Thread: Random political thoughts that don't rate their own thread

Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    Hopefully the Supreme Court stops this civil forfeiture crap. I love how they forced Indiana to argue that they could steal a $200,000 car from someone who was just driving 5 miles an hour over the speed limit.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicksib.../#49ab04c22406
    Especially in this case where it is 100% clear that he purchased it with non-criminal funds. Had he purchased it with drugdealing proceeds, the state might have had a case.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMaxperson View Post
    Hopefully the Supreme Court stops this civil forfeiture crap. I love how they forced Indiana to argue that they could steal a $200,000 car from someone who was just driving 5 miles an hour over the speed limit.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicksib.../#49ab04c22406
    They won't. What they'll do is officially incorporate the 8th A on excessive fines. This will curb the abuse, but not stop it. Civil forfeiture is here to stay, but it could definitely stand to be less bullshitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    They won't. What they'll do is officially incorporate the 8th A on excessive fines. This will curb the abuse, but not stop it. Civil forfeiture is here to stay, but it could definitely stand to be less bullshitty.

Yeah. I know. Hopefully it will be less bullshitty enough not to fuck over the innocent people like it has been.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I needed a corrective to the NPR hushed reverence marathon this morning.
    It's also a nice little theme song to accompany the Trump Presidency.

"When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    I needed a corrective to the NPR hushed reverence marathon this morning.
    It's also a nice little theme song to accompany the Trump Presidency.

Riight, respectful treatment of a dead Republican us annoying, let's bash Trump to feel tgat righteous rage! Cannagetta amen?!

Jesus fuck, it's one goddamn day. Suck it up.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Some of us have reasons not to remember that president with cloying respect and would prefer silence or rowdy old punk music. I guess you would have no way to appreciate that. Thanks for being so predictable, though. Nice to know there are some things in life that we can count on.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    It's not always about Trump.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Riight, respectful treatment of a dead Republican us annoying...
    Who died today? I checked NPR's facebook and twitter... but as they've not shut up a bit about every non-important thing happening (posting once a minute), I got tired of trying to scroll back.

Thanks for being so predictable, though. Nice to know there are some things in life that we can count on.
    In before shiningbrow bashes someone for not waiting the prescribed three days for the body to cool before talking shit about a dead Democrat...
    I wouldn't even censor you.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Some of us have reasons not to remember that president with cloying respect and would prefer silence or rowdy old punk music. I guess you would have no way to appreciate that. Thanks for being so predictable, though. Nice to know there are some things in life that we can count on.
    People I don't like die all the time. I don't shit up threads that have nothing to do with the dead person because I can't fucking handle it, esoecially to engage in fetish bashing someone else I don't like. Grow the fuck up.

And, yes, I'm terribly predictable about mocking your childish selfishness when you decide to air it out.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I read, with considerable interest, the very lengthy and well researched Obituary in the New York Times. It was enlightening. I also noticed that the newspaper was capable of recognizing that other things were still taking place in the world at the same time. There were other stories about the events of the day in the same paper in the VERY SAME EDITION!! Go figure.

My complaint was not that a president was being eulogized or having a decent, respectful funeral, it was that a major news organization chose to ignore the rest of the world for HOURS at a time. That seems odd and unnecessary.

Feel free to disagree.

Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I read, with considerable interest, the very lengthy and well researched Obituary in the New York Times. It was enlightening. I also noticed that the newspaper was capable of recognizing that other things were still taking place in the world at the same time. There were other stories about the events of the day in the same paper in the VERY SAME EDITION!! Go figure.

My complaint was not that a president was being eulogized or having a decent, respectful funeral, it was that a major news organization chose to ignore the rest of the world for HOURS at a time. That seems odd and unnecessary.

Feel free to disagree.
    Since when has NPR ever been considered major? They're the PBS of radio, only with fewer telethons...

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User

Feel free to disagree.
    Riight, because non-live print news coverage is totes the same thing as live on-air coverage. Good eye!

If it's not clear, this is me again with the mocking.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    The news reports were kinda refreshing. Almost Trump free.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post

In before shiningbrow bashes someone for not waiting the prescribed three days for the body to cool before talking shit about a dead Democrat...
    Bush died on November 30...five days ago, at the point of her post (and a week, now).
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    Bush died on November 30...five days ago, at the point of her post (and a week, now).
    Well then, the shit talking was okay.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

• Page 322 of 324 FirstFirst ... 222272303304305306307308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322323324 LastLast