Thread: By battle with the USPS continues! (Fuck those rotten bastards!)

Hybrid View

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User

My battle with the USPS continues! (Fuck those rotten bastards!)

As some of you know, I'm disabled (as in I subsist on disability payments from the government). Earlier this month (the 10th), I received a Disability Update Report that I had to fill out and send back within 30 days. It took me a little while to get all of the info they needed, due to my doctor being temporarily unavailable. Sent it back on the 24th. All good. I thought.

Today I called to make sure they had received it. Not only has the fucking postal service (some of you are also aware of my ongoing issues with the USPS) not delivered it, but the SSA actually sent me the report form on May 24. That's right. The postal service managed to misplace it for two and a half fucking weeks. So, thanks to the USPS, I might face losing my disability and medical benefits. And that's not all!

As if completely fucking me twice in the space of a month wasn't enough, the USPS has also not delivered to me the replacement food stamp card I requested a week ago. I have confirmed that it was mailed out on the 23rd and that the absolute max mailing time is 7 days. Today was day 7. If it is not here by tomorrow, I have to call and report it as lost and request another replacement, but I won't be able to activate that until after the date my benefits post to my account. Which means I won't get them until next month.

So, TLDR version: The USPS may have completely fucked me out of medical benefits, food benefits, and living wages all in the space of a few hours (well, a month, but I literally found out about all of this in an hour). Fuck my life. I'm scared out of my fucking mind. I have no idea what to do.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    Last edited by jdrakeh; June 30th, 2016 at 11:44 PM.
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    all last week my USPS delivers to the house included mail for my cul de sac. 4 of the houses.

a few years back i didn't get mail for a week and found out the carrier had been arrested for dumping what he didn't deliver into the dumpster behind the local hardware store. no mail was recovered from his plea for leniency

i miss the first post man we had when i moved here. he was the first person to welcome us to our home. and when he retired the church down the road had a retirement party for him. 2000 people showed up.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'd say I feel your pain jd, but that is an awful lot of pain.

Our carriers routinely get the mail to the wrong houses and anything I have from foodstamps or the phone are always weeks late. It's the extent I compulsively check my foodstamps and phone every week or so on line to make sure nothing is waiting on me.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

They may be utterly and maliciously incompetent, but at least they are heavily armed and prone to explosions of workplace violence!
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    I believe the hammer locking back is PWD's trigger warning.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User
    After a rousing game of "We're sorry, but we can't generate a duplicate document to replace the one that was lost!" with a SSA agent this evening, I was told that my benefits may be suspended for as long as 90 days while things are "worked out" (and potentially cancelled if they can't undo the post office's errors). So, I set up a GoFundMe. Don't anybody feel compelled to donate, but if you share it, I'd be much obliged. Link: https://www.gofundme.com/2c83nkk
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

Province
    The Rose City, Pacific NW USA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I once lived in a neighborhood where we only got mail two or three days a week. Our postman regularly slept in his mail truck for most of the day. When I called to report this I was told that I wasn't allowed to report it and that they weren't allowed to note it. Several neighbors said they had been complaining for months.

In a couple weeks our entire neighborhood received a "random, anonymous" survey from the Post Office. We got a new carrier within the month.

Aside from that, good luck.
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo