Thread: Random political thoughts that don't rate their own thread

  1. #5131
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    29,946

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    Even though I'm a good bit younger than him, no, I wouldn't chase college age guys because A)that's gross because again, imbalance of power and B)I don't chase.
    Great way to dodge the question. Maybe take another stab at it?


    Serious question... Do you think he would make snide comments if you were to start chasing college age guys?
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

 

  • #5132
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    Ah. I hadn't realized someone had actually computed a Rule, but that makes a good amount of sense.

    Also, lest it be inferred that I think May/December relationships are gross, that's not what I'm stating. Those are....rare, but they do happen (and there's a reason they're rare). I'm talking more of the purely-gonad-driven sort of mindless salivating over women who are young enough to be his (very young) daughter.
    I just thought adding the XKCD comic was a fun touch. Although there are exceptions when two people with a large age disparity truly connect with one another, many times it is only about the conquest. The terms gold-digger, trophy-wife, and boy-toy are apt descriptions for the pursuit of people viewed as little more than objects.

    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    I could quibble with you about the semantics of 'chase' when it comes to an unmoving object, but....it's late.
    Touché. I was having fun 'doggedly' using 'still' that you had used previously. Okay, I'll stop trying to look clever. But if you like playing word games, I'll try to keep up with you.

  • #5133
    a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio
    3,594

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Serious question... Do you think he would make snide comments if you were to start chasing college age guys?
    No idea, honestly.

    Since you don't know the context/conversation, do you want to hold up a minute and revise your suppositions and then perhaps start asking the correct questions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
    I just thought adding the XKCD comic was a fun touch. Although there are exceptions when two people with a large age disparity truly connect with one another, many times it is only about the conquest. The terms gold-digger, trophy-wife, and boy-toy are apt descriptions for the pursuit of people viewed as little more than objects.
    Yup. Objects and some bizarre measuring of 'status'. I'm guessing it's somehow based on the supposition that the sexual conquest of someone much younger somehow makes the conqueror younger as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
    Touché. I was having fun 'doggedly' using 'still' that you had used previously. Okay, I'll stop trying to look clever. But if you like playing word games, I'll try to keep up with you.
    I love a good verbal dance, or even a ....dogfight.
    Last edited by Palaralae; Yesterday at 06:37 PM.
    It's a long way down and everything's broken
    It's crazy what some will do for love

    It's a long way down and the dark road is a serpent
    But you and I are not so different

    You can wish what you want
    Let us guide you home
    But we are not yours
    You better leave the stars alone

    Some give us names
    Some give us chains
    And some just try to give us away in vain
    We might be maidens
    We might be queens
    But we are not made to realize your dreams

  • Page 343 of 343 FirstFirst ... 243293324325326327328329330331332333334335336337338339340341342343

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •