Thread: The Coming Rule of Trump

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Cause no words ever started a war?
    Dumbass. War =/= nuclear war.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyOne View Post
    Nuclear proliferation is something to be taken very seriously. Trump's careless/purposeful? words enflame the issue. The symbolic Doomsday clock does not need to get any closer than it currently is.
    Does it inflame the issue? Yes. Is it a good move? Nope. Does it move us closer to doomsday? Not even a bit. Each side already has enough to destroy the world many times over. Making more and some words won't be causing a nuclear war or making the results of one any less survivable.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxperson View Post
    Dumbass. War =/= nuclear war.
    Not all wars are nuclear wars, but all nuclear wars are wars.
    I am not Gary Busey.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Fake news, nuclear war, Israel and Pakistan. A holiday tale.

"A false news article making the rounds on social media could potentially have had a devastating result: nuclear war. The report misquoted a former Israeli defense minister and managed to inflame one of the world's nuclear powers to the point that Pakistan's defense minister threatened to flex his country's nuclear missiles in response.

It all began with a fake report by a site called AWD News. The article misquoted former defense minister Moshe Ya'alon as saying Israel would destroy Pakistan should it send ground forces to Syria to battle ISIS.

Needless to say, the report was fake. But that didn't stop Pakistani Defense Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif from tweeting a not-so-veiled threat at Israel: "Israel forgets Pakistan is a Nuclear (sic) state too."

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.761146
    I am not Gary Busey.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablo View Post
    Not all wars are nuclear wars, but all nuclear wars are wars.
    There have been no nuclear wars, moron.

Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Something Trump aims to fix.

Does anyone remember this gem from the election cycle?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc....android-google

"Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level went to advise Donald Trump. And three times [Trump] asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked at one point if we had them why can't we use them," Scarborough said on his "Morning Joe" program.

Your going to have to pardon me, but the burden of proof that Trump won't consider using them is on him. So far, he's not been very encouraging.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post

"Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level went to advise Donald Trump. And three times [Trump] asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked at one point if we had them why can't we use them," Scarborough said on his "Morning Joe" program.

Your going to have to pardon me, but the burden of proof that Trump won't consider using them is on him. So far, he's not been very encouraging.

Trump explicitly said nuclear war was bad and should be avoided. Trump is a bad speaker and it was clear(if you keep an open mind and actually tried to understand Trump) that Trump meant that nuclear weapons can and should be used when appropriate, such as in response to a nuclear attack by another country.

Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    Spoony, you do understand how utterly ridiculous you sound when you talk about how we're going to get nuked?
    Misty, do you understand how utterly foolish you sound when you try to argue everything is fine when the president elect sounds more like Kim Jong Un than a dignified statesmen right? When the bus driver is hurtling along narrow city streets at 100 MPH wearing a blindfold that is not the time to be calm.

Hopefully he'll do us a favor and die somehow. Pence might be more effective in instituting a Regressive agenda, but at least he isn't a threat to get us killed.

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Lived through a big chunk of the Cold War; remember air-raid drills in Elementary School. Saw "Duck and Cover" -- my Middle School was a designated fallout shelter. I sometimes jokingly refer to "missing the Cold War". Real Talk? DO NOT WANT. And the number of times we came close to a Nuclear Exchange? Not Inconsiderable. The threat was definitely real; anyone who says otherwise is a fool, or never experienced the era.
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post

Yes, I recall Joe speaking extemperaneously about something he heard from an unnamed source that was never mentioned or verified ever again. Is that what you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Dayton
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    Lived through a big chunk of the Cold War; remember air-raid drills in Elementary School. Saw "Duck and Cover" -- my Middle School was a designated fallout shelter. I sometimes jokingly refer to "missing the Cold War". Real Talk? DO NOT WANT. And the number of times we came close to a Nuclear Exchange? Not Inconsiderable. The threat was definitely real; anyone who says otherwise is a fool, or never experienced the era.
    The fact that you said middle-school, means we are of an age. I grew up within spitting distance of a top-5-target military installation, which means that we didn't do drills because we all understood that we would be vaporized on impact, but I remember the rhetoric too.

But we had it easy in comparison to the boomers during the Cuba Missile Crisis. By the time we hit the right age to be concerned, the likelihood of nuclear conflict was waning. So I can forgive those that don't have the same frame of reference.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    Misty, do you understand how utterly foolish you sound when you try to argue everything is fine when the president elect sounds more like Kim Jong Un than a dignified statesmen right? When the bus driver is hurtling along narrow city streets at 100 MPH wearing a blindfold that is not the time to be calm.

Hopefully he'll do us a favor and die somehow. Pence might be more effective in instituting a Regressive agenda, but at least he isn't a threat to get us killed.
    Make you a bet. If we're hear in 4 years, you have to become an ardent Trump supporter. If not, I'll admit you were right.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Yet. They've existed for only 70 years and two were dropped on an enemy state. Nukes can be used without making the war a "nuclear war", my little derpiny.
    I am not Gary Busey.

Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Yes, I recall Joe speaking extemperaneously about something he heard from an unnamed source that was never mentioned or verified ever again. Is that what you mean?
    I was far more willing to dismiss it before he tweeted "let it be an arms race" is all I'm saying. It certainly fits with the narrative better now...
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    It is like Kasich confirming he was offered the most powerful vice-president position by one of Trump's son. It was a "rumor".
    I am not Gary Busey.

• Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast