Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Twin Rose / Hi Chris Johanson

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    When the EN World GameStore closed, he ran off with the contents of the publisher royalties PayPal account, leaving me to pay them out of my own money.

It was a lot more than the $1,400 on the wiki.

Every few years he pops back up saying he intends to pay me back. He never does. This time, knowing that I won't be getting a penny, I decided not to play along with his little power game.
    Is that not criminal?

Province
    Somewhere wet and muddy.
    Oratio

Ignore User

Twin Rose / Hi Chris Johanson

Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Is that not criminal?
    Probably. I was too nice.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Probably. I was too nice.
    Statute of Limitations is probably up, now. You could try small claims court, though. Typically you don't involve lawyers, although the out of country bit might be a challenge. Filing fees are under $200 in most jurisdictions. However, you'd have to bring the claim in the appropriate venue, where the court has authority over Twin Rose, so likely his current residence or the location in which the funds were located (so where ever paypal is headquartered). Chat up a few lawyers, I'm sure there's some around that would be willing to give some advice pro bono on this to see what your options and how suing from out of country works.

Province
    Somewhere wet and muddy.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Statute of Limitations is probably up, now. You could try small claims court, though. Typically you don't involve lawyers, although the out of country bit might be a challenge. Filing fees are under $200 in most jurisdictions. However, you'd have to bring the claim in the appropriate venue, where the court has authority over Twin Rose, so likely his current residence or the location in which the funds were located (so where ever paypal is headquartered). Chat up a few lawyers, I'm sure there's some around that would be willing to give some advice pro bono on this to see what your options and how suing from out of country works.
    It's more a "check this funny thing that's going on" thread than a request for legal advice. Don't worry about the latter - I've been involved with legal disputes with foreign nationals more than once. Part of the job. I know how it all works.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Maybe you could get him to agree to appear on People's Court? You could get a judgement for your money, expose him nationally for the slime he is, and get in a free national TV plug for ENWorld. I guess you'd still have to fly to Stamford, CT - but you could probably add reimbursement for travel costs to your suit.
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'd tivo that episode!

Province
    Somewhere wet and muddy.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by jdrakeh View Post
    Maybe you could get him to agree to appear on People's Court? You could get a judgement for your money, expose him nationally for the slime he is, and get in a free national TV plug for ENWorld. I guess you'd still have to fly to Stamford, CT - but you could probably add reimbursement for travel costs to your suit.
    Is that like Jeremy Kyle? And what is a CT?

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Is that like Jeremy Kyle? And what is a CT?
    The People's Court is a televised arbitration/court reality TV show. It was originally aired from 1981-1993, then was revived in 1997 and has been on the air since. It is insanely popular (in both of its incarnations) and is a staple of daytime TV in the US. CT is the US standard abbreviation for the state of Connecticut (where the show has been filmed since 2012).
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    And what is a CT?
    Maybe this will jog your memory...
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

Province
    Somewhere wet and muddy.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Maybe this will jog your memory...
    How old do you think I am?

Stage Name: Jackie! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Nerfherder's Avatar
    Province
    Nordschleife, Nürburgring
    Oratio

Ignore User
    How old do you think I am?
    Maybe he just realised that with all the wars and battles that England/Britain/UK has fought/won/lost over the last couple of thousand years against so many different opponents, it was likely that you had forgotten one of the less important defeats against the French.
    Robin Williams: "In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say, 'Stop, or I'll say stop again.'"

PWD: "you're the seed, the relationship is the soil, and the love and attention and work you put into the relationship is the sun and the rain that feeds it. What grows from that is what you always were meant to become."

Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    Maybe he just realised that with all the wars and battles that England/Britain/UK has fought/won/lost over the last couple of thousand years against so many different opponents, it was likely that you had forgotten one of the less important defeats against the French.
    "You must spread some Dignitas around before giving it to Nerfherder again."
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    "Where are we again, and who are we fighting?"
    "Someplace called Connecticut, and I think it's the Zulus."
    "Zulus? I don't think there are any Zulus in Connecticut..."
    "Well, if it's not Zulus, it's probably the French."
    "It's always the French, innit?"
    "I think we've fought the Germans a couple of times recently, too..."
    "I'm sure somehow we can blame that on the French, too..."
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio