Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: By battle with the USPS continues! (Fuck those rotten bastards!)

Think governments work the same the world over. Dealing with the government for my parents' pensions, and they have a turnaround time of 20 weeks for paperwork they receive.
    Hopefully you hear something good soon.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nick2 View Post
    Think governments work the same the world over. Dealing with the government for my parents' pensions, and they have a turnaround time of 20 weeks for paperwork they receive.
    Ugh.

Hopefully you hear something good soon.
    Thanks.
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

So any update? Things get processed and that? Found out today that 20 weeks apparently wasn't long enough for them to process my parents' documents, so should be done on Monday.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Shit, that sucks.

Everyone blames the government but at the same time, they create the situations where the government has to cut back and reduce things to the point of dysfunction. It's the same with the postal service here. Ten years ago, Auspost was awesome. Now it's complete shit because our population demanded it work better, for cheaper. Yeah, that's just not how shit works. What's worse is that we have a conservative government whose transparent agenda is to destroy government-run organisations so that they're nice and cheap for a privatisation buyout where they own most of the stock which, of course, sees a massive jump in stock price once it's bought. All the while, the services continue to get worse and worse while the people it fucks over chant, "Vive Le Privatisation, fuck le government!"

People voting against their own interests. Fuckwits.

Anyway, hope you've got it sorted out by now. I'm in a similar boat with welfare. I just got slugged with a $720 debt that was accrued over four years ago due to some weird bureaucratic nonsense requirements that are impossible to conform to even though I did everything possible to be in the right. It's like the system is designed to make you fail it. $720 when you're already living 20% below the poverty line... yeah, may as well not fucking live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Yeah, they keep jacking with the Postal Service here too, were trying to cut down delivery days, do a central set of mailboxes for each block of houses. They increased the price of a single stamp from $0.63 to $0.85. Not that many people still send letters, but still quite the jump.

Currently my mom is paying more for her nursing home rent than she gets in pension, which I'm waiting for a pension re-evaluation for the last five plus months to resolve. So here's hoping

Nothing like surprise bills to make your day better Hopefully they're able to resolve it or do something positive for you.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    Anyway, hope you've got it sorted out by now.
    Thanks. Still not sorted out, but I've done pretty much everything I can do on my end. Now I wait.

I'm in a similar boat with welfare. I just got slugged with a $720 debt that was accrued over four years ago due to some weird bureaucratic nonsense requirements that are impossible to conform to even though I did everything possible to be in the right. It's like the system is designed to make you fail it. $720 when you're already living 20% below the poverty line... yeah, may as well not fucking live.
    Sorry to hear it, man. I hope things look up for you, as well.
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User
    So any update?
    Not as such. Just told to hurry up and wait. Right now I'm more focused on my state benefits (food and medical), which have also come up for renewal (and which the state has, as last year, lost all of my paperwork).

Guess that's one way to get USPS more business, make people keep resubmitting things, and misplacing them when they're received so they have to resend them.
    Here the government won't accept correspondence via email/fax, everything has to be posted. Think 5 years or so ago they started accepting tax returns electronically.

Guess they figure people have nothing better to do than to jump through hoops. Wonder how closely they reviewed everything before bailing out the banks there?

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Dear Jesus.

Offering some good vibes, mang.

((((((o))))))
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

Finally got confirmation after about 30 weeks that my parents' pensions should be resolved, with their updated pensions being received in three weeks.
    Hopefully things are getting resolved with your situation?

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Finally got confirmation after about 30 weeks that my parents' pensions should be resolved, with their updated pensions being received in three weeks.
    Yay!

Hopefully things are getting resolved with your situation?
    My state benefits got extended, so there's that, but I have no idea about the federal stuff. The helpline agents can't tell me anything except that I need to hold on and wait. My state representative has been as worthless as tits on a boar. Everything is up in the air, nobody can tell me anything, and the stress is killing me.

I'm sure if you had a lot of money behind you, your representative would be eager to do whatever he could.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'm sure if you had a lot of money behind you, your representative would be eager to do whatever he could.
    What a strange thing to say -- if he had a lot of money behind him, he wouldn't need his representative.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by jdrakeh View Post
    My state benefits got extended, so there's that, but I have no idea about the federal stuff. The helpline agents can't tell me anything except that I need to hold on and wait. My state representative has been as worthless as tits on a boar. Everything is up in the air, nobody can tell me anything, and the stress is killing me.
    Jaysus Aitch.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    What a strange thing to say -- if he had a lot of money behind him, he wouldn't need his representative.

Yes, this. I also wouldn't be depending on assistance programs to live!

• Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast