Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gauging interest - Pathfinder PbP - Way of the Wicked (An Evil Campaign)

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    Does that mean you're going to play with us?
    i was posting my interest. yes.

edit: it will be an excuse for me to actually use my PF corebook.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post

If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User

Hmm... all these PBP games that you comment in and have never decided to play until we get to an eeevvillllll game... interesting, very interesting...

And YAY!!!
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User

Awesome. But Queenie does have a point. And oh wait, with two biologists in the game, will the world explode? Of course that is part of this campaign now isn't it.

In any case, I was waiting to see what Wayne went with, and now that I do see it, it made my initial leanings crystal clear. I will play a cleric of Asmodeus. Should be quite fun.

Question: Are we using Traits and if so does our crime count as one of them?
    Last edited by Fenris; October 23rd, 2013 at 02:35 AM.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Awesome. But Queenie does have a point. And oh wait, with two biologists in the game, will the world explode? Of course that is part of this campaign now isn't it.
    edit: you will note for my PC it is a class skill. and i took trained skills.
    In any case, I was waiting to see what Wayne went with, and now that I do see it, it made my initial leanings crystal clear. I will play a cleric of Asmodeus. Should be quite fun.

Question: Are we using Traits and if so does our crime count as one of them?
    i thought the trait we got was the one associated with our crime. i took Murder which gives +1 blah, blah, blah.

so we have a fighter (WL), rogue (RH), cleric (Fenris), wizard/sorc (Queenie), barbarian (diaglo), and ? (AG)
    Last edited by diaglo; October 23rd, 2013 at 06:18 PM.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

i thought the trait we got was the one associated with our crime. i took Murder which gives +1 blah, blah, blah.
    Oh, hmm, I took the normal 2 traits and figured the one from the crime was free. Reveal, what do you want me to do on this?

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneLigon View Post
    Oh, hmm, I took the normal 2 traits and figured the one from the crime was free. Reveal, what do you want me to do on this?
    were traits in the advanced section? i didn't find them when i was looking in my corebook last night. but i didn't really get that far.

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User

Gauging interest - Pathfinder PbP - Way of the Wicked (An Evil Campaign)

I'm going with a sorceress, if that helps anyone. J and I got a chuck of the details hammered out last night, just have to write it up. If I remember correctly (and that is never a guarantee) her bloodline is going to be Infernal. Should be fun
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Traits are not part of the core rulebook and will not be used. If we were using them, your crime would count as one of them, but we're not so they don't.

But you definitely still get the bonus your crime gives you.
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'm going with a sorceress, if that helps anyone. J and I got a chuck of the details hammered out last night, just have to write it up. If I remember correctly (and that is never a guarantee) her bloodline is going to be Infernal. Should be fun
    if it helps others i am going the way of the hugger. i took improved unarmed strike as my first feat. will be heading towards improved grapple next. my devil, Morax is a duke/vassal of Asmodeus, and is known (well at least since 1983 ed greenwood) for hugging his opponents against his spiked body/chest. this will help rogues get sneak attacks.

edit: i will probably also try/attempt a few overruns to knock opponents prone. though, here comes the AoO my way. ouch. mostly when i rage.
    Last edited by diaglo; October 23rd, 2013 at 06:13 PM.

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User

Gauging interest - Pathfinder PbP - Way of the Wicked (An Evil Campaign)

Tony, can you give us an idea of what kind of campaign this is? As in, political intrigue / city adventure that might require diplomacy and such or just pure dungeon crawling? Obviously don't say if you don't want to, just figured I would ask in case you didn't mind sharing

Ruby Selari Molly

Tony, can you give us an idea of what kind of campaign this is? As in, political intrigue / city adventure that might require diplomacy and such or just pure dungeon crawling? Obviously don't say if you don't want to, just figured I would ask in case you didn't mind sharing
    It's kind of all over the place. There's some city based stuff, there's some political stuff, there's some combat. It's a good balance.

225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    Anxiety Closet, Bloom County
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Still planning on my PC. I think I want her to come from money, so I'm trying to think of what class would fit. Maybe a non-thief rogue, because I can fit that with her background. I printed up the info on the game, so I can bring it with me when I go out later today and I'll brainstorm more then.
    I'm dealing with a lot of scary things. I think you have to react to them. And you either laugh at them or you go insane. Jim Butcher, Death Masks

"I love you and I love vanilla, but your family tastes like paper."

Personal Dream

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraGyps View Post
    Still planning on my PC. I think I want her to come from money, so I'm trying to think of what class would fit. Maybe a non-thief rogue, because I can fit that with her background. I printed up the info on the game, so I can bring it with me when I go out later today and I'll brainstorm more then.
    I had thought about asking if I could take my first level as Aristocrat.

• Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast