Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: From OTTerlandia to CM: a spiritual journey of growth, self-acceptance and enemas

From OTTerlandia to CM: a spiritual journey of growth, self-acceptance and enemas

So, because some people did not like Misty's derailment of a thread, here it is again.

I'll skip the WotC days. That is too long and not relevant. If anyone is curious, I'll go into.

There never was a planned invasion of EW. We already successfully migrated to EW. Invading it makes no sense. Besides, how do you invade a public forum? How would we have ignored the bans? The concept of invasion is ridiculous.

Anyway, we rapidly decided to make our own private forum because EW took itself too seriously and we couldn't discuss politics/religion there, which we like to to do. Moving to CM was out of the question because it was too cliquish and assholish.

Fast forward a few years and our forum isn't getting much traffic and it is costing us money. Most of the original 40-50 people who founded the place aren't coming to the forum anymore and we aren't attracting new people. So I wanted a new migration. This time to CM. CM was still cliquish and assholish, but it was also experiencing a drop in traffic. I was hoping the additions of fresh faces were gonna be appreciated by both groups and would calm frictions. Cause we can be cliquish too. And assholish. It was a match made in heaven! And this is how I made my pitch. CM is full of trolls, were trolls*, so lets migrate. No one wanted to migrate.

I went ahead anyway. Cause I'm cool and independent like that. Turns out this place is more assholish and cliquish than I expected. Fast forward a few weeks and our site is down because the owner didn't pay the bills. He is away at that moment, so he isn't aware of it and the situation lasts a few days. Max, the genius, thinks he was banned from the site and finally decided to move here and buy some goodwill with tales of invading CM. Seriously, how do you invade a forum? It is not like we have the numbers to drown out the regulars or own the site. Ignoring the bans that could be dished out is impossible. Maybe from his perspective and limited understanding of things he thought it was an invasion.

Thing is, even if we had (huge) differences, I always thought that OTTers, after all that we'd been throught, that we had each other's backs no matter what. Max thinking** we had banned him and that he was ratting us out was disappointing. I must admit it made me angry. It is only weeks later that I found his angry PM that he sent me.

Oh. And no one claims to have made that account with the same nic that you have. As far as we know, it was you.

*This label comes from the WotC days. Long story, but instead of fighting it we decided to embrace it. WotC's terrible moderation of their boards and mods siding with a stalker that targeting us really cemented us as a group. Before that we would have rejected that label. Ironic really.

**If you can call it that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxperson View Post
    Out of curiosity, are you denying the witch hunt you and the other OTTers went on over there?
    Yes. You're being a drama queen. Like you never were banned. The site was just down because Jet didn't pay the bills. Did you receive the message he was supposed to sent regarding that?

Will you deny accusing me of outing you as Yablo
    Someone else is to blame, champ. The funny part is that you tried blackmail with the info, even if I already knew who it was. From your reaction, I believe you didn't even know who actually did it.

and kicking me out of that "private" sub-forum as soon as I discovered the thread there where you all were discussing what to do with me?
    You never were supposed to have access to the private forum. We believe it was your "gold medalist in mental gymnastics" title that gave you access by accident. The private section was for the cool kids. The situation was corrected.

Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Glad to see the dirty laundry aired.

I'll get the popcorn and pitchforks.

Did we delete MaxPerson?
    Failed RPG Writer.

Did I miss something? I only see leopold's post.
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Stage Name: Jackie! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Nerfherder's Avatar
    Province
    Nordschleife, Nürburgring
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Did I miss something? I only see Leopold's post.
    Robin Williams: "In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say, 'Stop, or I'll say stop again.'"

PWD: "you're the seed, the relationship is the soil, and the love and attention and work you put into the relationship is the sun and the rain that feeds it. What grows from that is what you always were meant to become."

Can someone quote Nerfherder? I can't see that he was trying to be clever.
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by reveal View Post
    Can someone quote Nerfherder? I can't see that he was trying to be clever.
    You got it fam:

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    I do so hope reveal has me on ignore as I still owe him fifty pounds and would be quite put out were he to be reminded of this debt. Oh well, off to put a pot on!
    I wouldn't even smirk at you.

The ENNIE Award Winning... kiznit's Avatar
    Province
    Xanadu
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I was pondering whether CM could live again, like the old days. Perhaps, but probably not.

But truly the forum's decline was the best of all possible worlds - the cool people that were here started hanging out and gaming together, when they could, in real life (and got older and busy and all of that stuff); and that turned out to be way better than the same old arguments being had over and over again online, so that's what most people are doing? I think? I hope?

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kiznit View Post
    I was pondering whether CM could live again, like the old days. Perhaps, but probably not.

But truly the forum's decline was the best of all possible worlds - the cool people that were here started hanging out and gaming together, when they could, in real life (and got older and busy and all of that stuff); and that turned out to be way better than the same old arguments being had over and over again online, so that's what most people are doing? I think? I hope?
    It's more that they moved to other platforms, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Quote Originally Posted by leopold View Post
    Glad to see the dirty laundry aired.

I'll get the popcorn and pitchforks.
    Meh. Misty already pussied out.

Did we delete MaxPerson?
    Maybe he deleted it himself. It is like his third account on OTTerfolk. The guy is emotional.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kiznit View Post
    But truly the forum's decline was the best of all possible worlds - the cool people that were here started hanging out and gaming together...
    I see how it is.

Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    I see how it is.
    quit pouting and get your ass to CNCGD!

Province
    Humble (Houston), TX
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    If you have to ask . . .
    you suddenly see a light, behind it is a glow, too bright to see, it comes toward you and part of it breaks off, and hits the ground near you, All magic and magic items cease to function and you all take 50 million divine damage ignoring damage reduction and immunities. Also you area all disintegrated.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjin View Post
    quit pouting and get your ass to CNCGD!
    WHere is that one? And maybe, now that I've got a job I can get some money aside and get out there next yearish.

Stage Name: Jackie! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Nerfherder's Avatar
    Province
    Nordschleife, Nürburgring
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Most of us moved to the A-list forum years ago. That's where all the cool kids are hanging these days.
    Robin Williams: "In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say, 'Stop, or I'll say stop again.'"

PWD: "you're the seed, the relationship is the soil, and the love and attention and work you put into the relationship is the sun and the rain that feeds it. What grows from that is what you always were meant to become."

• Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast