Thread: Social Justice Shenanigans

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Monday is Martin Luther King Junior Day. Considering what's been going on lately, what do you want to bet that Trump does or says something stupid and or offensive to commemorate it?

Next question, could we create a drinking game from it?
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    That would require listening to the Orange Buffoon's blather, which is enough to induce vomiting anyhow and would thus be a waste of perfectly good alcohol.
    News I bring;
    Bells the stag, winter snow
    Summer is past
    Wind high and cold
    Low the sun, short its course
    Seas run strong;
    The russet bracken its shape is lost
    Wild goose raises wanton cry
    Cold lays hold on wings of bird
    Time of ice
    This I heard.

-9th c. Irish

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    True. But if you have a drinking problem anyway, it'd be a good method to kick it!
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    Monday is Martin Luther King Junior Day. Considering what's been going on lately, what do you want to bet that Trump does or says something stupid and or offensive to commemorate it?

You could make a drinking game out of how often he plays golf perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    The question for that would also be how many clubs does he break and how many holes in one he legitimately makes.

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio

Ignore User
    He came to fame when he objected to laws in Canada to force people to use preferred pronouns.

Have you seen the train-wreck of interview on Channel 4 where the interview constantly misrepresents his position.

JP: I believe this as that's what the evidence supports.

Interviewer: So you are saying all women are witches.

JP: No that's not what I am saying at all.

I'm paraphrasing a bit.

Last edited by Bagpuss; January 19th, 2018 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    This article describes Peterson and his rise to in/famy fairly well:

What’s So Dangerous About Jordan Peterson?

And this is a good article discussing the differences (in the view on Political Correctness) between egalitarian liberals and SJWs/authoritarian liberals:

The Personality of Political Correctness
    I wouldn't even censor you.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Probably not the right thread for this, but I thought it worth re-posting somewhere. And yes, it's horrible. And funny. But horrible. But funny.

I like hats.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I loled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    He came to fame when he objected to laws in Canada to force people to use preferred pronouns.

Have you seen the train-wreck of interview on Channel 4 where the interview constantly misrepresents his position.

I'm paraphrasing a bit.

Funny enough I watched that interview today by coincidence before coming into work. The interviewer is so incredibly frustrating - I mean she is intelligent enough to know that she is misrepresenting his words which means it is so obviously purposefully done. Amazing patience by Dr Peterson.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post

I'm paraphrasing a bit.
    His accent makes me smile. It is a short run amusement as the interviewer couldn't be more...disingenuous....
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadras View Post
    The interviewer is so incredibly frustrating - I mean she is intelligent enough to know that she is misrepresenting his words which means it is so obviously purposefully done.
    I'd have to see more of this interviewer's work, but she strikes me as having taken on the burden of arguing the Intersectional Feminist side without being one herself. Which is why all she can do is sadly repeat their talking points without being able to make the convoluted nonsense leaps in argument they make.

In other words, yes, entirely disingenuous, but from the Devil's Advocate aspect not the 'hypocritical bitch' aspect.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    I'd have to see more of this interviewer's work, but she strikes me as having taken on the burden of arguing the Intersectional Feminist side without being one herself. Which is why all she can do is sadly repeat their talking points without being able to make the convoluted nonsense leaps in argument they make.

In other words, yes, entirely disingenuous, but from the Devil's Advocate aspect not the 'hypocritical bitch' aspect.
    Yeah I get the sense she is tough as nails herself, fairly disagreeable in the same sense this guy is advocating women should be, and so while she is arguing "Why shouldn't men adopt more female traits so we don't have to do this" she's simultaneously thinking "If I can do it then why the fuck aren't other women doing it also - emulate me."
    I like hats.

• Page 134 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3484115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140 LastLast