Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: By battle with the USPS continues! (Fuck those rotten bastards!)

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by cyphersmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Someone needs to learn to read.
    Use something else. That is the point. Sigh.
    I am not Gary Busey.

Province
    Portland, OR
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablo View Post
    Use something else. That is the point. Sigh.
    He does, when he can. You still failed your read check.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Update. Package got there, but the USPS left it on the buyer's porch, in the Bronx, even though signature service was requested. Buyer was out of town. In Chicago. For a week. Luckily, I was able to reach the buyer by email and he called his neighbor to retrieve the package. But goddamn.
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Seriously. I never have your issues with USPS.

Now Fedex or UPS? Those fuckers have actually casually tossed packages at my front door, no knock, no bell ringing, just thrown the box at the door and immediately turned and walked away.
    Hop on in, this rabbit hole is deep.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by cyphersmith View Post
    He does, when he can. You still failed your read check.
    He should try harder.
    I am not Gary Busey.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Seriously. I never have your issues with USPS.

Now Fedex or UPS? Those fuckers have actually casually tossed packages at my front door, no knock, no bell ringing, just thrown the box at the door and immediately turned and walked away.
    We use UPS exclusively at work, except for overseas shipments, because we get a special rate with them. And we insure every single package that goes out the door, and do make insurance claims on a regular basis when they fuck up. In fact we even had an outside insurance company contact us to offer the service of not just insuring our packages but of also tracking each package independently and then collecting a late fee from UPS for every day they are late in delivering on any package.
    I like hats.

Province
    Anxiety Closet, Bloom County
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    I had a small issue with an online company and Fedex the other day. I order my dry dog food from Chewy now and was waiting for an email saying my scheduled auto delivery order was shipped. I was sick all day in bed last week and when I went to walk the dog around 5PM, I almost walked right into and/or fell over a giant box containing a 26+lb of dog food standing right in front of my door. The fedex guy never knocked and he must have been so stealthy, that even the dog didn't hear him. Later I went to check my email and there's the email saying my order shipped. So I'm glad I didn't break my neck tripping over the box and I'm glad no one stole my dog food. Seriously, it's so bad with delivery people not knocking, that I have a note on the inside of my front door that says "PLEASE KNOCK", that I can put outside easily when I'm expecting a package, but if I don't know it's coming, I'm screwed.
    I'm dealing with a lot of scary things. I think you have to react to them. And you either laugh at them or you go insane. Jim Butcher, Death Masks

"I love you and I love vanilla, but your family tastes like paper."

Personal Dream

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraGyps View Post
    .. I have a note on the inside of my front door that says "PLEASE KNOCK", that I can put outside easily when I'm expecting a package, but if I don't know it's coming, I'm screwed.
    It doesn't matter. If they knock, then you can complain that they didn't wait long enough to get to the door, and that will look bad on them.

However, if you never heard them knock, then the fault is yours for not hearing them... and of course they'll claim they knocked.

You want to solve it? Require a signature on whatever ships to you, if you can get that. It tends however to cost more.

Personally I try to intercept the shipment and have it rerouted to a Fedex or UPS Pick-Up location. When their fucking shitty websites work.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    We use UPS exclusively at work, except for overseas shipments, because we get a special rate with them. And we insure every single package that goes out the door, and do make insurance claims on a regular basis when they fuck up. In fact we even had an outside insurance company contact us to offer the service of not just insuring our packages but of also tracking each package independently and then collecting a late fee from UPS for every day they are late in delivering on any package.
    I've had pretty good luck with UPS and FedEx both. The biggest/most expensive thing I have ever shipped was a box of like $2k worth of Space Marines stuff for 40k via UPS (ironically, I was selling it because I got laid off from the USPS) and it got from Colorado to the UK just fine.

[Edit: Oh, I should also note that I've never had an issue with getting FedEx or UPS to honor insured packages when lost or damaged. I have never successfully gotten the USPS to admit responsibility for a lost/damaged package and honor an insurance claim. When I am forced to ship USPS, I don't buy extra insurance as a result. I mean, you'd get more value for your money if you just burned it.]
    Last edited by jdrakeh; September 15th, 2017 at 09:21 PM.
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Today my carrier declined to deliver mail due to street construction (despite the fact that the road was open and there is room for parking). He didn't even leave a slip indicating my mail was not being delivered. I only knew it wasn't delivered, because I was expecting a package that didn't show up. This construction will be ongoing for 10 days, so I guess I can look forward to my shitbag carrier not doing their job for 10 days.

When I called to find out how I can obtain my undelivered mail or what can be done about receiving my mail for the forthcoming 10 days, since the carrier is opting not to stop by my house, the employee I spoke to did their best to give evasive, non-committal, and vague answers, even to the point of refusing to call me back after supposedly calling the carrier (given his shitty tone with me, I fully expect him not to follow up on this call all).

When I went down to pick up my mail at the physical post office (which I had been told I could do tonight), it wasn't there. I asked if I could have it held for pick up tomorrow. They said that I could. I asked what I needed to sign to make this happen (as a former USPS employee, I'm aware that there is a form for this). They scribbled some bullshit note on a torn piece of paper and said they would TRY to get it to my carrier. I'm going to try and pick it up tomorrow. If it's not there, I'll probably swear a lot and file a complaint with their post master.

I thought that this post office was better than the USPS standard, but it turns out they're just as bad. That will show me to have faith in humanity. Fuck these clowns.

Province
    Atlanta, GA
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    The USPS is fucking awesome! It's amazing what they accomplish against all odds. Way better than at least 97% of all other countries' postal services. JD, fucking lighten up a bit! Tout est pour le mieux dans le meilleur des mondes possibles.
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato

Invisible Castle

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by loki44 View Post
    The USPS is fucking awesome! It's amazing what they accomplish against all odds. Way better than at least 97% of all other countries' postal services. JD, fucking lighten up a bit! Tout est pour le mieux dans le meilleur des mondes possibles.
    At least once a week I get my next-door neighbor's mail and they get mine. I dread the times when I get some other neighbor's mail and mine ends up somewhere unaccounted for (probably said neighbors trash can).

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    My favorite USPS story is about the time I bought an Everway box set from another Circvs poster (Bront, I think). He sent it with tracking and all was well, until it was marked as delivered to my mailbox. Because it wasn't. Like, at all. The USPS refused to do anything and basically told me tough shit. A year later (I am not making this up), I get a knock at my apartment door and am greeted by a complete stranger who says "Hey, we just moved into Not Your Apartment and found a key for a parcel locker in our mailbox. When we opened said parcel locker, we found this package addressed to you." It was the box from Bront that had disappeared a year earlier. Like, holy shit. The only reason I ever got that package was because my new neighbor wasn't a total shit bag and not because of any effort expended on the part of the USPS.

My second favorite USPS story is when they folded a Call of Cthulhu 5.5 edition hardcover in half to fit it in my letter-size mailbox. For those unfamiliar, this is an almost inch thick hardcover book, so this didn't happen accidentally. There had to be some deliberate mutilation going on to get that package in that little mail box. I mean, more effort than it would have taken to put it in one of the four parcel lockers located less than two feet away. When I lodged a complaint, I was told to feck off because I didn't buy insurance, so they weren't responsible for mishandling my book. Like, they actually said they couldn't be bothered to adhere to a bare minimum expected standard of service.

I have other, similar, stories, but those two really exemplify my experience with lazy, irresponsible, USPS employees who give no fucks about even the appearance of doing their job with some degree of competence or, when called on it, who can't be bothered to make things right by owning their fuck ups. So you can, perhaps, see why I have a burning hatred for the USPS.

[Edit: I guess I should point out that these experiences are all with USPS offices in Colorado Springs. I have never had any problems with the USPS anywhere elsewhere that even came close to resembling the repetitious bullshit fail chain that is the USPS of Colorado Springs.]
    Last edited by jdrakeh; November 2nd, 2017 at 11:19 AM.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by jdrakeh View Post
    [Edit: I guess I should point out that these experiences are all with USPS offices in Colorado Springs. I have never had any problems with the USPS anywhere elsewhere that even came close to resembling the repetitious bullshit fail chain that is the USPS of Colorado Springs.]
    Likewise. For 20 years had no issues in the apartment complex I lived in, but then mail was delivered to the door and packages held at the office.

Now I'm in a house and we have a mail box that serves 20 residents. I'm betting it's the "Don't matter which slot as long as it goes in a slot" mentality.

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    At least once a week I get my next-door neighbor's mail and they get mine. I dread the times when I get some other neighbor's mail and mine ends up somewhere unaccounted for (probably said neighbors trash can).
    That happens either when you pull your mail from the case (the organizer thing that keeps it all in order) wrong, or if you get one off on your deliveries, it throws everything else one off until you realize you've screwed up. As a carrier, you're actually trained to NOT look at the addresses of your bundles, but just go down the line bam-bam-bam. Looking at your bundles to make sure you're where you should be "takes too long". Everything is so time-based, it really sucks; especially when the volume goes out of control (usually around the start of November) with the holiday season, or if you've got a lot of packages or 'sharps' (little packages that can fit in a mailbox) to deliver, because you have to keep track of the order that they're in, too, since they're in another, separate tray.
    Spring spirit-dancer, nimble and thin
    I will leap like Coyote when I go
    Tireless entrancer, lend me your skin
    I will run like the gray wolf when I go

I will climb the rise at daybreak, I will kiss the sky at noon
    Raise my yearning voice at midnight to my mother in the moon
    I will make the lay of long defeat and draw the chorus slow
    I'll send this message down the wire
    Hope that someone wise is listening
    When I go

• Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567