Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: managerial bullshit and ass kissing

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBlank View Post
    not taking into account that person came in before 7:00 a.m. ... last couple hours of the day are somehow more valuable then athe first.
    Depending on office hours/who customers are, that's usually a warning flag for me. An extremely high portion of employees I have observed who want to work shifts when the business isn't fully operational seem to be the least productive. Most (although not all) situations where I've investigated it more carefully, the people who have a 5:00 - 7:00 AM start time are the ones who roll into the office late (when no one is around to notice), or who start every single day with a 30-45 minute breakfast making session or restroom trip, etc.

I have to imagine a lot of the short-sighted managers stereotyping is from some bad experience, then generalized that the early arrivers = lazy. And inevitably the Managers that are biggest hardasses about hours or attendance are the ones who either used to have attendance problems or still do and hide it.
    Last edited by Janos; August 6th, 2014 at 12:01 AM.
    Nareau: "You're more horrible than anything in Cthulhu!"

Province
    The Rose City, Pacific NW USA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    And inevitably the Managers that are biggest hardasses about hours or attendance are the ones who either used to have attendance problems or still do and hide it.
    That's my former supervisor. She used to work 9-4 every day with an hour-plus lunch. Now that her new boss sits next to her, she often stays until 5.
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

Man this thread is really making me love being self-employed. Yeah, it's got a lot of instability for sure. But I get to bust ass when there is work to do and fuck off without a drop of guilt when there isn't. No set hours to keep, no management watching my time sheet, and no "having to look busy".

Thanks for the reminder of how blessed I am!
    www.scottmoorecoaching.com

The next CAMP NCGD is on April 27-May1, 2017.

Province
    Brooklyn, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    Depending on office hours/who customers are, that's usually a warning flag for me. An extremely high portion of employees I have observed who want to work shifts when the business isn't fully operational seem to be the least productive. Most (although not all) situations where I've investigated it more carefully, the people who have a 5:00 - 7:00 AM start time are the ones who roll into the office late (when no one is around to notice), or who start every single day with a 30-45 minute breakfast making session or restroom trip, etc.
    One of the guys I knew who used to bust on everyone else for "coming in late" was named Ralph. He was ex-army, and woke up early so he came to work at 7 AM and fucked around for two hours getting nothing important done.

I like my current job, where they literally don't care when you come in as long as you get your shit done.

And if you don't get your work done, they still don't care when you got into the office.

As it should be, IMO.
    "What's the fun of being omnipotent if you can't make rocks so big even you can't lift them?" - Vrecknidj

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12