Thread: Random political thoughts that don't rate their own thread

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    I love me some immaculately conceived nuts, so long as their roasted. Speaking of roasted nuts, is Fickle done yet?
    I don't think he's even on fire yet. Who was in charge of the matches?
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    EDIT for Ovi: I'll absolutely concede that Hillary is often her own worst enemy on things of this sort.
    she is trying to pull a queen of engerland.

but that shit don't work for the queen either.

her shit stinks.

<insert stanky leg video here>
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Farside View Post
    I am amazed at people in the media, politics and real life (my Facebook feed) who believe that Obama is wrong to discuss gun control in the wake of the events in Oregon (because SECOND AMENDMENT!!!!!), but reporters are wrong to name the shooter. (Because the Founding Fathers obviously didn't mean reporters when they said "the press".)
    I've tried, but I not sure I'm parsing this correctly. You're amazed at people for being mad at Obama for discussing gun control, and they're all saying he's wrong to do so because of the second amendment. Secondly, you're also amazed because people are mad a reporters for releasing the name of the shooter because they think that reporters shouldn't have first amendment rights?

Did I catch that? If so, I'm miffed at the Prez for being ghoulish (the bodies weren't even cool) but he's every right to talk about gun control. The later group, if portrayed correctly, are people you should not speak to.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I've tried, but I not sure I'm parsing this correctly. You're amazed at people for being mad at Obama for discussing gun control, and they're all saying he's wrong to do so because of the second amendment. Secondly, you're also amazed because people are mad a reporters for releasing the name of the shooter because they think that reporters shouldn't have first amendment rights?

Did I catch that? If so, I'm miffed at the Prez for being ghoulish (the bodies weren't even cool) but he's every right to talk about gun control. The later group, if portrayed correctly, are people you should not speak to.
    Ghoulish? At what point do enough innocent bodies stack up where you decide your Second Amendment isn't worth the paper required to wipe a medium-sized bowel movement?

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyOne View Post
    Ghoulish? At what point do enough innocent bodies stack up where you decide your Second Amendment isn't worth the paper required to wipe a medium-sized bowel movement?
    My parenthetical pretty much covered the specifics of my feelings. I put those in there for clarification and so you, the reader, might understand my thoughts a little better.

As for your questions, more.

Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Rethugs didn't wait till the bodies were home to blame Obama and Clinton for Benghazi (a witchhunt, they recently admitted).

I can see Obama getting frustrated he's consoled the families of 13 mass shootings, he's probably a little tired of the "thoughts and prayers" part, especially since it's all Bullshit anyway. We don't give a fuck about the dead or the asshole responsible. We reflexively gasp at the news the same way we do when someone sneezes and move on. Our thoughts are "what group can we pin this on?" and our prayers are "Hope it doesn't happen to me."

America isn't going to do shit about gun control OR mental health; nor is it going to look at the bubbling waste that these killers spawn from: the collapse of middle-class society that is feeding into the fears and hatred and isolation and hopelessness that these killers use to justify their actions.

Society is broke. Gun laws are broke. Mental health care is broke. And they will remain broke because there is money to be made from their brokenness.

This is America. You will be shot.
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

Um, I can be mad at the press for basically showing a mass shooting scoreboard without thinking that the government should prevent them from doing so. Just because I think something should be legal doesn't mean I think you should do it.

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    I can see Obama getting frustrated he's consoled the families of 13 mass shootings, he's probably a little tired of the "thoughts and prayers" part,
    Thoughts and Prayers is the name of Anthony Jeselnik's new comedy special coming out on the 16th.

Province
    Where the trees are the right height!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Stuff Happens"
    - Bush 2016 campaign slogan
    America. Fueled by Cancer.

Province
    Dayton
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Farside View Post
    I am amazed at people in the media, politics and real life (my Facebook feed) who believe that Obama is wrong to discuss gun control in the wake of the events in Oregon (because SECOND AMENDMENT!!!!!), but reporters are wrong to name the shooter. (Because the Founding Fathers obviously didn't mean reporters when they said "the press".)
    If the founding fathers couldn't have conceived of semi automatic weapons, I'm pretty sure they couldn't have conceived of the 24/7 news cycle.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    My parenthetical pretty much covered the specifics of my feelings. I put those in there for clarification and so you, the reader, might understand my thoughts a little better.

As for your questions, more.
    Clearly. That's fucking ghoulish. And stupid. And unforgivable.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remathilis View Post
    And they will remain broke because there is money to be made from their brokenness.
    That's what it comes down to. That and ghoulish Second Amendments fucktards and apologists.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Is there anything more ghoulish than using a document created in 1791 to justify the ownership of weapons (with very minor limits) that on average is allowing for up to 36 deaths per day, every day across the United States?

Province
    Dayton
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyOne View Post
    Is there anything more ghoulish than using a document created in 1791 to justify the ownership of weapons (with very minor limits) that on average is allowing for up to 36 deaths per day, every day across the United States?
    Actually being a ghoul, probably. Or maybe being Ra's al Ghul newly out of the Lazarus Pit. That's pretty ghoulish.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkhidu View Post
    Actually being a ghoul, probably. Or maybe being Ra's al Ghul newly out of the Lazarus Pit. That's pretty ghoulish.
    Hopefully you manage to keep your head down.

• Page 10 of 355 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282960110 ... LastLast