Page 4 of 328 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354104 ... LastLast

Thread: Random political thoughts that don't rate their own thread

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Josh Duggar was the executive director of the Family Research Council until his kid-diddling past came out, so it's not just clown car vagina fame, in his political life he associated with most of the 2016 GOP primary candidates. He was an actual political player in social conservative circles. Not so much in the past six months or so though.
    No, it's his last name. No one would give a shit about the ex-ed of a small think tank being on the Ashley Madison leak if his last name was Smith. His diddling of children, maybe that would have pinged, but your fooling yourself if you really think this is somehow news or relevant outside of other tribe shaming (and no one here gives a fuck out think this asshole represents the "tribe").

The guys already a fucking pedophile, why give a shit if he's on Ashley Madison? It's the same weird obsession that shows up with Zimmerman.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    No, it's his last name.
    Oh, ok. We'll just ignore that his family has been involved in politics since long before they had a TV show. That's cool too.

Province
    Michigan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    The guys already a fucking pedophile, why give a shit if he's on Ashley Madison? It's the same weird obsession that shows up with Zimmerman.
    The masses demand a sacrifice. He's the sacrifice du jour. Last week it was that guy who hunted that lion. It's unfortunate that Subway Jared's thing happened to coincide with this revelation, because Jared would otherwise be that sacrifice. Next week, who knows?
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. - Douglas Adams

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Oh, ok. We'll just ignore that his family has been involved in politics since long before they had a TV show. That's cool too.
    I've been involved in politics. That's a meaningless phrase with qualifications. If you mean "headed a minor think tank and got to talk to some Names", sure, fine, there are hundreds of those. He's famous and known for his TV appearances and his clown car arrival. His politics just make this a convenient cover for you to twirl about showing of your outrage at meaningless things.
    I think ovi's right.

I've been involved in politics. That's a meaningless phrase with qualifications. If you mean "headed a minor think tank and got to talk to some Names", sure, fine, there are hundreds of those. He's famous and known for his TV appearances and his clown car arrival. His politics just make this a convenient cover for you to twirl about showing of your outrage at meaningless things.
    Oh I'm not outraged, I just want his name associated with the FRC as much as possible.

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    who is this about? didn't clickbait and don't watch tv. so how is this politics?

is this just about the Ashley whatever the fuck dot com site for cheaters? if so, please post actual politicos who were members
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Oh I'm not outraged, I just want his name associated with the FRC as much as possible.
    So, I'm right, this is just tribal posturing.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post
    who is this about? didn't clickbait and don't watch tv. so how is this politics?

is this just about the Ashley whatever the fuck dot com site for cheaters? if so, please post actual politicos who were members
    We have people involved in politics, isn't that enough?!
    I think ovi's right.

Well, you're failing here because I don't even know who FRC is. I wonder if you're as outraged ( not really?) over Planned Parenthood? If not, what's the difference?
    Planned Parenthood doesn't lobby to have me and my family imprisoned.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Planned Parenthood doesn't lobby to have me and my family imprisoned.
    Had to Google that. I didn't know you were Ugandan.
    I think ovi's right.

Had to Google that. I didn't know you were Ugandan.
    Google harder

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Google harder
    I don't do video watching for information that isn't visual. Have an article?

EDIT: crap, tribal isn't a microaggression for you, is it?
    I think ovi's right.

I don't do video watching for information that isn't visual. Have an article?
    After I went to all the trouble to queue up the relevant statement? Here's a transcript. And just to be clear, here's the statement made by Peter Sprigg, Senior Researcher for Policy Studies at FRC:

MATTHEWS: Do you think we should outlaw gay behavior?
    SPRIGG: Well, I certainly...
    (CROSSTALK)
    MATTHEWS: I‘m just asking you, should we outlaw gay behavior?
    SPRIGG: I think that the Supreme Court decision in Lawrence v. Texas, which overturned the sodomy laws in this country, was wrongly decided. I think there would be a place for criminal sanctions against homosexual behavior.
    MATTHEWS: So, we should outlaw gay behavior?

SPRIGG: Yes.
    MATTHEWS: OK. Thank you very much, Peter Sprigg. We know your position. It‘s a clear one.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    After I went to all the trouble to queue up the relevant statement? Here's a transcript. And just to be clear, here's the statement made by Peter Sprigg, Senior Researcher for Policy Studies at FRC:
    Yup, gotta think about my data plan, donchano.

I'm still unclear, are you Ugandan?
    I think ovi's right.

Yup, gotta think about my data plan, donchano.

I'm still unclear, are you Ugandan?
    I'm really trying to figure out why you're defending a politically toxic group that the GOP should be jettisoning instead of courting. The FRC absolutely lobbies the US government to enact anti-gay legislation including the criminalization of homosexuality. Lawrence v. Texas made this a largely futile effort, but they filed amicus briefs in that case supporting sodomy laws that specifically target gays. Their success at achieving their agenda overseas is not immediately relevant.

• Page 4 of 328 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354104 ... LastLast