Thread: Random political thoughts that don't rate their own thread

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    About the only political race I'm invested in is the one for Idaho governor. At quarter after 9, I'm happy to see that Paulette Jordan is at 42.3% of the vote, and the Republican d00d is at 55.8%. Even if she doesn't win the race, I'm honestly superlatively happy to see that people have gotten out and given her such a fighting chance and such a strong showing.

The good news is that there are still quite a few counties that haven't reported any precinct totals yet, and the county I live in has some pretty strong support for her. But also some of the larger southern Idaho counties aren't reporting any totals yet either, so....we wait. :/
    Deep into the past
    Follow the aeon path
    Greet a blade of grass
    Every endless form most beautiful
    Alive, aware, in awe
    Before the grandeur of it all
    Our floating pale blue ark
    Of endless forms most beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post

Because nobody survives to tell of it?
    Well, few, I guess. I'm still here.

Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    Alabammy mayo-based white bbq sauce
    SILENCE! We never speak of that.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

BBQ gangbang......

As far as gangbangs go it's fine by me.

Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Sigh. Oh well. I figured it would go about 60/40.

At least we passed Medicaid expansion.

Though in neighboring news, Spokane re-elected that religious zealot fuckweasel.
    Deep into the past
    Follow the aeon path
    Greet a blade of grass
    Alive, aware, in awe

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Pros Gained seats in The House (and control thereof?), my state finally got a Democratic governor after that GOP subhuman (1st woman governor for our state, too). Dems picked up a total of 6 Govships.

Cons: Lost some Senate seats.

Bonus: 45 throws a shitfit in public at press conference. Keebler Elf resigns as AG.

Now, if a bunch of GOP Senators were to catch lethal, untreatable diseases from fucking farm animals...alpacas, maybe...

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    That's mean to the farm animals!
    Last edited by kirinke; November 8th, 2018 at 12:42 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post

Bonus: 45 throws a shitfit in public at press conference. Keebler Elf resigns as AG.
    Linky-link?

Now, if a bunch of GOP Senators were to catch lethal, untreatable diseases from fucking farm animals...alpacas, maybe...
    Hey now, don't bring perfectly good farm animals into this, alpacas are mostly very nice creatures, despite my anti-camelid bias. I've owned two that were tolerable and gave me basically a lifetime's worth of fiber.

Also, they hum.
    Deep into the past
    Follow the aeon path
    Greet a blade of grass
    Alive, aware, in awe

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

I wasn't aware Sessions was actually impeding / obstructing the investigation prior to his forced resignation. Care to share your theories why he is no longer the AG?

Unless Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker recuses himself from the FBI investigation, there is the very real possibility that Mueller's Russia investigation could run into some serious roadblocks, such as under-funding the investigation to cripple further progress (which I believe the AG can actually do).

Bexar County local elections were even bluer than usual. 24 Republicans lost to Democrats; 0 Democrats lost to Republicans. (That only covers the seats that actually changed parties, not the full results.)

Sadly, I don't live only in Bexar County. I also live in Texas and 'merica. Some good news there, too: I think Democrats ended up gaining 35 House seats, 7 governors, 70+ more women in office and made a few inroads with diversity. But I grew up in Georgia, have lived in Texas for almost 40 years and have close relatives in Florida. I took the losses for O'Rourke, Abrams and Gillum personally.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

Well, the "Blue Wave" never appeared. It was just the usual midterm turnover. I am glad that the Republicans lost the House, though. I absolutely hate seeing the House, Senate and Presidency in the hands of the same party. Too much bullshit gets rubber stamped that way.

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
    Care to share your theories why he is no longer the AG?
    45 took it personally that Sessions recused himself; he thought he was getting a loyal torpedo, and as far as he's concerned, Jeff is a betrayer and a rat. So, he leaned on him and leaned on him, til the man couldn't put up with it anymore.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Had to come back to chime in on BBQ.

The BEST Beef Brisket BBQ in the world, Texas Style.

The BEST Pork Spare Rib BBQ in the world, KC Style.

The BEST Pork Butt BBQ in the world, Memphis style.

The BEST Chicken BBQ in the world, Northern Alabama White Sauce style.

And the ABSOLUTE BEST OVERALL BBQ in the world, South Carolina Whole Hog. Nothing beats this. Nothing.

Thus endeth that debate.
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    Well, the "Blue Wave" never appeared. It was just the usual midterm turnover. I am glad that the Republicans lost the House, though. I absolutely hate seeing the House, Senate and Presidency in the hands of the same party. Too much bullshit gets rubber stamped that way.
    You're full of shit. There were more House seats picked up by the Dems than any election since the Watergate Wave.

Again, you are full of shit.
    Trump is just Putin's little bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    There were more House seats picked up by the Dems than any election since the Watergate Wave.
    Hey Xyxox, how many House seats have been picked up by the Democrats in the 2018 Election by your count?

• Page 319 of 323 FirstFirst ... 219269300301302303304305306307308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322323 LastLast