Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why do you hate MerricB, let me count the ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarion'sCousin View Post
    "One player in particular had difficulty cooperating with the group, repeatedly shouting curse words at us when they refused to allow him alone to make their decisions. Later, the owner of the store asked him to not return unless he had showered and washed with soap immediately beforehand."

I like MerricB. He provides lots of game play reports and reviews of TSR modules--which I find interesting to read.
    That's always been my opinion, too.

Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarion'sCousin View Post
    "One player in particular had difficulty cooperating with the group, repeatedly shouting curse words at us when they refused to allow him alone to make their decisions. Later, the owner of the store asked him to not return unless he had showered and washed with soap immediately beforehand."

I like MerricB. He provides lots of game play reports and reviews of TSR modules--which I find interesting to read.
    Then he proceeded to try to exit the store but couldn't figure out the automatic doors and eventually needed to be thrown out. Which was interesting since the store doesn't HAVE automatic doors.

Yea, I like MerricB's posts.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by dar View Post
    Then he proceeded to try to exit the store but couldn't figure out the automatic doors and eventually needed to be thrown out. Which was interesting since the store doesn't HAVE automatic doors.
    Actually, that sounds like someone with some serious mental issues who should be cared for, not treated like trash and thrown out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    Actually, that sounds like someone with some serious mental issues who should be cared for, not treated like trash and thrown out.
    Well it was clear to everyone that it was a desperate attempt to stay, considering he complained about the doors having never even gotten up from his chair.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Actually, that sounds like someone with some serious mental issues who should be treated like trash and thrown out.
    For once Kmax and I are complete agreement.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Actually, that sounds like someone with some serious mental issues who should be treated like trash and thrown out.
    Is this why you always hide on bin night?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Is this why you always hide on bin night?
    Baby you know I always take out trash.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    Massachusetts
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'm kinda surprised by this thread. I first encountered Merric nearly 15 years ago when he was active in the modding community for SSI's old Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures computer game (pretty much a tool for making gold-box-style CRPGs). I really liked his stuff then, and when I saw him on ENW a few years later, I found he often had something worthwhile to say.
    I haven't been on ENW much in the last few years, so I can't comment on his more recent activity, but in general I never had a problem with him.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlZog View Post
    I'm kinda surprised by this thread. I first encountered Merric nearly 15 years ago when he was active in the modding community for SSI's old Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures computer game (pretty much a tool for making gold-box-style CRPGs). I really liked his stuff then, and when I saw him on ENW a few years later, I found he often had something worthwhile to say.
    I haven't been on ENW much in the last few years, so I can't comment on his more recent activity, but in general I never had a problem with him.
    Take a look at the original poster, and it will all come into focus.

Oratio

Ignore User
    Yea, It's like a revenge thread by someone kicked out of one of his public games for being stinky.

Oratio

Ignore User
    This is one reason I like MerricB. Look at this thread, his actual play stories are kinda amazing. Just wish he'd leave out the details about what exactly that new guy smelled like. That was way to vivid.

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    i will go on record as someone who has never liked Merric Blackman.
    and as i said when i tried to make comments in posts as to why i thought he was a snivelling idiot and mistaken on his "truth" about what he read i was moderated by various websites.
    i thus added him to my ignore list.
    i never wish to read any posts by him. ever.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    i will go further to say. if you wish to read his posts more than mine i will do you the service of not posting to your queries or responding to you in the future. you can add yourselves to my ignore list.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    wow
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

Province
    Somewhere wet and muddy.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post
    i will go further to say. if you wish to read his posts more than mine i will do you the service of not posting to your queries or responding to you in the future. you can add yourselves to my ignore list.
    I have a Facebook policy for the many "unfriend me if you disagree" ultimatums. I unfriend immediately. The subject doesn't matter. I'm sad to see it has reached CM.

• Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast