Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why do you hate MerricB, let me count the ways.

Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlZog View Post
    We'll know when we meet him again in the promised land.
    You're coming to GaryCon? Awesome!
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlZog View Post
    We'll know when we meet him again in the promised land.
    Are the prophets allowed to witness the Promised Land?
    I wouldn't even censor you.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    So, just to add fuel to the fire because, let's face it, that's the type of person I am, I went to a D&D Adventurer's League session last night. Ok, technically it's not Adventurer's League until Tyranny of Dragons comes out, but they were playing 5e Starter Set to warm themselves up for it when it's released in a few weeks. Merric was the event organiser who handled six different groups of roughly 5-6 players each. There was merriment and character death and my halfling rogue got attacked for no reason other than the fact that he was acting suspicious (well, to be fair, the rogue wasn't actually doing anything but I as a player was handing secret notes to the DM, among which one of them said "I do nothing", because as a rogue player I just love fucking with the minds of other players).

It was a fun night. Wish diaglo had been there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    London, Canada
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    So, just to add fuel to the fire because, let's face it, that's the type of person I am, I went to a D&D Adventurer's League session last night. Ok, technically it's not Adventurer's League until Tyranny of Dragons comes out, but they were playing 5e Starter Set to warm themselves up for it when it's released in a few weeks. Merric was the event organiser who handled six different groups of roughly 5-6 players each. There was merriment and character death and my halfling rogue got attacked for no reason other than the fact that he was acting suspicious (well, to be fair, the rogue wasn't actually doing anything but I as a player was handing secret notes to the DM, among which one of them said "I do nothing", because as a rogue player I just love fucking with the minds of other players).

It was a fun night. Wish diaglo had been there.
    Are you sure you're in the right thread?
    “There is no intimacy; it’s not live,” he said of online games. “It’s being translated through a computer, and your imagination is not there the same way it is when you’re actually together with a group of people. It reminds me of one time where I saw some children talking about whether they liked radio or television, and I asked one little boy why he preferred radio, and he said, ‘Because the pictures are so much better.’ ” - E.G.Gygax 1938-2008

Province
    The Rose City, Pacific NW USA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    There was merriment and character death and my halfling rogue got attacked for no reason other than the fact that he was acting suspicious (well, to be fair, the rogue wasn't actually doing anything but I as a player was handing secret notes to the DM, among which one of them said "I do nothing", because as a rogue player I just love fucking with the minds of other players).
    A friend of mine once passed a note to the DM that said "Please wait a few moments, then say 'It works; you feel very powerful.'"

She did exactly that, and because my friend's character was alone and working with some unknown Power/Entity, everyone wrongfully assumed that he had succeeded--except me and diaglo, of course. We knew him too well.
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

Province
    Anxiety Closet, Bloom County
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarion'sCousin View Post
    A friend of mine once passed a note to the DM that said "Please wait a few moments, then say 'It works; you feel very powerful.'"

She did exactly that, and because my friend's character was alone and working with some unknown Power/Entity, everyone wrongfully assumed that he had succeeded--except me and diaglo, of course. We knew him too well.
    The inside joke a group I used to play with was to pass notes, to the GM or other players, that said, "I like cheese" and go from there. This was especially nerve wracking during games of Amber DRPG.
    “I'm dealing with a lot of scary things. I think you have to react to them. And you either laugh at them or you go insane.” Jim Butcher, Death Masks

"I love you and I love vanilla, but your family tastes like paper."

Personal Dream

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    My DM loves to pass notes that say "Smile as you read this".
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraGyps View Post
    The inside joke a group I used to play with was to pass notes, to the GM or other players, that said, "I like cheese" and go from there. This was especially nerve wracking during games of Amber DRPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    My DM loves to pass notes that say "Smile as you read this".
    I have learned more from staying after and helping to clean up/finding and reading all the notes in most Amber games than from actual game play.

Also: Gamers are lying bastards.
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Am I the only one who when engaged in note passing passed actual notes that held secret ingame information?

Of course in one game of Immortal the other players hated me because I kept a journal (one of these) and the ST and I would fill pages with info going back and forth (I had a number of powers that gave me access to information other people didn;t have).

Province
    Anxiety Closet, Bloom County
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Am I the only one who when engaged in note passing passed actual notes that held secret ingame information?

Of course in one game of Immortal the other players hated me because I kept a journal (one of these) and the ST and I would fill pages with info going back and forth (I had a number of powers that gave me access to information other people didn;t have).
    Oh no, I used to pass notes around that were actually pertinent to the game. It's just that the more memorable ones were about cheese.
    “I'm dealing with a lot of scary things. I think you have to react to them. And you either laugh at them or you go insane.” Jim Butcher, Death Masks

"I love you and I love vanilla, but your family tastes like paper."

Personal Dream

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Most of the notes in the Amber games have been pertinent and relevant. Also, you would be surprised how many paranoid and secretive players believe that by throwing their notes in the host's garbage bin they have protected their secrets forever.

Helpful hint: supply notepads for the game which are distinctive, like mini yellow pads; they're easy to see in the trash.
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarion'sCousin View Post
    Also, you would be surprised how many paranoid and secretive players believe that by throwing their notes in the host's garbage bin they have protected their secrets forever.
    No I wouldn't. I'd be surprised someone would engage in social engineering to data mine in such meta fashion.

Strikes me as a touch sociopathic. These are your friends aren't they? I mean if your playing Amber with people you dislike or hate I could see resorting to such levels of cheating.

Do you palm cards or stack your deck when you're playing card games too?

Note in the previous post I used a journal to pass notes in. The journal went home with me. If passed a note on another card, it got taped into the journal....

Paranoid? Prove you're not out to get me...

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Paranoid? Prove you're not out to get me...
    What if I am out to get you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    What if I am out to get you?
    Then I'm not paranoid! See, I'm vindicated!

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Then I'm not paranoid! See, I'm vindicated!
    No, no, you're still paranoid, you're just also right.

• Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast