Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Brown Eye of Cthulhu, or How I Went To 'Insane' On My Summer Vacation

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User

The Dark Brown Eye of Cthulhu, or How I Went To 'Insane' On My Summer Vacation

So it was '95 I was young man, it was a younger time. The Goth scene was reaching it's zenith in Orlando and Tampa, and many gamers were riding this wave to easy sex through Vampire LARPs (goth chicks are crazy for this game and often remarkably accepting of geeks/nerds).

Anyway, I was working as a bouncer/roady/entertainer in a Tampa night club 3-4 nights a week, and baking in Orlando the other 3. One night a week I ran a LARP in the club, it was damned popular (300+ people showed to play every Thursday).

What does this have to do with the Gooey Moist Center of Azathoth? Well... I worked for him.

Let's back up a few months.

Mike World1 ran an entertainment business. He'd started it in Georgia2, and eventually moved back to Orlando to be near his family. I met him in Orlando in a game he was hosting in a night club I frequented (and played/refereed a LARP in), he made his pitch, and I joined up (which was, "Hey, you do a good job helping in this game, want to get paid to run one in Tampa?).

At first it was once a week trips out with Randy (the driver and person most abused in the Mike-Randy friendship), Mike, me, and a friend I hired to assist me.

The game became an instant hit3 (breaking 100+ players a night by the second week). This grew and and for reasons I wasn't privy to at the time the Orlando side of his business dried up. So he started going out to Tampa almost every night to work in a few different night clubs, Randy, my friend, and I started going out more frequently (up to 4 nights a week by the end). On non-LARP nights I bounced or did concert set-up/break-down (the night club was a massive warehouse complex that housed 3 night-clubs, one was large enough for 500+ poeple to crowd into for concerts) or fetish show set-up (I refused to do clean up). Aside from the LARP (I made 1$ per person that signed into my LARP), it was unpaid (I was paid in free bar-tab and admittance for the night), but it was basically an excuse to party for free with a minimal amount of work (I was less lazy back then, so concert setup was "fun" not "work").

So anyway... little by little Mike's, unhygienic, behavior became apparent. At first I accepted the excuses of "I was to busy to shower today, still wearing yesterday's clothes, etc" were accepted. Actually at first he wasn't that nasty. But as the months wore on he became less and less concerned with anything resembling grooming, and more and more adverse to anything resembling soap. His behavoir also became more "crude", which I'll normally tolerate ... but combined with the uncleanliness? It was becoming intolerable.

This culminated in the last day I was to work for him.

The previous day we'd gotten stuck in traffic (a pair of semis had gotten into a wreck and blocked all lanes of traffic). For 6 hours in the blistering heat of full summer and the humidity of the swampy Tampa outskirts. Within minutes I abandoned the car to sit under some trees and escape the stench of his sweaty ass. The aroma still hit me when 20 feet away when the wind shifted.

This was all related just to explain how much of a stank nasty unwashed fuck I was dealing with. Which leads to the last night I worked for him.

Night went as it normally did. Clubbed, went to the after party, went to the hotel, continued partying. The party ran particularly late and the remainder of us (me, Randy, the DJ kid, and few chicks) decided we were going out for breakies as the sun rose.

Except Randy had kicked off his socks 9but was still wearing his boots for some reason) in the room he was sharing with Mike. So we had to go back to the room to get his socks.

Randy swiped the card. Slowly pushed the door open in case Mike was sleeping. We heard a strange noise, an unworldly huffing mixed with short squeaks.

The door opened enough for a bar of light from the hallway to pour into the room.

This strip illuminated a heaving beast, made of grunts and sweat.

It was Mike's boil ridden backside, his swollen belly leveraged up on the butt of a slim young girl, bent over Randy's bed. As he drew back from her his ass checks flexed open, as though the shit encrusted eye of a terrible god.

Time stopped. The dreadful light held our gaze. A single drizzle, a discharge, oozed from the starfish, a tear from a lost being from the other side of reality.

Then time resumed, the checks slammed shut accompanied with the grunts and squeaks.

Randy's hand withdrew from the door. It slowly closed.

In a small voice Randy said, "I don't need socks. I... I don't need socks ever again."

We didn't have breakfast. We wandered down to the pool and went for a swim in our clothes. It didn't wash the terror off.

Follow up: I later learned that the girl was underage and was enticed by him with drugs. I filed a report with the Tampa PD in case a rape report was ever filed, offering to be a witness to the crime. Unfortunately I never was able to learn her name, so the Police couldn't do anything about it (they did interview the people I named as co-witnesses, none of them knew her name either).

1 - I don't know his actual real name. I know his first name was Mike and he went by Mike World, but the last name was a pseudonym.
    2 - My best friend was in the LARP he ran there. We actually met only because he came home on leave one weekend after Mike had returned to Orlando and wanted to see if Mike was still up to his old antics and catch some of the Goth scene here (he's not a Goth, but also finds Goth chicks easy on the eyes).
    3 - It was a bit of the 'perfect storm". 1 - I run a great LARP, 2 - The LARP crowd was starved out there, 3 - We both (me and the Tampa crowd) hated all the Camarilla stood for (the Cam has since changed and I've come to find it respectable as have many of the Tampa LARPers).
    I wouldn't even smirk at you.

Can't keep a secret Keeper of Secrets's Avatar
    Province
    Ohio
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Well, obviously this constituted a SAN loss.
    Veteran of RelWar 2011

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    worst LARP evar
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

I can't believe it's an admin COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Wost Brown Wednesday post ever.

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "I see it ... coming here ... hell-wind ... titan-blur ... black wings ... Yog-Sothoth save me ... the three-lobed burning eye ..."
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

Province
    Michigan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I̻ ̲f͎̱̝̦̣ḙ͕̳a̙͇̰̮̘͚̬r̜̗̼̯.͉͓..̖̖̯̳͕̜̰
    ͎̠̗̦I ͈̦̱f̹ear̲ ̝͕̩̺͔̦t̘h̠̮at̪̱ m̬̲͖a̤͓͎͖y̹̜͖̭ h̺̟̘̣̞̺̞av̼͙͎͓̹̯e̫͚̝̮͇ ̤̱s͈͓̭̻͎̹ͅee̱͍͖̰n ͎̬͓͍͚t̥̖͚͚o̲̹̰̻͕͓o̩̤̫ͅ ̟͖͕̹̳m͖͔̦̺ͅͅu͉̭̥̮̝͇͓c͙͚͉͚̼h ̗͈̭͖̤t̝͓̫̳̦͔͚h͇̱̗͚̜i̗s͔̥̟͈̝̫ͅ ͈̪t̳̝͇̠͖̩im̠̭͙̬͎͚e̙͔̳͉.̲
    ͖̟̰̣̘̗̝I͈̰̖̫̝̮͉ ̬͉c̖̰̘̮̳̖an̝̭n͎̪̳o̘͔͍̥̤͉͚ț ͓͕̲̗̼̪go̲̤͎͔̱̱ ̮̼͓ḅ̮͉a̩̟̦̘c͔̹̥͙̟̫͇k̭̠̠̯̝̠̤.͈̬͚̙̱͕ͅ
    ̫ͅ
    ̳̺̼̗I̟̣̭̙ ̥̤̻̝̤͖C͔͚̱̼̜̖̫A̟̗̹̥Ṉ̗̦͚̞NO͍̫T̫̙ ̘G̪͉̻̦̘O̺̰̤͕͔͉ ̼̮̫̘B̠͕̳̯A̳̳C̗̦̜͖̪K̹̭
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. - Douglas Adams

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    To this day, I do not know what young Randy sacrificed (besides his socks) to close that door, to seal that chamber, to hide away that terrible sight. But I do this know, that sacrifice was worth it, it was no less than any man could do.

For some reason my mind is automatically substituting your avatar for the boil-bedazzled buttocks, with the little smiling guy taking the place of the dripping starfish.

I knew that sanity failsafe would come in handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Fine, I'll say it because it's obvious -- VK is 100% right

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermicious Knid View Post
    For some reason my mind is automatically substituting your avatar for the boil-bedazzled buttocks, with the little smiling guy taking the place of the dripping starfish.

I knew that sanity failsafe would come in handy.
    You can see the light slowly dim in his eye as his mind is crushed by the weight of all he has witnessed.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Well fuck. Now I need to invent time travel, to go back and tell myself to not read this thread.
    I like hats.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Farside View Post
    It could be worse. Video wasn't cheap back then.
    No joke. I'm glad it happened in the way back days of smoke signals and beating on hollow logs to communicate.

I can easily imagine one of the trio of chicks (or Kid DJ) pulling out a cellphone and capturing it for all eternity.

Be thankful only the 6 of us witnessed it and the image will die with us.

Province
    The Rose City, Pacific NW USA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    Well fuck. Now I need to invent time travel, to go back and tell myself to not read this thread.
    please tell me, too. I'm unemployed and poor, but I'll pay cash.
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Posts thread.
    Readers want to go back in time to pre-gauge out their eyes.
    Mythos cred established.

I think I'll be giving my baba ghanouj to someone else for lunch today, thank you very much.
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato

Invisible Castle

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast