Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75

Thread: Cunts

  1. #1
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User

    Cunts

    Yeah, that's right, I went there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

 

  • #2
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,198

    Ignore User
    I'm guessing the last shopping mart in Australia went purely self-checkout on you?
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #3
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    I'm guessing the last shopping mart in Australia went purely self-checkout on you?
    YOU'RE A SELF CHECKOUT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

  • #4
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,198

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    YOU'RE A SELF CHECKOUT!
    So you're saying I win agian?


    YAY! I win again!
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #5
    pug cat! the Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    In the snow
    Oratio
    8,254

    Ignore User
    Now, by "cunts" are you meaning "female genitalia", or are you meaning "people who act like fucking asshole idiots"?
    Spoiler Alert!

  • #6
    Friendly Coffee Kzach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio
    9,732

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by the Jester View Post
    Now, by "cunts" are you meaning "female genitalia", or are you meaning "people who act like fucking asshole idiots"?
    I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I?

    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    So you're saying I win agian?


    YAY! I win again!
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

  • #7
    prod me! Holy Bovine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Province
    London, Canada
    Oratio
    2,483

    Ignore User
    Snoweel called.

    He wants his shtick back.

    Cunt.
    “There is no intimacy; it’s not live,” he said of online games. “It’s being translated through a computer, and your imagination is not there the same way it is when you’re actually together with a group of people. It reminds me of one time where I saw some children talking about whether they liked radio or television, and I asked one little boy why he preferred radio, and he said, ‘Because the pictures are so much better.’ ” - E.G.Gygax 1938-2008

  • #8
    Haulin ass shiningbrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio
    4,978

    Ignore User
    Are there any linguists on here who can explain the predominance of short u sounds associated with the slang for female reproductive organs and intercourse? It seems arbitrary that words like cunt and fuck have shared sounds and also so many other functional applications and I wonder why. Why do we say "fuck you" in anger, or scream "fuck" when our car is about to go over a cliff? Why do we refer to stupid people of all genders as cunts? Inquiring minds want to know.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

  • #9
    diaglo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio
    36,522

    Ignore User
    pics
    kthxbye
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

    I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

  • #10
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,198

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    Are there any linguists on here who can explain the predominance of short u sounds associated with the slang for female reproductive organs and intercourse?
    I don't know cunt but I do know fuck.*


    Actually both are Low Middle German and both have a plethora of roots. As to why we prefer short hard sounds ** in our vulgar argot, well hard sounds go with hard language. They allow us to express our anger more effectively. Also many groups consider certain words to have a low or crass connotation, to which usage adds a bit of "unacceptability" to the expression. So not only can you effectively express your anger, but you can 'break the rules of polite society' and thus derive a bit a pleasure.

    Try saying something soft and non-vulgar, like lilies, next time you're angry and see what I mean.



    * Go ahead, make something of that you dickwads.
    ** We don't just use 'u', we also shout 'dick', 'ass', 'balls', 'cock', etc.. But yeah, 'fuck' is the preferred expression for directionless impotent anger.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #11
    pug cat! the Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    In the snow
    Oratio
    8,254

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    Are there any linguists on here who can explain the predominance of short u sounds associated with the slang for female reproductive organs and intercourse?
    It's possible that they're cognate, though I have no idea if that's true or not.

    EDIT: Here's a great podcast on the history of the English language, if your particular brand of geeky interests extend in that direction: http://historyofenglishpodcast.com/
    Spoiler Alert!

  • #12
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    26,408

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    I'm guessing the last shopping mart in Australia went purely self-checkout on you?
    Well that would solve for his dieting issues real quick, unless he was already set up to grow his own food
    I like hats.

  • #13
    Haulin ass shiningbrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio
    4,978

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    I don't know cunt but I do know fuck.*


    Actually both are Low Middle German and both have a plethora of roots. As to why we prefer short hard sounds ** in our vulgar argot, well hard sounds go with hard language. They allow us to express our anger more effectively. Also many groups consider certain words to have a low or crass connotation, to which usage adds a bit of "unacceptability" to the expression. So not only can you effectively express your anger, but you can 'break the rules of polite society' and thus derive a bit a pleasure.

    Try saying something soft and non-vulgar, like lilies, next time you're angry and see what I mean.



    * Go ahead, make something of that you dickwads.
    ** We don't just use 'u', we also shout 'dick', 'ass', 'balls', 'cock', etc.. But yeah, 'fuck' is the preferred expression for directionless impotent anger.
    There are different modes of anger, and "lillies" actually suits some of them better than "fuck." It depends on the level of perceived heat or urgency. Someone practically kills you by driving like an asshole so that you are in fear for your life, then "fuck" is much more appropriate. Some horrid coworker schemes and lies and makes your life a living hell, then "lillies" and similar sibilants can be much more insidious and expressive.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

  • #14
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,198

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    Well that would solve for his dieting issues real quick, unless he was already set up to grow his own food
    I hear people taste like soylent green.


    Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    There are different modes of anger, and "lillies" actually suits some of them better than "fuck." It depends on the level of perceived heat or urgency. Someone practically kills you by driving like an asshole so that you are in fear for your life, then "fuck" is much more appropriate. Some horrid coworker schemes and lies and makes your life a living hell, then "lillies" and similar sibilants can be much more insidious and expressive.
    Hey, you asked instead of Googling it yourself, so you get what shitty half-assed dilettante research I did once a long time ago and could still barely remember after far too many brain cells succumbed to the stupid shit I've done.


    But I'd love to hear some swear using 'lilies' instead of something harder. And swear like they mean it.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #15
    Haulin ass shiningbrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio
    4,978

    Ignore User
    But I'd love to hear some swear using 'lilies' instead of something harder. And swear like they mean it.


    I'll grasp your flaccid idiotic neck and squeeze until your family goes shopping for lilies. Then, while they're out shopping, I'll burn their houses down to the ground and piss on the ashes.

    Is that what you had in mind?

    p.s. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by shiningbrow; May 24th, 2014 at 06:31 AM.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

  • Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •