Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gauging interest - Pathfinder PbP - Way of the Wicked (An Evil Campaign)

Quote Originally Posted by WayneLigon View Post
    I had thought about asking if I could take my first level as Aristocrat.
    I'd rather stay away from NPC classes.
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraGyps View Post
    Still planning on my PC. I think I want her to come from money, so I'm trying to think of what class would fit. Maybe a non-thief rogue, because I can fit that with her background. I printed up the info on the game, so I can bring it with me when I go out later today and I'll brainstorm more then.
    bard screams out with all the cha based skills.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User

Gauging interest - Pathfinder PbP - Way of the Wicked (An Evil Campaign)

Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post
    bard screams out with all the cha based skills.
    That is true!

AG, don't worry about what everyone else is playing, just make her something you'll have fun with.

Both Jon and my characters have high CHA, but we're both focusing on very specific skills.

Hope to have them up tonight. Now I'm going back and forth between the infernal bloodline and the draconian bloodline (red, of course , and finalizing spells.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I found the perfect Aldous Huxley quote for this game:

""The surest way to work up a crusade in favor of some good cause is to promise people they will have a chance of maltreating someone. To be able to destroy with good conscience, to be able to behave badly and call your bad behavior "righteous indignation" — this is the height of psychological luxury, the most delicious of moral treats."
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    “Men make their own history, but they do not make it just as they please; they do not make it under circumstances chosen by themselves, but under circumstances directly encountered, given and transmitted from the past. The tradition of all the dead generations weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living.” - Karl Marx
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

"In the absence of willpower, the most complete collection of virtues and talents is wholly worthless."

-- Aleister Crowley

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    By the rivers ... we sat and wept
    when we remembered...
    2 There on the poplars
    we hung our harps,
    3 for there our captors asked us for songs,
    our tormentors demanded songs of joy;
    they said, “Sing us one of the songs of ...!”

psalm 137

"I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!"

-- The Wicked Witch of the West
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by reveal View Post

reveal wins
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by reveal View Post

reveal wins

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    i have tied Granmal's history in with RH and WL a little in my background to explain why i am in prison at the same time (given i only have 3 days left before beheading).
    Last edited by diaglo; October 25th, 2013 at 12:50 PM.

Province
    Anxiety Closet, Bloom County
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I am having a hell of a time coming up with a character concept and being sick with sinus problems is not helping. Anybody want to brains storm with me? I'm already playing a rogue in Slaad's PbP and I played on in the last PbP too, so I don't think I want to play another right now.

1:A fighter or ranger that was on the wall and is in prison for desertion.

2:A prostitute that gets set up with a cruel john by a jealous rival. He's a high muckity muck and she has to kill him to save herself.

3:A woman that was the first born child to a noble, but because she isn't a boy, her brother inherits everything and he's a blithering idiot.

The first idea is pretty simple, but the other two are cool ideas. I just don't know what class 2 or 3 could be.
    I'm dealing with a lot of scary things. I think you have to react to them. And you either laugh at them or you go insane. Jim Butcher, Death Masks

"I love you and I love vanilla, but your family tastes like paper."

Personal Dream

Besides being momentarily distracted by the various ways you could apply performance and bardic magic to a prostitute, I think that rogue is still a good fit for both. Rogues can be so very different depending on the skills and the angle you play...as can anything. Since Pathfinder doesn't really have any passive classes I would just stick to skill heavy classes.

It could be that the noble woman was cloistered as a youth and picked up some priest/monk attributes.

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    2. Bard . She plays the skin flute. Perform (strip tease) class skill

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraGyps View Post
    I am having a hell of a time coming up with a character concept and being sick with sinus problems is not helping. Anybody want to brains storm with me? I'm already playing a rogue in Slaad's PbP and I played on in the last PbP too, so I don't think I want to play another right now.
    Ranger: You were a military scout, an outrider who went ahead to mark the trails and find hidden dangers. You stumbled across a superior military force of humanoids while on patrol. Things out of nightmares. Orcs, trolls, and worse. You were little more than a boy, a new recruit fresh off the farm... and you fled. You threw away your uniform and sword, and found a farm like the one where you grew up, with a kind old couple that let you call them Mom and Dad, and you settled into a fantasy life for almost two years. Later, you heard that everyone in your troop died in the ambush. They never stop looking for deserters, though, and finally they found you. They burned Mom and Dad's cottage to the ground for aiding and abetting a Fugitive of The Crown, and hauled your through the streets in chains while urchins threw crap on you, the Coward of Cowpers Creek. The trial was swift, and now you're in prison.

Cleric: Your village priest seduced half the children in your little town, but you were his favorite, his little flower. You endured it, because of the favors it brought to your poor downtrodden family. He healed your little brothers broken leg, which otherwise would have made him a useless cripple. He cured your mother's lung disease. And all you had to do was give up yourself to him on the altar of Mitra. You endured it all. You led other children to him, and helped him seduce them as well. Until you actually came to love him for it. You went to the big city to take orders, so you could be close to him forever. But when you came home, he'd found a new favorite, your younger brother. In a mad rage you killed him and your brother. They found you praying at the altar, robes soaked in their blood. You were dragged away and charged with murder most foul.

Bard: You were a talented child, but talent alone doesn't allow you to attend the most prestigious music schools. That takes a patron. Your beautiful charwoman mother whored herself out for you, seducing a powerful judge who then acted as your patron to the music college as a favor to her. Suddenly the funds ceased coming and you were locked out of the school. Coming home, you found that the judge had a new favorite and your mother had hanged herself in shame. You snuck in, charmed the guards with your song, and then strangled the old bastard with your lute strings. You spat in the face of his colleague who dared to call it 'murder'.

Sorcerer: You are the true child of Baron Tam. You even have the Tam Gift, the magical powers that set you above the common rabble. But your twin brother was born first, by just minutes. He got the gifts that would have come to you, if you'd been a boy: the education, the training, his father's pride. And it's all wasted on him. He's a moron, barely capable of dressing himself without a maid and a butler. You got a savage intelligence and a strong personality, but you were shuffled off to sewing circles and the bower. Finally it was all too much. Your jealousy and hatred had twisted the Gift in you long ago, and finally you killed him with it, broiled him alive in his bed like a suckling pig. Murder? Hah, it was a mercy killing.

• Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast