Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Honestly, that isn't the point. The point is, kirinke says really stupid stuff...
    FIFY...

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    Oh, now that's classy.
    Of course it isn't (yes, I get the sarcasm). Me pointing out that Obama worsening relations with Russia to make Trump's life domesticallyharder right off the bat (because, come on, if there were actual evidence Russia hacked the DNC to influence the ekection, throwing a few diplomats out us hardly even a slap on the wrist) doesn't, in any way, mean that Trump isn't also a blowhard asshole.

That I didn't comment on Trump's tweet vs Obama playing stupid domestic fuck fuck games on the international stage is because the scope of the asshattery is different. And, yes, I'm saying Obama, in thus case, has beaten out Trump in the "look at ne" bullshit asshattery.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    FIFY...
    That's not a fix shitstain.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    I think that Ovi's having a stroke. Can someone call him to see how he is?
    Any plan where you lose your hat is a bad plan.
    When policemen break the law, then there isn't any law — just a fight for survival.
    That man learns nothing from the lessons of history is the only lesson history has to teach.
    None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with YOU. You're locked up in here with ME.
    Shoot my neighbor’s cow.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    I think that Ovi's having a stroke. Can someone call him to see how he is?
    I'll have your mom call and update you.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Short version.

Everyone: Trump is a horrible person.
    Ovi: Yes, but Obama...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Remathilis; January 1st, 2017 at 11:30 PM.
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Whataboutism is a form of defensive propaganda used to counter criticism (usually from "the West", and usually on blatant human rights abuses) with a "What about...?"-question vaguely, if at all, related to the original issue. It is a specialized red herring version of the tu quoque fallacy, sometimes implementing the balance fallacy as well. An old favorite of Communists (especially tankies),[1] the strategy originates from the Soviet era, and was usually used in the form of "And at your place, they hang black people".[2]
    Simply put, whataboutism refers to the bringing up of one issue in order to distract from the discussion of another. It does not apply to the comparison and analysis of two similar issues in terms such as why some are given more social prominence than others.
    I am not Gary Busey.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    Short version.

Nope. Trump is a horrible person. Obama did a stupid, shitty thing. These aren't connected.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Of course it isn't (yes, I get the sarcasm). Me pointing out that Obama worsening relations with Russia to make Trump's life domesticallyharder right off the bat (because, come on, if there were actual evidence Russia hacked the DNC to influence the ekection, throwing a few diplomats out us hardly even a slap on the wrist) doesn't, in any way, mean that Trump isn't also a blowhard asshole.

That I didn't comment on Trump's tweet vs Obama playing stupid domestic fuck fuck games on the international stage is because the scope of the asshattery is different. And, yes, I'm saying Obama, in thus case, has beaten out Trump in the "look at ne" bullshit asshattery.
    You are a fucking idiot. You truly are a fucking, pathetic piece of dumbass, deranged shit.
    GreyOne - "At what point do enough innocent bodies stack up where you decide your Second Amendment isn't worth the paper required to wipe a medium-sized bowel movement?"

Ovinomancer - "As for your questions, more."

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    Short version.

It's the fucking norm for him now.
    GreyOne - "At what point do enough innocent bodies stack up where you decide your Second Amendment isn't worth the paper required to wipe a medium-sized bowel movement?"

Ovinomancer - "As for your questions, more."

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Obama did a stupid, shitty thing.
    Punishing Russia for hacking USian political parties and interfering in the elections is stupid? Would you say the same thing if a Democrat had been elected thanks in part to Russia's meddling? The question answers itself. Double standards strick again.
    I am not Gary Busey.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Idiot CM Liberals: OMG Republican did bads!11!

Ovi: Democrat also did bads.

ICML: OMG! Ovi loves teh Repubs!

Ovi: No, it's just you're ignoring the Bad Things the Dems do.

ICML: LOL, Ovi loves Repubs and is shit!

All The Sane Posters:
    "We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with winning. Believe me.” - Trump

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post

All The Sane Posters:
    Sane posters would understand the critic directed toward Ovi and Misty is their use of this fallacy.

"Whataboutism is a form of defensive propaganda used to counter criticism (usually from "the West", and usually on blatant human rights abuses) with a "What about...?"-question vaguely, if at all, related to the original issue. It is a specialized red herring version of the tu quoque fallacy, sometimes implementing the balance fallacy as well. An old favorite of Communists (especially tankies), the strategy originates from the Soviet era, and was usually used in the form of "And at your place, they hang black people".

Simply put, whataboutism refers to the bringing up of one issue in order to distract from the discussion of another. It does not apply to the comparison and analysis of two similar issues in terms such as why some are given more social prominence than others.
    "

Basically, they just close their eyes on whatever Trump does by changing the subject.

What is really fascinating is that if Clinton had done a tenth of what Trump said, did or is accused of, they would have soiled themselves and be rocking back and forth in a corner with drool on their chins whispering "corrupt, corrupt, corrupt..." ad nauseam. If at least they'd be more subtle about their hypocricy.
    I am not Gary Busey.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post

All The Sane Posters:
    Not quite even that. I didn't say "also". I'd have citizen Obama's pathetic exercise of a tantrum without Trump. Here's why:

1. The "evidence" released isn't. Like, it's evidence of the kind that says "we found a lock pick at the seen, and this kind of lockpicjs is made in Russia. Ergo, Russia did it." There's zero reporting on the fact that this exact malate is for sale to anyone. This isn't evidence of anything.

2. If there is more evidence (which there certainly can be), then the action taken is pathetic. Seriously, you have evidence that Russia interfered with US elections intentionally and the best you muster is to expel a few dozen minor diplomsts? "We're made at you, so you have to send replacements for some of these people!" Wow, what a strong statement,. I quiver.

3. Which means this is a domestic political ploy to box in Trump.

Essentially, Obama is Playa citing by offering an insult to Russia on order to make Trump's life harder in office. While I have no objections to the idea of making Trump's life harder, the method of generating another breathless foreign boogeyman for credulous idiots that have zero idea how hacking actually works AND doing so on the international stage is bullshit. The other world intelligence agencies know what kind of bullshit is being peddled here, and the other foreign leaders know that excelling some diplomats is the diplomatic version of stomping your feet. This makes us look stupid, weak, and venal while not punishing Russia for anything (imaginary or real). This only serves to try to sell a story to credulous idiots that creates a smokescreen that Obama hopes will distract Trump enough that some part of Obama's legacy survives.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    “I think we ought to get on with our lives, time for our country to move on to bigger and better things.”- Donald Trump Ovinomancer

America. Fueled by Cancer.

• Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast