Thread: Social Justice Shenanigans

  1. #1876
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    29,691
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Oh, damn. Low blow!
    But true and funny!
    Hop on in, this rabbit hole is deep.

 

  • #1877
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    6,856
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    But true and funny!
    I'm insulted. There wasn't nearly enough emojis there to qualify. Also, it did get them off the loop now, didn't it? So, I win.
    Last edited by kirinke; October 11th, 2017 at 12:37 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #1878
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,025
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm insulted.
    I disbelieve.
    I like hats.

  • #1879
    self admitted prolifer kirinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio
    6,856
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I disbelieve.


    Your lack of faith is disturbing.
    Last edited by kirinke; October 11th, 2017 at 11:28 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

    I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

  • #1880
    I will be warm! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER guyjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio
    7,785
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    https://www.sott.net/article/363892-...new-miniseries

    "feminist pit-bull" lawyer who usually represents victims of sexual assault, represents sexual assaulter; he bought her off with movie rights.

    #gamergate was right all along.

  • #1881
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,628
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Fake news site, dude.

    [Edit: She quit, too, after the more serious allegations came out]
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #1882
    I will be warm! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER guyjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio
    7,785
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Fake news site, dude.

    [Edit: She quit, too, after the more serious allegations came out]
    I actually heard it on NPR first. I Google it to have something to link to, that was the first result.

    As for her quitting, maybe she does have some morals after all. Or maybe she's sorry she got caught.

  • #1883
    consequences 3catcircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio
    4,076
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I actually heard it on NPR first. I Google it to have something to link to, that was the first result.

    As for her quitting, maybe she does have some morals after all. Or maybe she's sorry she got caught.
    Is anyone did naive as to think that the majority of people in positions of power in that industry aren't a bunch of scumbags. Whether it's sexual assault, kid-touching, drugs, or who-knows-what, these are people who are broken inside. That others in the industry kept quiet, condoned it, or put up with it speaks volumes as to how fucked-up *they* themselves are...
    Last edited by 3catcircus; October 12th, 2017 at 10:14 PM.

  • #1884
    a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio
    2,955
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Is anyone did naive as to think that the majority of people in positions of power in that any industry aren't a bunch of scumbags. Whether it's sexual assault, kid-touching, drugs, or who-knows-what, these are people who are broken inside.
    FIFY.

    Power tends to corrupt. Likely similar reasons why there seems to be a predisposition to psychopathic tendencies in CEOs.
    Spring spirit-dancer, nimble and thin
    I will leap like Coyote when I go
    Tireless entrancer, lend me your skin
    I will run like the gray wolf when I go

    I will climb the rise at daybreak, I will kiss the sky at noon
    Raise my yearning voice at midnight to my mother in the moon
    I will make the lay of long defeat and draw the chorus slow
    I'll send this message down the wire
    Hope that someone wise is listening
    When I go

  • #1885
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,628
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I actually heard it on NPR first. I Google it to have something to link to, that was the first result.
    Huh; I listen to NPR pretty much steady (after dumping cable), and I must have missed the one about her being bribed to with a TV miniseries based on one of her books (ugh, that sounds dickish) (seriously, though, any website that unironically mentions "earth changes" anywhere is one step removed from "Is such a thing possible? I can come to no other conclusion, but 'Yes!'...").

    As for her quitting, maybe she does have some morals after all. Or maybe she's sorry she got caught.
    According to this, she could be on the up-and-up.
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #1886
    consequences 3catcircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio
    4,076
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    FIFY.

    Power tends to corrupt. Likely similar reasons why there seems to be a predisposition to psychopathic tendencies in CEOs.
    Not really. I wouldn't call the majority of people in all industries to be scumbags - the key being majority and also it being so accepted. In my own industry I have to have annual training on everything from sexual harassment/hostile work environment, to corruption, bribery, human trafficking etc. I can say that my experience has been that if allegations are raised, they get thoroughly investigated and problems are addressed. Even the *appearance* of impropriety is treated seriously. Not so in hollywood where it seems that everyone knew and no one stopped this guy until now. I mean, the cliche of the casting couch goes back decades.

  • #1887

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Oratio
    10
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Not really. I wouldn't call the majority of people in all industries to be scumbags - the key being majority and also it being so accepted.
    Google Scholar yields lots of interesting articles about psychopathic personality traits in CEOs here.

  • #1888
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    29,691
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tension View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Google Scholar yields lots of interesting articles about psychopathic personality traits in CEOs here.
    Sociopath =/= Scumbag
    Hop on in, this rabbit hole is deep.

  • #1889
    cowabunga! Remathilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio
    4,675
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Sociopath =/= Scumbag
    That's your special mix?
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

  • #1890

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Oratio
    10
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Sociopath =/= Scumbag
    1. I made no mention of scumbags
    2. I made no mention of sociopaths
    3. Sociopath =/= psychopath
    4. "Scumbag" does not have a clear list of associated personality traits

    I'm not sure what your point is.

  • Page 126 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2676107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •