Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prediction time~!

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I predict we shall get a new president.
    The choice will not make mistwell happy.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Since I mentioned it in the 'How Cold Are You' thread...

I predict that this year drought-stricken areas like southern CA, eastern Texas, and places in the South are going to get much, much worse and desperate for water. For a lot of places I think this coming year is going to be much more on the 'hot and dry' side than usual. Water scarcity seems to be a worsening phenomenon in most places, and I think it's going to ratchet up.

I'll even go a little farther and say that in the West, forest fire season is going to definitely be on the bad side. Not super-catastrophic, but probably a strong 7 on a scale of 1 to 10.

One of the reasons I'd really like to move over west of the Cascades is the relative plenitude of water over there. It's not too bad here on the Palouse, but they do call it 'dryland wheat farming' for a reason, especially in the summer.
    "And now? With no drunks? There ain't no bums.
    And with no bums, there ain't no muthafuckas to feed the ducks at the park.
    What's a fuckin' town with no ducks, J-Tro? It's nothin'! IT AIN'T NOTHIN!
    How's a ***** to sort his shit out without no DUCKS?!"

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    I'll even go a little farther and say that in the West, forest fire season is going to definitely be on the bad side. Not super-catastrophic, but probably a strong 7 on a scale of 1 to 10.
    Victoria has hot dry spells during summer where the temps spike over 45 C for a few days. When we had our worst fires a few years ago was during one of these periods. And yet, we just had the longest, hottest, driest spell for decades about a month back and you know what happened? More people died of heat stress than during the Black Friday fires. Fires aren't as deadly as the damn heat. Without plenty of water and a strategy to keep cool, poor people are literally dying of overheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    Poor people are literally dying of overheating.

Not just dying, but literally dying!

Province
    Vienna
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Halo View Post
    That's much worse, isn't it? Still better than with a reality TV crew in front of you. A pen still keeps some distance.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    It's grammatically correct so what the fuck is your point, preacher?
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

It's grammatically correct so what the fuck is your point, preacher?

You literally have no idea, do you?

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    You literally have no idea, do you?
    You have two options.

a) Stop being an asshole and explain it.

b) Go to your God's Hell when you die.

Your choice.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    You have two options.

a) Stop being an asshole and explain it.

b) Go to your God's Hell when you die.

Your choice.
    My bet is on him going for option c) Continue needling Kzach.
    "And now? With no drunks? There ain't no bums.
    And with no bums, there ain't no muthafuckas to feed the ducks at the park.
    What's a fuckin' town with no ducks, J-Tro? It's nothin'! IT AIN'T NOTHIN!
    How's a ***** to sort his shit out without no DUCKS?!"

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Eh. Kzach only thinks he has a 100ft e-peener.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Stop being an asshole and explain it.
    I do find it rather humorous that you're asking for courtesy in Self-Flagellation -- that said, I'd be happy to explain it. When you state...

Poor people are literally dying of overheating.
    ...you appear to be using the word "literally" for emphasis, which is dreadfully redundant. Miracle Max notwithstanding, there is no such thing as "mostly dead." It's akin to saying, "She's literally pregnant." People often use the word "literally" in a figurative sense, which is contrary to its plain meaning. "Literal" means it's to be understood in its most basic sense. If I say, "Kzach is literally the biggest asshole I know," in actuality I am implying that you have an abnormally large anus. I am not super-sizing an insult.

We lost the smilie, or this would be wonderful opportunity to smilie : tmyk :

You're welcome, BTW.
    Last edited by Rusty Halo; February 6th, 2014 at 03:22 AM.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I do find it rather humorous that you're asking for courtesy in Self-Flagellation -- that said, I'd be happy to explain it. When you state...

...you appear to be using the word "literally" for emphasis, which is dreadfully redundant. Miracle Max notwithstanding, there is no such thing as "mostly dead." It's akin to saying, "She's literally pregnant." People often use the word "literally" in a figurative sense, which is contrary to its plain meaning. "Literal" means it's to be understood in its most basic sense. If I say, "Kzach is literally the biggest asshole I know," in actuality I am implying that you have an abnormally large anus. I am not super-sizing an insult.

We lost the smilie, or this would be wonderful opportunity to smilie : tmyk :

You're welcome, BTW.
    This not only makes you an asshole, it also makes you stupid.

You forget that there are colloquialisms in existence beyond the borders of America and that in context with Australian vernacular and common usage of the term "dying of the heat", it is more than appropriate to use the phraseology "literally dying". Your arrogance is not a virtue. You should look to that.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Not to mention most people use the word 'literally' hyperbolically...not literally. I'll let that one set in for a moment.

Using 'literally' figuratively would be like saying 'That car is a literal.' I'll let that one simmer for a few minutes.

The hyperbolic usage stems from the English languages inability to consistently emphasize the superlative without gesture or intonation. I mean, we can only use the 'most awesomest' only so many times.

Province
    The Rose City, Pacific NW USA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    If I say, "Kzach is literally the biggest asshole I know," in actuality I am implying that you have an abnormally large anus.
    This is not un-possible.
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Gazebo View Post
    Not to mention most people use the word 'literally' hyperbolically...not literally. I'll let that one set in for a moment.

Using 'literally' figuratively would be like saying 'That car is a literal.' I'll let that one simmer for a few minutes.

The hyperbolic usage stems from the English languages inability to consistently emphasize the superlative without gesture or intonation. I mean, we can only use the 'most awesomest' only so many times.
    i literally don't get you.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast