Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Mooicide Back in Jail?

Province
    The Rose City, Pacific NW USA
    Oratio

Ignore User

Is Mooicide Back in Jail?

He hasn't had any activity here since October.
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

Funny you should ask. I'd been wondering the very same thing.

I can't believe it's an admin COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    We have his name from the other thread, should be easy to check.

I hope not; he seemed sincere about his turn-around, and the last thing I need to hear is Mistwell saying "I told you so!!!!"

Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio

Ignore User

Re: Is Mooicide Back in Jail?

Quote Originally Posted by Qualidar View Post
    I hope not; he seemed sincere about his turn-around, and the last thing I need to hear is Mistwell saying "I told you so!!!!"
    Iirc, it was mostly Ovi.

Quote Originally Posted by guyjin View Post
    Iirc, it was mostly Ovi.
    Ah, yeah, you're probably right about that.

An equally distasteful prospect.

Holy shit!

http://www.wncn.com/story/23476072/m...ed-to-break-in

DURHAM, N.C. -A Chapel Hill man was arrested Thursday morning after he tried to break into the Durham Social Security building on Tower Blvd.
    Thursday afternoon, Durham Police identified the man as Brendan Cannell, 25. They said Cannell has been released from the hospital and transported to Durham County Jail.

The suspect tried to break in through the roof of the building early Thursday morning. Police arrived shortly after 1 a.m. and heard a banging sound and saw a man on the roof of the building.

Authorities said a couple shots were fired and the suspect fell off the roof. He was taken to the hospital for treatment. No other injuries were reported.
    Cannell is currently on federal probation for a break-in at a DMV office in Carrboro in 2008.

On Thursday, a heavy police presence was on the scene, with officers with dogs and also Homeland Security at the building.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/09/...ts-during.html

DURHAM — Police fired their weapons at a suspected intruder on the roof of a Social Security Administration office early Thursday morning. When the smoke cleared, they arrested a suspect who was not wounded, but has a history of elaborate identity theft.
    The encounter began about 1 a.m. when officers responded to an alarm call and discovered Brendan Cannell, 25, making “loud banging sounds” atop the building at 3004 Tower Boulevard, according to police spokeswoman Kammie Michael.
    Officers fired their guns at the suspect after he refused to comply with their repeated “challenges” and seemed to pose a “potential imminent deadly threat,” Michael said in a news release.
    Although Cannell wasn’t wounded by the gunfire, he hurt his arm when he jumped off the roof. Police took him to a hospital, then to Durham County’s jail on Thursday afternoon.
    The incident didn’t cause delays or disruptions at the Social Security office, which opened on schedule Thursday.
    “No Social Security records were compromised, and the damage is being repaired today,” Patti Patterson, a spokeswoman for the Social Security Administration, wrote in an email Thursday.
    Cannell is charged with a federal probation violation, felony breaking and entering, damage to property, and resisting, delaying and obstructing officers, according to police.
    This wasn’t the first time Cannell found trouble at a government office. He is on federal probation for a complex intrusion at a state Division of Motor Vehicles office in Carrboro in 2008, according to Durham police.
    The suspect’s previous “scheme to steal identities” resulted in a “known loss of over $18,000,” according to a 2009 filing by the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
    Cannell admitted to police that year that he had used a video camera with a telephoto lens to capture the shape of the keys for the Carrboro DMV office, the report states.
    The document alleges that Cannell then had a locksmith cut a matching key, which he used to enter the office and install key stroke-logging devices on the computer terminals where applicants enter personal information for driver’s licenses.
    Ten days after Cannell’s admission of the scheme, DMV staff spotted his vehicle and camera outside the DMV office. In a subsequent interview, he told police that criminal activity was an “addiction.”
    Police during their 2009 investigation discovered that Cannell’s computers held instructions for making explosives, documents related to fertilizer purchase and coordinates for locations such as Fort Bragg, Anniston Army Depot in Alabama, and a Durham gun store, according to the federal filing.
    The computers also contained a letter outlining plans to find weapons, train in forgery and combat, and recruit a team for “various heists,” the attorney’s office reported.
    Cannell later admitted to aggravated identity theft and three other counts, receiving a sentence in 2011 of 40 months in prison.
    Cannell was released from federal prison in December into his parent’s custody in Chapel Hill, court records state.
    He was enrolled as of July in Durham Technical Community College.
    The Durham Police Department’s Criminal Investigations Division and Professional Standards Division will investigate the Thursday morning incident, as is standard procedure when officers use force.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local...an_Cannell.PDF

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/09/...#storylink=cpy

Shots were fired at an unarmed man, sure. But Ovi being right is HANDS DOWN the worst part of this situation.
    www.scottmoorecoaching.com

The next CAMP NCGD is on April 27-May1, 2017.

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    would some admin please change Ovi's user name to Nostra-Damn-us.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Province
    Michigan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rel View Post
    Shots were fired at an unarmed man, sure. But Ovi being right is HANDS DOWN the worst part of this situation.
    We'll never hear the end of it.

Oh and, HOLY CRAP!
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. - Douglas Adams

Province
    In the snow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Well, that's unfortunate, but not super surprising.

Damn it, Moocide, once again deflating my hope that people are fundamentally okay.
    Spoiler Alert!

Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Did his plans involve acquiring a cape? Or a twirlable mustache?

Quote Originally Posted by the Jester View Post
    Well, that's unfortunate, but not super surprising.

Damn it, Moocide, once again deflating my hope that people are fundamentally okay.
    Inorite. Sigh.

Wow, I thought he was at least trying to reform. Would not have bet money on him making it though.

• Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast