Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Jesus, it's the nattering of a clueless chimp.

Ambassadorships are always political appointments and almost never are chosen for diplomatic experience. The real work is done by the story ambassadors, which are career diplomats and are still on station. We'renotdiplomatically uncovered anywhere by this. Hell, this is probably the moment in every new administration where the diplomatic corp functions best.

Obama didn't pick based on diplomatic experience either. At least try to understand what you're pretending is a big deal.
    Holy living Christ you're the douchebag incarnate.

The majority of ambassadors at most embassies are career foreign service operatives, not political appointees.
    GreyOne - "At what point do enough innocent bodies stack up where you decide your Second Amendment isn't worth the paper required to wipe a medium-sized bowel movement?"

Ovinomancer - "As for your questions, more."

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkhidu View Post
    Lest we forget, President Obama was prepping his appointees for the same kind of transition even if Clinton won. This is just how things are done - and there are plenty more things to complain about with Trump than this.

Most likely, about as many as other recent administrations (I'm not sure about the veracity of those #s, but those look in-line at first glance).

Yeah, because Obama is professional.
    GreyOne - "At what point do enough innocent bodies stack up where you decide your Second Amendment isn't worth the paper required to wipe a medium-sized bowel movement?"

Ovinomancer - "As for your questions, more."

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Hey if Trump does kick everyone without extension (and doesn't follow established norms and allow one here or there a simple extension), we can add it to the shit show that is a Trump presidency. It'll be a drop in the fucking bucket in comparison to the wholesale graft that the new "wall" will be, or the massive payoffs that will be given to multi-nationals in "deal" money.

Seriously - stop parroting the latest talking points and start complaining about shit that matters.
    Yup. But the outrage machine needs constant fuel if it is to maintain its fever pitch, so it's unlikely this kind of noise will stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyOne View Post

The majority of ambassadors at most embassies are career foreign service operatives, not political appointees.
    Stop being obtuse, you shitnozzle. He is only forcing the ones who are political appointees to resign and you fucking well know it.

Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Yeah, because Obama is professional.
    The only professional thing about Obama is his ability to lay blame anywhere but where it truly belongs - upon his utterly insignificant and incompetent self.

As Ross Kaminsky put it Obama is "...aloof, unfocused on details, not a leader, and most interested in avoiding responsibility... ...in part because he is fundamentally lazy...:
    Last edited by 3catcircus; January 7th, 2017 at 01:10 PM.

Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    There's enough good reasons to complain that you don't need to find non-issues to pretend are big deals. You guys need to drop this ridiculous maximum outrage over everything. It just buries real problems in the constant noise.
    Seriously - stop parroting the latest talking points and start complaining about shit that matters.
    OK you two, nut up or shut up.

Name me two things (one each) that "matters" when it comes to you opposing Trump. Where is your line in the sand. Because right now, I see a lot of "yeah, he's a bad person and I don't support him" without criticism of any of his policies. You certainly never begin the criticism, the best you offer is a weak "me too" or deafening silence.

So tell me what is the important things we should be focused on, because right now you two seem very complicit with his actions so far.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post

Name me two things (one each) that "matters" when it comes to you opposing Trump. Where is your line in the sand. Because right now, I see a lot of "yeah, he's a bad person and I don't support him" without criticism of any of his policies. You certainly never begin the criticism, the best you offer is a weak "me too" or deafening silence.
    For me it's...

1) If his cabinet which is perfectly set up to both drain the swamp OR to make things much worse, turns out to make things much worse, I will oppose him on this front for sure. And as I've said before, I think it will turn out badly.

2) A general Muslim registry. If he wants to track refugees and immigrants from terrorist countries(not immigrant Muslims from non-terrorist countries), fine. However, he has said he wants to start a registry for Muslims in general and I'm not going to be anywhere near okay with that.

3) I'm sure there will be general crap that I will be opposing all throughout his presidency, but until he does them I won't know what.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post

So tell me what is the important things we should be focused on, because right now you two seem very complicit with his actions so far.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    What policies? He's not even in office yet. I have no data to go off of. Trump is great at saying one thing and doing something entirely different. I'm going to wait until he actually does something before I lose my shit. And telling political appointees from the previous administration to get out on time (and they've been told this by the Obama administration AND the State Department already, so, not a surprise) just doesn't rise to the level of anything other than more evidence Trump's a bit of a dick. Shocker.

I am concerned about his treatment of the 1st Amendment. He has a track record of abuse in this regard, so that's something I legit pay attention to. And I haven't exactly been quiet about this issue either.

I'm also concerned about his foreign policy. But, to be fair, I don't actually know what that's going to be yet, and rather than hyperventilating with anticipation, I'm going to wait and criticize specific actions, just like I did with Obama.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User

Nope, they're political appointees. The career diplomats that form their staffs aren't being sent home, you drooling moron, just the political appointees. The people that actually do the work will still be there, and, as I said in the part you quoted, this is the point where embassies actually work the best absent their politically appointed masters.

Fucking A, man, stop doubling down on stupid.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Nope, they're political appointees. The career diplomats that form their staffs aren't being sent home, you drooling moron, just the political appointees. The people that actually do the work will still be there, and, as I said in the part you quoted, this is the point where embassies actually work the best absent their politically appointed masters.

Fucking A, man, stop doubling down on stupid.
    FUCK YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!!

You happen to be right.

Of course, any of those career diplomats could see their salary reduced to $1 at any time under our new regime.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    As Ross Kaminsky put it Obama is "...aloof, unfocused on details, not a leader, and most interested in avoiding responsibility... ...in part because he is fundamentally lazy...:
    Might as well say he's a nigger.
    I am not Gary Busey.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    FUCK YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!!

You happen to be right.

Of course, any of those career diplomats could see their salary reduced to $1 at any time under our new regime.
    Not at any time, that process is actually hard, but, yeah, that's bullshit. Congress can already impeach them, or cut that embassy's budget, they should not have the ability to set individual salaries (salary policies, sure, but not individual salaries).
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Not at any time, that process is actually hard, but, yeah, that's bullshit. Congress can already impeach them, or cut that embassy's budget, they should not have the ability to set individual salaries (salary policies, sure, but not individual salaries).
    Be serious. Do you honestly think that if Trump decides some career diplomat isn't right for the position he won't have his buds in the Congress go through the process in order to get rid of that person, for whatever perceived slight Trump thinks was given?

This is a very petty and vengeful man we are talking about and he holds the Congress in the palm of his hand.
    Last edited by Xyxox; January 7th, 2017 at 03:49 PM.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    Be serious. Do you honestly think that if Trump decides some career diplomat isn't right for the position he won't have his buds in the Congress go through the process in order to get rid of that person, for whatever perceived slight Trump thinks was given?

This is a very petty and vengeful man we are talking about and he holds the Congress in the palm of his hand.
    He doesn't have enough "buds" to pull it off for something petty. As was mentioned, it's not an easy process to accomplish.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxperson View Post
    He doesn't have enough "buds" to pull it off for something petty. As was mentioned, it's not an easy process to accomplish.
    He owns their asses and every last damned one of them knows it.

Meanwhile, Putin owns Trump's ass so it comes ddown to whatever the hell Putin wants.

• Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast