Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sandwich Cafe of the Gods

Sandwich Cafe of the Gods

So I just got done eating a truly wonderful sandwich. It was so wonderful that I thought I should tell you about it:

portugese roll
    olive tapenade
    arugula
    thinly sliced mortadella
    thinly sliced Italian roast beef
    provolone

Oh. My. God. What a sandwich it was. How good was it? It nearly made me weep, is how good.

So tell us all about uplifting sandwich experiences that you've had. After all, tomorrow we need to eat lunch again!

Province
    DC Metropolitan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'm a fan of

Hebrew National Kosher Salami
    Provolone Cheese
    Thinly sliced red onion
    Mustard
    Itallian Bread

That's the sandwich my mom used to make me when I was in school. I really miss it. But you have to let the ingredients sit together for a few hours before you eat them so that the flavors meld appropriately.

Province
    Detroit, yo
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Wow, that does sound good. I only got a (admittedly, pretty big) bowl of french onion soup for lunch.

Province
    The Clockworks
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I like to make grilled cheeses a bit different - yummy sourdough with sharp cheddar (grated works best - you can use it like glue to help stick everything together), tomato, cucumber, and a touch of guacamole. They're heavenly. My kids, however, refuse to eat them. They want the plain ol' grilled cheese.

Going another way, I'm a huge fan of bacon, egg, and cheese on a toasted bagel. So rich and fatty, but oh so good.
    A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and in all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably with the circumstances of life, knowing that in this world no one is all knowing and therefore all of us need both love and charity.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Xath
    I'm a fan of

Hebrew National Kosher Salami
    Provolone Cheese
    Thinly sliced red onion
    Mustard
    Itallian Bread

That's the sandwich my mom used to make me when I was in school. I really miss it. But you have to let the ingredients sit together for a few hours before you eat them so that the flavors meld appropriately.
    Red onion. Yeah, that's the one ingredient which might have made it better. I loves me some thinly sliced red onion!

My dream sandwhich:

On wheat bread
    4 slices Boars Head Roast Beef
    4 slices Boars Head Low Salt Ham
    4 Slices Boars Head Turkey
    2 slices Balogney
    3 slices Boars Head Havarti Creamy
    Boars Head Brown Mustard
    Lotsa Mayo

2 pickles on the side
    ----
    Nuts, I just ate and I'm already getting hungry again.

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Taylor pork roll.

fried. heavy on the onions.
    kaiser
    with Hot English mustard.

A lot better than mine.
    White bread
    Mustard
    Balogne

Add to that a bannana (yummy me loves the bannanas), a pudding, and a bannana nut oatmeal bar.

Province
    DC Metropolitan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Does anyone else sometimes put potato chips in their sandwich for the crunch factor?

Province
    The Clockworks
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Does anyone else sometimes put potato chips in their sandwich for the crunch factor?
    Absolutely.
    A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and in all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably with the circumstances of life, knowing that in this world no one is all knowing and therefore all of us need both love and charity.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Occassionally I'l go with the Sour Cream and Onion flavored.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup
    So I just got done eating a truly wonderful sandwich. It was so wonderful that I thought I should tell you about it:

portugese roll
    olive tapenade
    arugula
    thinly sliced mortadella
    thinly sliced Italian roast beef
    provolone

Oh. My. God. What a sandwich it was. How good was it? It nearly made me weep, is how good.

So tell us all about uplifting sandwich experiences that you've had. After all, tomorrow we need to eat lunch again!
    Sounds good.

When I like in San Diego, I used to make the best sandwich from Trader Joe's parts.

Dark Russian Rye bread
    Fresh Pastrami
    Muenster cheese
    Fresh tomato
    A good, semi-spicy honey mustard
    Maybe a little bit of Mayo

Man, I loved that sandwich...

Freshly made bread makes any sandwich better

That's what I like pickles for. Mmmm. Pickles.

You know what I love - open face sammiches. Some turkey, potatoes, stuffing, and gravy all on top of some delicious bread. Mmmm.
    "Wow, Liz, you're hot AND know a lot about pirates! If you were fatter you'd be the ideal woman!" - Rel

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast