Thread: Random political thoughts that don't rate their own thread

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    Rethugs didn't wait till the bodies were home to blame Obama and Clinton for Benghazi (a witchhunt, they recently admitted).
    Tu quoque is a lousy argument. Gun control is a witchhunt as well. (spot the irony)

This is America. You will be shot.
    Actually, your chances are pretty low compared to the '90s when we had tougher gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyOne View Post
    Clearly. That's fucking ghoulish. And stupid. And unforgivable.
    So, I'm not the President. Nor am I particularly bothered by someone who will froth over anything but complete agreement that guns should be outlawed. I put exactly as much effort into my response as I wanted to achieve the desired result. I am not disappointed.

Is there anything more ghoulish than using a document created in 1791 to justify the ownership of weapons (with very minor limits) that on average is allowing for up to 36 deaths per day, every day across the United States?
    Cars kill more people per day. Cue the per capita argument. Go for per capita argument.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Tu quoque is a lousy argument. Gun control is a witchhunt as well. (spot the irony)

Actually, your chances are pretty low compared to the '90s when we had tougher gun laws.

So, I'm not the President. Nor am I particularly bothered by someone who will froth over anything but complete agreement that guns should be outlawed. I put exactly as much effort into my response as I wanted to achieve the desired result. I am not disappointed.

Cars kill more people per day. Cue the per capita argument. Go for per capita argument.

Ah yes the cars kill more people argument. Kudos!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamo...-three-charts/

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...achine/384440/

But then, it's all besides the point because you're comparing assholes and elbows, which I'm to guess is something you tend to do?
    Last edited by GreyOne; October 4th, 2015 at 02:27 AM.

Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio

Ignore User
    [url] http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/03/us/oregon-sheriff-shared-sandy-hook-conspiracy-theory-on-facebook.html[/urll]

Oh, dear.

Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Ah yes the cars kill more people argument. Kudos!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamo...-three-charts/

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...achine/384440/

But then, it's all besides the point because you're comparing assholes and elbows, which I'm to guess is something you tend to do?
    I'm just glad I'm over 25...
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    I'm just glad I'm over 25...
    You shouldn't be because apparently someone in a car may want to murder you.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Article on ways to ameliorate this:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...cres-in-the-us

Sorry, no car suggestions.

Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    You shouldn't be because apparently someone in a car may want to murder you.
    dude..the way I drive? I'm sure there are lots of people in cars that want to kill me...
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

Province
    Dayton
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Hopefully you manage to keep your head down.
    I live in one of the more dangerous (statistically) cities in North America. Gun crime is high, and mostly driven by people using undocumented firearms.

My opinions on gun control are colored accordingly.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    ... (the bodies weren't even cool)...
    I just went to check so I cold chastise you on this... but nope. Punk didn't even wait 8 hours before making the political hay.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    I just went to check so I cold chastise you on this... but nope. Punk didn't even wait 8 hours before making the political hay.
    You're stupid.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    You're stupid.
    Coming from a moron who thinks the Founders didn't understand how dangerous firearms could be? Yeah...
    I wouldn't even censor you.

Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkhidu View Post
    I live in one of the more dangerous (statistically) cities in North America. Gun crime is high, and mostly driven by people using undocumented firearms.

I live near Detroit. "More guns" has not alleviated the problem of crime. In fact, its exacerbated other crimes from the realm of dangerous to lethal (from domestic disputes and road-rage) thanks to easy access.

Seriously, if I watched the local news and took a shot for every time the phrase "returned with a gun" was uttered, I'd be drunk before the weather...
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Coming from a moron who thinks the Founders didn't understand how dangerous firearms could be? Yeah...
    Again, you're stupid.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkhidu View Post

Well when it comes to mass killings in the US, not in these cases: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...guns.html?_r=0
    Last edited by GreyOne; October 4th, 2015 at 06:38 PM.

Province
    Dayton
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    I live near Detroit. "More guns" has not alleviated the problem of crime. In fact, its exacerbated other crimes from the realm of dangerous to lethal (from domestic disputes and road-rage) thanks to easy access.

Seriously, if I watched the local news and took a shot for every time the phrase "returned with a gun" was uttered, I'd be drunk before the weather...
    You've jumped to an incorrect conclusion about my position. I didn't mention "more guns" because I don't think "more guns" stops crime. But gun control laws don't actually affect the kinds of people that commit the bulk of gun crimes near me. They get their guns illegally already.

Well when it comes to mass killings in the US, not in these cases: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...guns.html?_r=0
    That's a non-sequiter to my statement, and doesn't actually refute it. Very frankly, I'm more worried about getting shot by a heroin dealer/addict than I am a mass shooter.

• Page 11 of 328 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293061111 ... LastLast