Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: By battle with the USPS continues! (Fuck those rotten bastards!)

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by cyphersmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Someone needs to learn to read.
    Use something else. That is the point. Sigh.
    I am not Gary Busey.

Province
    Portland, OR
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablo View Post
    Use something else. That is the point. Sigh.
    He does, when he can. You still failed your read check.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Update. Package got there, but the USPS left it on the buyer's porch, in the Bronx, even though signature service was requested. Buyer was out of town. In Chicago. For a week. Luckily, I was able to reach the buyer by email and he called his neighbor to retrieve the package. But goddamn.
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Seriously. I never have your issues with USPS.

Now Fedex or UPS? Those fuckers have actually casually tossed packages at my front door, no knock, no bell ringing, just thrown the box at the door and immediately turned and walked away.
    Hop on in, this rabbit hole is deep.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by cyphersmith View Post
    He does, when he can. You still failed your read check.
    He should try harder.
    I am not Gary Busey.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Seriously. I never have your issues with USPS.

Now Fedex or UPS? Those fuckers have actually casually tossed packages at my front door, no knock, no bell ringing, just thrown the box at the door and immediately turned and walked away.
    We use UPS exclusively at work, except for overseas shipments, because we get a special rate with them. And we insure every single package that goes out the door, and do make insurance claims on a regular basis when they fuck up. In fact we even had an outside insurance company contact us to offer the service of not just insuring our packages but of also tracking each package independently and then collecting a late fee from UPS for every day they are late in delivering on any package.
    I like hats.

Province
    Anxiety Closet, Bloom County
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    I had a small issue with an online company and Fedex the other day. I order my dry dog food from Chewy now and was waiting for an email saying my scheduled auto delivery order was shipped. I was sick all day in bed last week and when I went to walk the dog around 5PM, I almost walked right into and/or fell over a giant box containing a 26+lb of dog food standing right in front of my door. The fedex guy never knocked and he must have been so stealthy, that even the dog didn't hear him. Later I went to check my email and there's the email saying my order shipped. So I'm glad I didn't break my neck tripping over the box and I'm glad no one stole my dog food. Seriously, it's so bad with delivery people not knocking, that I have a note on the inside of my front door that says "PLEASE KNOCK", that I can put outside easily when I'm expecting a package, but if I don't know it's coming, I'm screwed.
    I'm dealing with a lot of scary things. I think you have to react to them. And you either laugh at them or you go insane. Jim Butcher, Death Masks

"I love you and I love vanilla, but your family tastes like paper."

Personal Dream

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraGyps View Post
    .. I have a note on the inside of my front door that says "PLEASE KNOCK", that I can put outside easily when I'm expecting a package, but if I don't know it's coming, I'm screwed.
    It doesn't matter. If they knock, then you can complain that they didn't wait long enough to get to the door, and that will look bad on them.

However, if you never heard them knock, then the fault is yours for not hearing them... and of course they'll claim they knocked.

You want to solve it? Require a signature on whatever ships to you, if you can get that. It tends however to cost more.

Personally I try to intercept the shipment and have it rerouted to a Fedex or UPS Pick-Up location. When their fucking shitty websites work.
    Hop on in, this rabbit hole is deep.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    We use UPS exclusively at work, except for overseas shipments, because we get a special rate with them. And we insure every single package that goes out the door, and do make insurance claims on a regular basis when they fuck up. In fact we even had an outside insurance company contact us to offer the service of not just insuring our packages but of also tracking each package independently and then collecting a late fee from UPS for every day they are late in delivering on any package.
    I've had pretty good luck with UPS and FedEx both. The biggest/most expensive thing I have ever shipped was a box of like $2k worth of Space Marines stuff for 40k via UPS (ironically, I was selling it because I got laid off from the USPS) and it got from Colorado to the UK just fine.

[Edit: Oh, I should also note that I've never had an issue with getting FedEx or UPS to honor insured packages when lost or damaged. I have never successfully gotten the USPS to admit responsibility for a lost/damaged package and honor an insurance claim. When I am forced to ship USPS, I don't buy extra insurance as a result. I mean, you'd get more value for your money if you just burned it.]
    Last edited by jdrakeh; September 15th, 2017 at 08:21 PM.
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

• Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567