no nuclear wars, moron.
    To the moron who said, "Two bombs on Japan disagree with you, shitnozzle." in neg rep over this post. It takes two sides to make a war. The bombing of Japan was a nuclear attack, not a nuclear war.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyOne View Post
    Yeah, it helps if you read the posts rather than reading your ass leavings. Being less douchy also helps.
    Quite right, forgive me. I failed to consider that you'd just shit randomly in the thread and thought you were on topic. My bad for thinking too much of you.
    Ditching lots of Ambassadors (political) who may very well have important business/negotiations/discussions going on just because there's a new President is counter-productive. It's irrelevant of Obama and anyone else did it. Every position and its current activities and business should be evaluated, not just blanket sacked/forced out. You'll argue they're useless anyway, but that's your opinion.
    You're acting like this is a surprise. It's not. Extensions are for the convenience of the ambassadors, not because a new administration wants the political appointees of the old administration to conclude important negotiations. Seriously, that you suggest this is a thing is pretty bad.
    You're also quoting the wrong post, but then you're probably busy multitasking levels of douchebaggery in multiple threads so I won't bug you about it.
    Eh.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    https://audioboom.com/posts/5471405-...mpster-quote-1

I think Luthor would have been a more appropriate choice, but this is great too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

• Page 46 of 77 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast