Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: At least I'm consistent

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Alot of it is how you percieve your depression. For example, how I managed my own depression is this:

Life is decrepit, existance sucks, people are idiots and I really don't like em anyway but y'know? It feels right to think that way! So fuck you all!

Instead of moaning about it, turn it on it's ear and make it work for you. It's all a matter of perception.

That and going insane. You won't miss sanity, trust me. It's overrated.

Also, if you kack yourself, remember this, they win if you do.

And since I'm incredibly competitive, I decided to say fuck that as well. Hence, my continued existance up this earth. That and all the methods for offing yourself are kinda painful and really very unpleasant. Not my gig y'know?
    Last edited by kirinke; May 21st, 2013 at 12:54 PM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    Given that nobody lives up to the standards I set for myself, let alone the ones I expect of other people, I have to disagree. People are, in general, scum. Why would I choose to share anything with them?
    And this is why you are alone and miserable. If you look for the evil in people you will certainly find it. It's better therefore to try to find the good in people. Most of the time that's a lot more difficult to do, but like most things difficult it's more worthwhile.

It might be nice to tell yourself that accomplishing nothing is alright as long as you have friends, but I think that's only so that people who accomplish nothing don't end up shooting themselves in the head. Popularity leads to Kim Kardashian and Jersey Shore. I'd rather have done something important and meaningful than be popular.
    I wasn't talking about being popular. Hell, I'm one of the most unpopular people here. But I have a small handful of friends that I care about that care about me. And if I had to choose I'd rather have the few treasured friends I have than be popular with hundreds of admirers but no one especially close.

As for accomplishment - it is usually meaningless if you have no one to tell about it.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    If you look for the evil in people you will certainly find it. It's better therefore to try to find the good in people. Most of the time that's a lot more difficult to do, but like most things difficult it's more worthwhile.
    No, if I was looking for the evil in people then I wouldn't be constantly disappointed by finding it. I look for the good in people and so very, very, very rarely ever find it. I give people ample opportunities for them to show their true natures and they always inevitably prove their selfishness and cruelty.

If people were inherently good, I wouldn't be so depressed about being human.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    As for accomplishment - it is usually meaningless if you have no one to tell about it.
    The only person who has to know I've achieved something worthwhile is me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

No, if I was looking for the evil in people then I wouldn't be constantly disappointed by finding it. I look for the good in people and so very, very, very rarely ever find it. I give people ample opportunities for them to show their true natures and they always inevitably prove their selfishness and cruelty.
    What kind of people are you associating with, exactly?
    Signatures are for losers.

Province
    Dayton
    Oratio

Ignore User

I've done heaps of volunteer work. Just last week I applied to two voluntary positions. One to write biographies for elderly and terminal patients at a hospice
    This has got to be one of the coolest things I've seen all day.

Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkhidu View Post

Yes and depressing as shit. He is surrounded by people who are DYING around him when he himself has a deathwish.

There are 2 sides to that coin:

A> He sees this as a learning experience where he needs to do the wonderful things these people did and is inspired into action

B> He sees this as morbidity and death surrounding him, falls further into the abyss and starts planning for his Walkabout into the Australian desert.

I've been to Australia. Everything there is designed to kill you. Death won't be far behind.
    Failed RPG Writer.

Province
    Dayton
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by leopold View Post
    Yes and depressing as shit. He is surrounded by people who are DYING around him when he himself has a deathwish.

There are 2 sides to that coin:

A> He sees this as a learning experience where he needs to do the wonderful things these people did and is inspired into action

B> He sees this as morbidity and death surrounding him, falls further into the abyss and starts planning for his Walkabout into the Australian desert.

I've been to Australia. Everything there is designed to kill you. Death won't be far behind.
    I know people who do the same kind of thing at a children's hospital (reading to kids in the cancer ward, etc). It takes a lot out of you, but I think it's one of the most compassionate and humane things a person can do.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkhidu View Post
    I was kinda daunted by the whole thing 'cause it's an immense responsibility when you think about it. Doesn't really matter though since I didn't get the position. It seems lately that I can't even get volunteer positions. One more reason to hate myself I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by leopold View Post
    Yeah, but at least ten year olds don't carry guns and mug you here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I was kinda daunted by the whole thing 'cause it's an immense responsibility when you think about it. Doesn't really matter though since I didn't get the position. It seems lately that I can't even get volunteer positions. One more reason to hate myself I guess.

Yeh, but everything else does. Even the flora of Austrialia is dangerous and kin keel you.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Not everything else. The honeybees are safe.

Check Australia's entry on this page: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ryingToKillYou

Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Obvious troll is obvious. We all know that once you are a teenager you are automatically given an M-16 with a 1000 round drum. DUH!
    Failed RPG Writer.

Stop waiting for somebody else to give you permission to do good in the world.

Go to the local park and pick up litter. You'll get some exercise and the world will be a slightly better place for you having done it.
    www.scottmoorecoaching.com

The next CAMP NCGD is on April 27-May1, 2017.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User

On a more serious note:

1) I like you Kzach. I think you have a quick sense of wit, some insightful ways of looking at things, and guts. That, despite you doing your best to piss people off out of boredom.

2) Keep doing good in the world. Keep being kind to people and looking for opportunities to be kind. And watch what happens. This is not a religious notion, though many religious people have figured this out. This is not about the universe being kind back to you, though it might work that way coincidentally. It changes you, is the reason. You start noticing things you didn't notice before. Just trust me, keep trying to do this.
    Last edited by Mistwell; May 24th, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
    I like hats.

Province
    The Rose City, Pacific NW USA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    1) I like you Kzach. I think you have a quick sense of wit, some insightful ways of looking at things, and guts. That, despite you doing your best to piss people off out of boredom.
    I'm glad you came back. You certainly liven the place up a bit.
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

So, what have you done in the last couple weeks to improve your situation, Kzach?
    www.scottmoorecoaching.com

The next CAMP NCGD is on April 27-May1, 2017.

• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast