Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 109

Thread: Random mediatic thoughts

  1. #31
    First Day On The Internet Calamari Face's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Province
    Band of Workermootly Kithish Commonwealths
    Oratio
    13,755

    Ignore User
    Shit, man, the Beatles told us that 51 years ago.



    I don't think CF and I agree on much at all, and probably not this. -- Ovinomancer, The Senate, 28 June 2011

    I find myself in full agreement with CF. -- Ovinomancer, The Senate, 1 July 2011


    Larry Sanders 2016!

 

  • #32
    The Wall Street Journal, owned by Rupert Murdoch also the owner of Fox News, is cleaning house over the question of how to cover Trump. Seems Trump needs more favorable coverage. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...m_source=atlfb
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #33
    Gateway Pundit in the White House. Cause fake news needs access. http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...14781?cmpid=sf
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #34
    Fox News booking actor to play the part of protest organiser. Nothing fake here. Move along. http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...DB&via=FB_Page
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #35
    Being a platform for the "alt-right" doesn't bring in the big bucks. https://www.axios.com/companies-nix-...278205212.html

    "Per Digiday and Buzzfeed, many of the largest global ad agencies, like GroupM and Omnicom, are being asked by companies they represent to blacklist Breitbart from ad plans.

    Companies and ad vendors have been weary about working with Breitbart since the election, but according to agency executives, efforts to pull ads have recently ramped up. "Since the election, we have seen a more general awareness," says Ben Coffey Clark, a founding partner at Bully Pulpit Interactive, which represents an array of corporate and advocacy clients. Clark says they have fielded more questions from clients, who want to make sure their ads aren't running on sites that are off brand.


    Why it matters: Breitbart likely makes the majority of their revenue on programmatic digital ads, which are the type of ads being pulled.


    The watchdog: Most companies don't even realize that their ads are running on Bretibart.com because they buy ads through an automatic process that distributes their content on hundreds of sites. Many companies started to become aware of their ads on Breitbart when a crowdsourced Twitter handle called Sleeping Giants started calling them out. A google doc from Sleeping Giants shows over 1,000 companies that have pulled Breitbart from ad buys."
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #36
    What unites Republicans is hate of media who do not spread in "alternative facts". https://qz.com/917250/cpac-the-only-...tm_source=qzfb
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #37
    Sean Hannity pointed a gun at a co-worker in October. Add some sexual harassment and it is just a regular day at Fox News. http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...illiams-report
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #38
    Fox News refuse to be blamed by Trump. Lol!

    "President Trump had a blunt response when reporters pressed him about whether he would retract his unfounded allegation that President Obama tapped his phones during the 2016 campaign: Blame it all on Fox News.During a press conference with visiting German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Trump said the White House wouldn’t apologize for the unfounded allegation and instead said any blame rested with the Fox News commentator, Andrew Napolitano, who first raised it.

    “We said nothing,” Trump said in response to a question from a German reporter. “All we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind who was the one responsible for saying that on television. I didn’t make an opinion on it.”
    “You shouldn’t be talking to me,” Trump added. “You should be talking to Fox.”

    Fox News, which has become markedly pro-Trump in its coverage, quickly broke with the president and said it had “no evidence of any kind” that he’d been wiretapped.

    “Fox News cannot confirm Judge Napolitano’s commentary. Fox News knows of no evidence of any kind that the now-president of the United States was surveilled at any time, any way,” one of its anchors, Shepard Smith, said. “Full stop."

    http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...-shepard-smith
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #39
    Fox News has standards!? http://www.latimes.com/business/holl...320-story.html

    "Fox News senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano is being kept off the air indefinitely amid the controversy over his unverified claims that British intelligence wiretapped Trump Tower at the behest of former President Obama."

    I thought Trump was supposed to create jobs. Not cause people to lose their jobs.
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • #40
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,396

    Ignore User
    This is a page with about 12 pots on it for my view....and a huge amount of "This message is hidden because Yablo is on your ignore list."

    Wish there was a way to remove even that message.
    I like hats.

  • #41
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    29,858

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    This is a page with about 12 pots on it for my view....and a huge amount of "This message is hidden because Yablo is on your ignore list."

    Wish there was a way to remove even that message.
    That's how it used to work, but it broke page numbering. I kinda prefer it this way.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #42
    Not a pony! GreyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio
    9,982

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by that guy
    The Wall Street Journal, owned by Rupert Murdoch also the owner of Fox News, is cleaning house over the question of how to cover Trump. Seems Trump needs more favorable coverage. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...m_source=atlfb
    Quote Originally Posted by that guy
    Gateway Pundit in the White House. Cause fake news needs access. http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...14781?cmpid=sf
    Quote Originally Posted by that guy
    Fox News booking actor to play the part of protest organiser. Nothing fake here. Move along. http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...DB&via=FB_Page
    Quote Originally Posted by that guy
    Being a platform for the "alt-right" doesn't bring in the big bucks. https://www.axios.com/companies-nix-...278205212.html

    "Per Digiday and Buzzfeed, many of the largest global ad agencies, like GroupM and Omnicom, are being asked by companies they represent to blacklist Breitbart from ad plans.

    Companies and ad vendors have been weary about working with Breitbart since the election, but according to agency executives, efforts to pull ads have recently ramped up. "Since the election, we have seen a more general awareness," says Ben Coffey Clark, a founding partner at Bully Pulpit Interactive, which represents an array of corporate and advocacy clients. Clark says they have fielded more questions from clients, who want to make sure their ads aren't running on sites that are off brand.


    Why it matters: Breitbart likely makes the majority of their revenue on programmatic digital ads, which are the type of ads being pulled.


    The watchdog: Most companies don't even realize that their ads are running on Bretibart.com because they buy ads through an automatic process that distributes their content on hundreds of sites. Many companies started to become aware of their ads on Breitbart when a crowdsourced Twitter handle called Sleeping Giants started calling them out. A google doc from Sleeping Giants shows over 1,000 companies that have pulled Breitbart from ad buys."
    Quote Originally Posted by that guy
    What unites Republicans is hate of media who do not spread in "alternative facts". https://qz.com/917250/cpac-the-only-...tm_source=qzfb
    Quote Originally Posted by that guy
    Sean Hannity pointed a gun at a co-worker in October. Add some sexual harassment and it is just a regular day at Fox News. http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...illiams-report
    Quote Originally Posted by that guy
    Fox News refuse to be blamed by Trump. Lol!

    "President Trump had a blunt response when reporters pressed him about whether he would retract his unfounded allegation that President Obama tapped his phones during the 2016 campaign: Blame it all on Fox News.During a press conference with visiting German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Trump said the White House wouldn’t apologize for the unfounded allegation and instead said any blame rested with the Fox News commentator, Andrew Napolitano, who first raised it.

    “We said nothing,” Trump said in response to a question from a German reporter. “All we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind who was the one responsible for saying that on television. I didn’t make an opinion on it.”
    “You shouldn’t be talking to me,” Trump added. “You should be talking to Fox.”

    Fox News, which has become markedly pro-Trump in its coverage, quickly broke with the president and said it had “no evidence of any kind” that he’d been wiretapped.

    “Fox News cannot confirm Judge Napolitano’s commentary. Fox News knows of no evidence of any kind that the now-president of the United States was surveilled at any time, any way,” one of its anchors, Shepard Smith, said. “Full stop."

    http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...-shepard-smith
    Quote Originally Posted by that guy
    Fox News has standards!? http://www.latimes.com/business/holl...320-story.html

    "Fox News senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano is being kept off the air indefinitely amid the controversy over his unverified claims that British intelligence wiretapped Trump Tower at the behest of former President Obama."

    I thought Trump was supposed to create jobs. Not cause people to lose their jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    This is a page with about 12 pots on it for my view....and a huge amount of "This message is hidden because Yablo is on your ignore list."

    Wish there was a way to remove even that message.
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    That's how it used to work, but it broke page numbering. I kinda prefer it this way.
    You're welcome.

    Ignoring is lame.
    Last edited by GreyOne; March 22nd, 2017 at 12:12 AM.
    GreyOne - "At what point do enough innocent bodies stack up where you decide your Second Amendment isn't worth the paper required to wipe a medium-sized bowel movement?"

    Ovinomancer - "As for your questions, more."

  • #43
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyOne View Post
    You're welcome.

    Ignoring is lame.
    He's still not going to see them. Ignoring prevents quotes from the user being seen as well. Now, if you just quoted the words and removed the name, that would work.

  • #44
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,396

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyOne View Post
    You're welcome.

    Ignoring is lame.
    Er, dude, that just shows "This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member."

    And as a general rule I agree with you that ignoring is lame. However in this specific instance he's a guy who intentionally posed as a child molester to the mental harm of one of our members who thought her ex-husband had somehow gotten access to the internet again. I won't support that guy in any way. I don't know why you, or anyone else, would. Allowing him to be a member here - that I get. But, I don't have to see his shit or respond to him, and neither do you. No need to enable him once you know what he did (and not in some obscure way - it's what he did right here, to our own members, in a direct and predictable manner, and in a way he could have immediately corrected so the harm wouldn't continue but he decided not to do that).

    So yeah, do tell me why in this instance I am the lame one?
    I like hats.

  • #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    to the mental harm of one of our members who thought her ex-husband had somehow gotten access to the internet again.
    Mark, Sean is the one who caused "mental harm" by telling her a falsehood. Sean needed to verfiry who posted that pic in the first place before yellling the sky is falling.

    Now I know you want to be important. Like how you want to same trouble posters and want to be a mod, and this is you being a superhero of sorts, but blame the right people.
    Last edited by Yablo; March 21st, 2017 at 08:59 PM.
    Signature too big and pornographic. Next offense will be a ban.

  • Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •