Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gauging interest - Pathfinder PbP - Way of the Wicked (An Evil Campaign)

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User

Gauging interest - Pathfinder PbP - Way of the Wicked (An Evil Campaign)

Hey that's pretty close to my sorcerer's background. You're a good writer Wayne and you have lots of cool ideas.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    Anxiety Closet, Bloom County
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneLigon View Post
    Ranger: You were a military scout, an outrider who went ahead to mark the trails and find hidden dangers. You stumbled across a superior military force of humanoids while on patrol. Things out of nightmares. Orcs, trolls, and worse. You were little more than a boy, a new recruit fresh off the farm... and you fled. You threw away your uniform and sword, and found a farm like the one where you grew up, with a kind old couple that let you call them Mom and Dad, and you settled into a fantasy life for almost two years. Later, you heard that everyone in your troop died in the ambush. They never stop looking for deserters, though, and finally they found you. They burned Mom and Dad's cottage to the ground for aiding and abetting a Fugitive of The Crown, and hauled your through the streets in chains while urchins threw crap on you, the Coward of Cowpers Creek. The trial was swift, and now you're in prison.

Cleric: Your village priest seduced half the children in your little town, but you were his favorite, his little flower. You endured it, because of the favors it brought to your poor downtrodden family. He healed your little brothers broken leg, which otherwise would have made him a useless cripple. He cured your mother's lung disease. And all you had to do was give up yourself to him on the altar of Mitra. You endured it all. You led other children to him, and helped him seduce them as well. Until you actually came to love him for it. You went to the big city to take orders, so you could be close to him forever. But when you came home, he'd found a new favorite, your younger brother. In a mad rage you killed him and your brother. They found you praying at the altar, robes soaked in their blood. You were dragged away and charged with murder most foul.

Bard: You were a talented child, but talent alone doesn't allow you to attend the most prestigious music schools. That takes a patron. Your beautiful charwoman mother whored herself out for you, seducing a powerful judge who then acted as your patron to the music college as a favor to her. Suddenly the funds ceased coming and you were locked out of the school. Coming home, you found that the judge had a new favorite and your mother had hanged herself in shame. You snuck in, charmed the guards with your song, and then strangled the old bastard with your lute strings. You spat in the face of his colleague who dared to call it 'murder'.

Sorcerer: You are the true child of Baron Tam. You even have the Tam Gift, the magical powers that set you above the common rabble. But your twin brother was born first, by just minutes. He got the gifts that would have come to you, if you'd been a boy: the education, the training, his father's pride. And it's all wasted on him. He's a moron, barely capable of dressing himself without a maid and a butler. You got a savage intelligence and a strong personality, but you were shuffled off to sewing circles and the bower. Finally it was all too much. Your jealousy and hatred had twisted the Gift in you long ago, and finally you killed him with it, broiled him alive in his bed like a suckling pig. Murder? Hah, it was a mercy killing.
    These are all really cool ideas and have helped. I think I'm going to go with the prostitute and have her be a Bard. I have to iron out the details though. Everytime I try and work on her on the computer, my headache comes back and I think it's from reading the screen, so I'm having a hard time focusing. Hope you can all bear with me a bit longer and I'll try to get her finished ASAP. I'll bring what I can print out to the laundromat with me Tuesday and work on her there. Right now I'm going to see if the library system has the Pathfinder Core book, so I can take it out and use that, but I doubt it.
    I'm dealing with a lot of scary things. I think you have to react to them. And you either laugh at them or you go insane. Jim Butcher, Death Masks

"I love you and I love vanilla, but your family tastes like paper."

Personal Dream

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post
    i have tied Granmal's history in with RH and WL a little in my background to explain why i am in prison at the same time (given i only have 3 days left before beheading).
    added a bit more to my backstory as the other PCs are getting added.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraGyps View Post
    I'm going to see if the library system has the Pathfinder Core book, so I can take it out and use that.

REMEMBER! The Pathfinder SRD websites d20pfsrd.com and Paizo.com/srd can provide you everything you need for character creation. The latter is the "official" site but I actually have a preference for the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Halo View Post
    REMEMBER! The Pathfinder SRD websites d20pfsrd.com and Paizo.com/srd can provide you everything you need for character creation. The latter is the "official" site but I actually have a preference for the former.
    The only problem with d20pfsrd.com is that it mixes everything together. The Paizo PRD has a section solely for Core stuff.
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Quote Originally Posted by reveal View Post
    The only problem with d20pfsrd.com is that it mixes everything together. The Paizo PRD has a section solely for Core stuff.

Province
    Anxiety Closet, Bloom County
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I know, but like I said, I keep getting a headache when I try to read stuff online for more than a couple of minutes.
    I'm dealing with a lot of scary things. I think you have to react to them. And you either laugh at them or you go insane. Jim Butcher, Death Masks

"I love you and I love vanilla, but your family tastes like paper."

Personal Dream

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraGyps View Post
    I said I keep getting a headache when I try to read stuff online for more than a couple of minutes.

Yes, you did. I misconstrued your point. Good luck!

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    How are you guys getting pictures into your posts? I'm an ADMIN and I'm denied access to the page! lol

Edit... So... do you guys think, if I posted a picture you could ignore, say, a pair of wings? ():-)
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    AG, would it be helpful if someone helped make your character? Jon is willing, he says it would be pretty easy for him to whip something up
    Last edited by Queenie; October 28th, 2013 at 09:26 PM.

Ruby Selari Molly

Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    Do you guys think, if I posted a picture you could ignore, say, a pair of wings?

We could pretend they were an accessory, like you wear when you have your picture taken at the fair. Or they're your fetish!

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    We could pretend they were an accessory, like you wear when you have your picture taken at the fair. Or they're your fetish!
    Or they're really my wings but only come out on special occasions ;-)

Ruby Selari Molly

They only come out on special occasions.

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Or they're really my wings but only come out on special occasions ;-)
    for a few days a month.

red beards of the world celebrate.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

• Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast