Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tension View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    1. I made no mention of scumbags
    You responded to a post wherein the person was tsating that "I wouldn't call the majority of people in all industries to be scumbags". Thus leading to the perception you were in disagreement and 'here is my proof, these papers say lot's of top people in industry are sociopaths".
    Hop on in, this rabbit hole is deep.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    You responded to a post wherein the person was tsating that "I wouldn't call the majority of people in all industries to be scumbags". Thus leading to the perception you were in disagreement and 'here is my proof, these papers say lot's of top people in industry are sociopaths".
    1. I made no assertion of disagreement
    2. I offered no proof
    3. Your perception is erroneous in this case, and you have inferred more from my post than I clearly communicated. Read it again.
    4. Sociopath =/= psychopath

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tension View Post
    3. Your perception is erroneous in this case, and you have inferred more from my post than I clearly communicated. Read it again.
    Clarity of communication lies on your side of your posts. Post clearly.

4. Sociopath =/= psychopath
    No one aside form you has mentioned psychopaths, so what does this have to do with anything?

Also you brought up the sociopaths, so what do they have to do with the discussion?

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    No one aside form you has mentioned psychopaths
    This is incorrect. Palaralae first mentioned psychopaths in post #1884, above.

Also you brought up the sociopaths, so what do they have to do with the discussion?
    This is incorrect. You first brought up sociopaths in post #1888, above.

But you seem more interested in winning an argument, so I'll happily concede.

If you're interested, Google Scholar has some interesting articles on the need to win and psychopathic personality traits here

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    How a psychotherapist who has backed transgender rights for years was plunged into a Kafkaesque nightmare after asking if young people changing sex might later regret it

Yeah, there's no pro-Trans agenda behind trying to convince confused teens to fuck up their lives forever... nope none at all.

Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    How a psychotherapist who has backed transgender rights for years was plunged into a Kafkaesque nightmare after asking if young people changing sex might later regret it

Yeah, there's no pro-Trans agenda behind trying to convince confused teens to fuck up their lives forever... nope none at all.

I'm not persuaded there is an agenda per se, as much as a passive acceptance of the liberal-totalitarian values which are being foisted on academic establishments by radicalized elements in the student body; the UK is suffering from the same malaise as the US in that regard. These radical elements have become normative.

It's important that academics have the freedom to pursue questions such as this; I'm reminded of the equivalent modern taboo among geneticists - where conducting inter-ethnic genetic studies is a big no-no, because of fears regarding "race." Huge areas of research are effectively closed until ideas change in this area.

Children and teens who experience gender dysphoria should have extensive, non-suggestive and non-directive counselling available to them. But giving hormone therapy and recommending gender reassignment surgery to someone who is below the age of majority, and is not legally responsible, should be criminalized and recognized as the child abuse that it is. I live in Portland, Oregon; gender ambiguity and re-identification is very common here now - I've watched it grow over the last decade. And whilst I would never demean the experience of any individual, as a social phenomenon there is an undeniable "fashion" component which has all the hallmarks of a pouty, tedious, teen rebellion.

The original story - even though it's in the Daily Mail, which is a less-than-respected newspaper - is especially depressing, as my undergraduate degree was from BSU back in the 'Nineties.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Whoever @Tension is, I welcome his/her input here. Welcome.
    I like hats.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    Whoever @Tension is, I welcome his/her input here. Welcome.
    Sad that you're using an Alt to bolster yourself.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

• Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2777108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127