Page 9 of 338 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272859109 ... LastLast

Thread: Random political thoughts that don't rate their own thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    I posted about it in the random thoughts thread - it seemed more like celebrity gossip than politics.
    I think that's not the American Way, respectively view.

Boehner seems to be enjoying the opportunity to speak truth, calling the pro-government shut down folks "false Prophets" and saying that they know their tactics won't work, but do it anyway. Nothing we don't already know, its just refreshing to hear someone on that side say it.
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

Looks like Kevin McCarthy is the front runner to replace Boehner. The big question is, is he dumb enough to lead the reactionary wing of the Republican party?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin McCarthy
    What you’re going to see is a conservative speaker, that takes a conservative Congress, that puts a strategy to fight and win. And let me give you one example. Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?

But we put together a Benghazi special committee. A select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she’s untrustable. But no one would have known that any of that had happened had we not fought to make that happen.
    Yes. Yes, he is. I mean, we knew the Benghazi committee was primarily about politics. But it takes a spectacularly dumb person to admit to that on live TV.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Looks like Kevin McCarthy is the front runner to replace Boehner. The big question is, is he dumb enough to lead the reactionary wing of the Republican party?

Yes. Yes, he is. I mean, we knew the Benghazi committee was primarily about politics. But it takes a spectacularly dumb person to admit to that on live TV.
    Yeah, that was a gaffe. Hard to unspin that, sadly, because the fact that it's a legit investigation into a preventable tragedy won't manage to survive that gaffe.

Does it? Or is it just illustrating that regardless of why you're digging up dirt on someone, the dirt is either there or it isn't? Look how hard they're trying on Ben Carson but then man seemingly just has no dirt.
    J. Harshaw: A desire not to butt into other people’s business is at least eighty percent of all human wisdom.
    Duke: You butt into other people’s business. All the time.
    J. Harshaw: Who said I was wise?
    Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Yeah, that was a gaffe. Hard to unspin that, sadly, because the fact that it's a legit investigation into a preventable tragedy won't manage to survive that gaffe.
    I think Benghazi is a situation where we can learn how better to handle a volatile situation much better, but the mistakes made and lessons learned fall more into the nuts-and-bolts of security rather than the sort of higher-up issues Clinton would be involved in. Yes, Hillary is responsible for what goes down on her watch, but I don't really see her needing to be the target of specific investigations here as she has been.

Quote Originally Posted by BeigeLantern View Post
    Does it? Or is it just illustrating that regardless of why you're digging up dirt on someone, the dirt is either there or it isn't? Look how hard they're trying on Ben Carson but then man seemingly just has no dirt.
    Yeah, there's no dirt to dig on Carson. All of his nuttiness is on full display 24/7.

Yeah, there's no dirt to dig on Carson. All of his nuttiness is on full display 24/7.
    Please list them, because all I can recently recall is the insanely outrageous statement that someone who believes in Sharia law shouldn't be president.

And even if that's nutty, nuts aren't dirt.
    J. Harshaw: A desire not to butt into other people’s business is at least eighty percent of all human wisdom.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I think Benghazi is a situation where we can learn how better to handle a volatile situation much better, but the mistakes made and lessons learned fall more into the nuts-and-bolts of security rather than the sort of higher-up issues Clinton would be involved in. Yes, Hillary is responsible for what goes down on her watch, but I don't really see her needing to be the target of specific investigations here as she has been.
    Normally, I'd agree, but when you refuse to release information on what happened so the learning can occur, it gets a touch wider. Had Clinton (and Obama) been open and forthcoming, it's likely they'd have caught some flack for their failures, but it would be over. To be fair, as well, nothing about Benghazi is what's hurting Clinton, it's the spin off result of discovering she did her State business on an unsecured personally owned server and the fact she's lied repeated about that fact. Clinton dug her own hole beforehand, and that it couldn't withstand any scrutiny isn't the direct fault of the Benghazi investigation which has asked mostly legit questions (email chains from before and during the event to find out where we fucked up is perfectly reasonable).

Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Normally, I'd agree, but when you refuse to release information on what happened so the learning can occur, it gets a touch wider. Had Clinton (and Obama) been open and forthcoming, it's likely they'd have caught some flack for their failures, but it would be over. To be fair, as well, nothing about Benghazi is what's hurting Clinton, it's the spin off result of discovering she did her State business on an unsecured personally owned server and the fact she's lied repeated about that fact. Clinton dug her own hole beforehand, and that it couldn't withstand any scrutiny isn't the direct fault of the Benghazi investigation which has asked mostly legit questions (email chains from before and during the event to find out where we fucked up is perfectly reasonable).
    According to total rumor, this is what Obama said to her himself when she charged into the Oval Office and told him he'd better "f$#ing fix this."

Hillary is a walking Streisand Effect.

Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Please list them, because all I can recently recall is the insanely outrageous statement that someone who believes in Sharia law shouldn't be president.

And even if that's nutty, nuts aren't dirt.
    http://www.forwardprogressives.com/5...-be-president/

To show you just how cuckoothis guy is, I thought I’d list five quotes from the newly minted GOP candidate to provewhy he’s too crazy to become president:

1.“You know Obamacare is really I think the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery. And it is in a way, it is slavery in a way, because it is making all of us subservient to the government, and it was never about health care. It was about control.” – 2013 at the Values Voter Summit

2. “Well, my thoughts are that marriage is between a man and a woman. It’s a well-established, fundamental pillar of society and no group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality. It doesn’t matter what they are. They don’t get to change the definition.” – 2013 on Fox News’Hannity

3.“There comes a time when people with values simply have to stand up. Think about Nazi Germany. Most of those people did not believe in what Hitler was doing. But did they speak up? Did they stand up for what they believe in? They did not, and you saw what happened.” -Carson comparing Democrats and those who voted for President Obama to Nazis.

4.“Because 9/11 is an isolated incident. Things that are isolated issues as opposed to things that fundamentally change the United Sates of America and shift power from the people to the government. That is a huge shift. You have to take a long-term look at something that fundamentally changes the power structure of America.” -Carson claiming that “Obamacare” is worse than 9/11

5.“A lot of people who go into prison straight, and when they come out they’re gay.” – CNN interview on March 4, 2015
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

Okay... I'll concede the nuts... but not the dirt. My point is the dirt.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Yup.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Watching the oregon shooting press conference. Police dude is just up there doing his job sharing info and reporters are ripping him "Why does this keep happening in america?", "blahblah 2nd amendment blahblah"

Jesus fucking christ like he has the answers for a nation's problems? Shake your fucking heads and stop trying to grandstand.
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I believe the hammer locking back is PWD's trigger warning.

Okay... I'll concede the nuts... but not the dirt. My point is the dirt.
    No dirt. Just nuts. Hydroponically grown nuts. Or this being Carson, perhaps immaculately conceived nuts.

EDIT for Ovi: I'll absolutely concede that Hillary is often her own worst enemy on things of this sort.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    No dirt. Just nuts. Hydroponically grown nuts. Or this being Carson, perhaps immaculately conceived nuts.
    I love me some immaculately conceived nuts, so long as their roasted. Speaking of roasted nuts, is Fickle done yet?

• Page 9 of 338 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272859109 ... LastLast