Thread: Random political thoughts that don't rate their own thread

Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    There are individuals who describe themselves as "genderfluid", which means, they consider their gender to not be fixed at any specific point of the gender spectrum, not that everyone's gender is fluid.
    Uhm, that's close, but not quite there. Restating what I posted earlier: The genderfluid argument is that gender is a spectrum, not a binary. An individual's gender is indeed fixed on the spectrum - further it is not a choice and not subject to change. What is a choice and subject to change is which of the two traditional genders - if either - the individual wishes to identify with.

My younger brother is transgendered (and quite open about it so no, I'm not outing him) so I've been exposed to a lot of literature and arguments about this subject. I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I'm willing to wager it hits closer to home for me than for most of you.

The people I've met who use genderfluid to describe themselves just feel that neither male nor female describes them at all, yet find themselves at a loss for any better term.

I'm not sure if exploding the number of gender descriptors is the correct course of action. Some of the descriptors are just personality types, and some "genders" are really societal attitudes about those personality types. As to whether there's a genetic component - well I am mildly effeminate in some behaviors, but unlike by brother I'm not uncomfortable in my own skin. If someone put the girdle of masculinity/femininity on me though I honestly don't think it would bother me in the slightest - I'd just go on doing what I've always done. I do wonder if I'm not alone in this - but no one has ever done a study of the siblings of transgendered persons.

One thing it has done is light one of the brighter coal fires on my hatred of all things Republican. The bathroom bills disgust me and fruther I know they put transgenders in an untenable situation. My brother has a beard - he'd get mobbed if he went into a women's restroom. So where the fuck is he supposed to go? The reverse is also often true. It just, disgusts me on a level hard to describe.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    An individual's gender is indeed fixed on the spectrum - further it is not a choice and not subject to change.
    Ahhh, how cute, someone has missed the entire 'gender fluid' nonsense explosion in the last two years.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Ahhh, how cute, someone has missed the entire 'gender fluid' nonsense explosion in the last two years.
    Learn to count. The term has been around at least ten.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Learn to comprehend: "...nonsense explosion in the last two years".

IE, in the last two years (actually a bit more, call it four when it began, but the stupid really piled up about two years ago) the whole "My gender is whatever I want whenever I want" bs infested the gender fluid movement.

Note, this, Gender Fluid Master List, is not a joke Tumblr... despite how hilariously cringey it might be.
    Last edited by nail bunny; April 22nd, 2018 at 08:15 PM.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I made it to caelgender.

Are you sure this isn't just a Poe's law violation?
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Are you sure this isn't just a Poe's law violation?
    The creator of the site might just be having a lark, but the sources those 'genders' are drawn from are highly serious about themselves.

As hyper serious as tweens and SJWs can ever be.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Uh, Spoony, you have in fact fallen behind the nomenclature.
    I like hats.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Why do you morons CARE what gender someone decides they are? I mean, seriously, why is this important to you? Are you that confused with your pee-pee that you have to make an issue out of other people's pee-pees? Fuck sake, get over it.

Sexuality and gender should be a total non-issue and yet everyone blows it up into something so vital that it pushes out actually important things like how we're making the Earth hostile to human life. None if it would be an issue if people like nail bunny would just shut the fuck up about it. Just because he has a micropenis, doesn't mean he gets to lash out at everyone else for wanting to chop off theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    Why do you morons CARE what gender someone decides they are? I mean, seriously, why is this important to you? Are you that confused with your pee-pee that you have to make an issue out of other people's pee-pees? Fuck sake, get over it.

Sexuality and gender should be a total non-issue and yet everyone blows it up into something so vital that it pushes out actually important things like how we're making the Earth hostile to human life. None if it would be an issue if people like nail bunny would just shut the fuck up about it. Just because he has a micropenis, doesn't mean he gets to lash out at everyone else for wanting to chop off theirs.
    You want to fuck who you want to fuck, and they agree, I don't care. You want me to help you pretend you're really gendered as something from outer space (caelgender)? Nope.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I like hats.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Hey Misty! Please, please, please sign the petition! That totally needs to voted on!
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio

Ignore User
    https://www.chronicle.com/article/Do...ntentgrid_hp_6

The crazies are a tiny minority, but they wield a lot of power.

Quote Originally Posted by guyjin View Post
    https://www.chronicle.com/article/Do...ntentgrid_hp_6

The crazies are a tiny minority, but they wield a lot of power.
    Premium content that requires subscription.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Hey Misty! Please, please, please sign the petition! That totally needs to voted on!
    Petition what now?
    I like hats.

• Page 292 of 292 FirstFirst ... 192242273274275276277278279280281282283284285286287288289290291292