Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [WotW] Rules and Characters

Province
    Anxiety Closet, Bloom County
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by reveal View Post
    I'll push this back to Wednesday to give you a chance to get in the character.
    Thanks a bunch.
    I'm dealing with a lot of scary things. I think you have to react to them. And you either laugh at them or you go insane. Jim Butcher, Death Masks

"I love you and I love vanilla, but your family tastes like paper."

Personal Dream

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by reveal View Post
    I'll push this back to Wednesday to give you a chance to get in the character.
    $20 same as in town.

diaglo "getting into character has so many more good lines with a pro" Ooi
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Quote Originally Posted by Granmal View Post
    The guard did in fact bump Granmal. But only because he was in the process of arresting a foppish braggart thief six meads too deep into his cups.

Ty is no dandy! He prefers to go unnoticed. He is used to it, being a middle child. Besides, he can't afford the clothes!

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Halo View Post
    Ty is no dandy! He prefers to go unnoticed. He is used to it, being a middle child. Besides, he can't afford the clothes!
    all you people who wear clothes are foppish to Granmal.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post
    all you people who wear clothes are foppish to Granmal.

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Ug, Ty has man-boobs?
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

I am cooking up a possible connection with the cleric.

Zathar is the rogue's Confessor and his favorite fence. In fact, it was the priest had asked him to acquire some small personal effect of a high-ranking Gryphon that wouldn't be missed -- a lock of hair or a fingernail clipping, for example. Vastenus' great-grandfart's dusty braid would have served nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Ty has man-boobs?

At 165 pounds and 5 foot 9 inches? I hope not!

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    At 165 pounds and 5 foot 9 inches? I hope not!
    he recently lost 180 lbs. the mang b00bs are the excess skin

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User

Selari the Half Elf Sorceress

Work in progress!

Selari

Class: Sorceress Level:1
    Height 5’ 6”; Weight 120# ; Hair: Black ; Age 22;
    Patron Deity: Asmodeus
    Sex: Female Race: Half-Elf
    Alignment: Lawful Evil Size: Medium Type: Humanoid
    Init +3;
    Senses Perception +1
    Languages : Common, Elven, Draconic, Infernal

AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10
    HP 8 (HD: 6 + 1 Con +1 Favored Class)
    Fort +1 , Ref +3 , Will+1
    Speed 30ft.
    Melee )+0
    Ranged +3
    Base Atk +0; CMB; CMD
    Special Actions
    Combat gear: None

Abilities
    Str 10,
    Dex 16,
    Con 12 ,
    Int 14,
    Wis 8,
    Cha 18

Racial Traits: Ability Score Racial Traits: Half-elf characters gain a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.

• Type: Half-elves are Humanoid creatures with both the human and the elf subtypes.
    • Size: Half-elves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Base Speed: Half-elves have a base speed of 30 feet.
    • Languages: Half-elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Half-elves with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages
    • Elven Immunities: Half-elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
    • Adaptability: Half-elves receive Skill Focus as a bonus feat at 1st level.
    • Keen Senses: Half-elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
    • Low-Light Vision: Half-elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
    • Elf Blood: Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
    • Multitalented: Half-elves choose two favored classes at first level and gain +1 hit point or +1 skill point whenever they take a level in either one of those classes.

SQ : Infernal Bloodline
    Charm spells +2 DC,
    Bloodline Power:

Corrupting Touch (Sp): At 1st level, you can cause a creature to become shaken as a melee touch attack. This effect persists for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your sorcerer level (minimum 1). Creatures shaken by this ability radiate an aura of evil, as if they were an evil outsider (see detect evil). Multiple touches do not stack, but they do add to the duration. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Feats :
    Eschew Materials,
    Skill Focus (Spellcraft),
    Spell Penetration

Skills 6 Skill Points
    + 6 Appraise (1 rank +2 Int + 3 Class Skill)
    + 8 Bluff (1 rank + 4 Cha +3 Class Skill)
    + 8 Diplomacy (1 rank + 4 Cha +3 Class Skill)
    + 8 Intimidate ( 1 rank +4 Cha + 3 Class Skill)
    + 6 Knowledge (Arcana) (1 rank + 2 Int + 3 Class Skill)
    + 1 Perception (0 ranks -1 Wis +2 Racial)
    + 9 Spellcraft (1 rank + 2 Int +3 Class Skill + 3 Skill Focus)

Spells:
    Spells per Day: 1st: 4

Spells Known:
    0 level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Read Magic
    1st level: Charm Person, Magic Missile

Background:

Selari is the eldest of four daughters born to a noble of the Barca house. Count Selanus was a young warrior when Markadian won the day on the Plains of Tamberlyn. He was forced to swear allegiance to a king he did not want, and to a god he did not worship. Selanus did swear though, for he knew how and when to play loyalty up. He went about as if he were an upright citizen, keeping his true intents secret. For Selanus was a worshipper of Asmodeus, a tolerated sect under the Barcas, but now a persecuted minority under House Darius. Selanus put on a new face and paid lip service to Mitra while maintaining his allegiance to his diabolical master. Selanus was disappointed when his first daughter was born, and was furious by the time his fourth daughter was born, especially as his wife died giving birth to her. Perhaps it was that anger that led him to start abusing Selari, that or it was a ritualistic offering to Asmodeus, but the abuse continued for years. Selari took the abuse stoically, though she wept in private, as she could at least console herself that she was protecting her sisters and paying tribute to her god.

Just before her 21st birthday, Selari’s father was again taking out some minor anger on her when her body erupted in flames, burning Selanus but leaving Selari unharmed. Selari’s latent powers erupted in violent fashion, probably in response to her abuse. Selanus was scared and scarred by Selari’s powers and quickly arranged for her to be married off to a local nobleman, a charismatic young man named Zather. Selari was glad to be gone, even if she didn’t know this man.

It wasn’t until she went back home several months later when she discovered her father had moved onto abusing her sisters. She had always been strong, but her sisters were not like her. Sinla was already driven out of her sanity by the abuse. It was more than Selari could stand and she started yelling at him to stop. Selanus hit Selari in the face, which previously he had always been careful not to mar her beauty. When she returned to Zather, she couldn’t hide the bruises and blood and Zather was furious to find out what her father had been doing to her. It was certainly not an honorable sacrifice to their god in Zather’s eyes. He spoke to her about it and as they spoke Selari’s anger and frustration became Zather’s. Whether it was because he loved her or it was his sense of loyalty it didn’t matter. Selari was sobbing about her poor sisters and Zather wanted to make things right. So he convinced Selari to go with him to confront her father, though she was hesitant to do so.

Together they went to the count’s manor. At first, of course, Selanus denied it all, which made Selari so angry that her hair started smoking. Zather kept interrogating her father and got Selanus to finally admit that he thought Selari and all his girls deserved to be beaten and punished for not being boys and not being able to help fulfill his glorious destiny. That nearly sent the normally calm Zather into a rage, but then Selanus started in on Zather. About how he hadn’t made Selari pregnant yet with a grandson for him, that Zather had failed as a husband and that he never should have sold Selari to such a shameful family. Selari slapped her father for that, whereupon he smashed her to the ground. Zather returned the anger with his own, hitting Selanus in a manner he was quite unaccustomed to. The ensuing battle was long and bloody, a young acolyte against an experienced priest. But rage inflamed Selari’s burgeoning powers and together they overcame Selanus and killed him, beating him to death. The rage was still strong in Selari and even as her father died she continued to hit his bloody corpse again and again, screaming in rage that she hated him. Zather tried to stop her but it was no use. With a final scream of fury from the sorceress, her father’s body erupted in flames and was reduced to ash. Selari looked up to Zather with gratitude and love as he took her in his arms; their devotion to each other manifested and sealed in blood.

Selari, as the oldest, inherited her father’s land and money but it had nothing but bad memories. So she sent her sisters to live with a kindly Aunt from her mother’s side of the family and left the house empty.

It turned out that her new husband was also an Asmodian, whether her father knew that or not when he arranged her marriage, Selari never found out. Zather was much kinder than her father, perhaps because he was younger, only 35 and freshly anointed as a priest of Asmodeus. He treated her well and she thought maybe he even loved her, difficult as that was for her to trust or accept. Zather was fiercely devoted to overthrowing the tyrannical Mithrans who forced his family underground. Selari volunteered to help in whatever way she could. She too was devoted to Asmodeus, as her father had been, but she also did so from a growing loyalty to Zather. She wanted to please him for saving her and her sisters.

Soon Selari hatched her own plan. She began to frequent taverns known to be hangouts of the Knights of the Alerion. Though the knights drank sparingly, she drank with them. Soon enough her stunning beauty had caught the eye of a high enough knight for her to make her move. Sir Terlyn was a high ranking knight in the order. And he stood no chance against the charms of Selari when she applied them. She quickly became his mistress, causing much strife to his wife. Over several weeks, Selari extracted many important secrets from Terlyn during their very intimate meetings. Little did Terlyn know that, as planned, information was going directly through magical means to Zather. Terlyn’s wife grew furiously jealous and she called in a tip to her husband’s commanders. A squad of Knights broke in during one of their sessions. Selari was found guilty of Corrupting an Official, Sedition and Extortion, not to mention breaking a marriage.

Last edited by Queenie; October 30th, 2013 at 03:00 AM.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Ty has Granmal to thank for the occasional windfall. His favorite watering hole was the same one where Granmal bounced, an armpit called Mitra's O-Ring. If a patron got tossed for inebriation (quite an accomplishment for a dive bar!), Ty often helped "loosen" that passed-out-in-a-heap-drunkard's "too tight" belt. Ty had even learned Granmal's favorite poison (a cheap grog called "Pig's Rum"), and always ensured the brute earned a round compliments of "an admirer" whenever the rogue successfully loosened a belt.
    Last edited by Rusty Halo; October 29th, 2013 at 10:50 PM.

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I love when you guys have overlapping storylines!
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Jerred and Taylor are first cousins (the noble houses of Talingarde are an incestuous lot!). They've not been in one another's company since grade school, but they both remember that tortuous spell all too well. Lord Vastenus' second son made their lives a living hell. The princeling could do wrong in the headmaster's eyes, and he took great delight in humiliating both the cheerless Jerred ("Barfa!") and the scrawny boy everyone came to call "Taylor LEAST."

Nobody ever determined why the brat choked to death on a cinnamon pretzel.
    Last edited by Rusty Halo; October 29th, 2013 at 02:04 AM.

Taylor wasn't the only "bad child" to make Mitra's O-Ring his favorite haunt. The tavern attracted its share of loose women, of course, but the tramp with the thick black hair and killer curves that he would come to know as Selari was a step up. Six steps up, at least! Until Ty came to learn her real name, he called her Raven.

Half a dozen knights of Alerion frequented the pub, self-important numbnuts who no doubt chortled among themselves once back at the barracks about "slumming it" in Lowertown. Sir Terlyn was the only one of the bunch who carried himself with any class. Whether it was his carriage or his codpiece caught Raven's eye at first, she soon had him dead-to-rights. Taylor recognized her giggle, which carried across a crowded room like the teal of a crystal bell. It was as infectious as it was affected! He knew it well, only because he'd had his heart broken not once but twice by a pretty girl with a laugh that sounds like soft summer rain. From a distance, Ty watched the drama unfold between them over the course of several short weeks. It entertained him: a welcome distraction to the coma-inducing drone of the Chief Purser's daily instruction and the pukeworthy pontification of the Gryphons' official chaplain at twice-weekly vespers.
    Last edited by Rusty Halo; October 29th, 2013 at 11:20 PM.

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Granmal was just getting off his shift and was about to celebrate the attack by Huye Barca when he noticed the a dull constant tap tap tap on the cellar door. he thought he imagined it. but then he heard a female voice said and i quote "Nevermore". so he flung open the hatch. Behind the door stood a nice cool drink of water. Too bad it was part elf. He let her slide by. "shifts done. Time to drink."

• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast