Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: IRS Apologizes for Targeting Conservative Groups

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Halo View Post
    I have no illusions that this "scandal" will make any useful change toward reforming the clusterfuck that earns an organization "non-profit status." Partisans of every stripe are too deeply invested in gaming the system for it to make any difference. I offer an example: the fucknut Mac Hammond "prosperity gospel" preacher of a megachuch here in Minnesota endorsed Michele Bachmann from the pulpit in 2006. The IRS slapped his wrist. Republicans are positively gleeful over chairing US House hearings investigating the IRS fuck-ups. I put their righteous indignation in the same category as their outrage over Benghazi -- if they had any moral leg to stand on over "intelligence failures," they'd have exercised it over Bush's decision to invade Iraq.

• Benghazi = 4 Americans dead; 3 wounded
    • Iraq = 4500 Americans dead; 32,000 wounded
    You know it's a real Democratic scandal when Rusty has to pound the "Bush Lied People Died" podium in response I also like how he put "scandal" in quotes, as if the IRS did not apologize, fire people, change the policy, get Obama to condemn them in the strongest language possible, have one of their higher-ups take the 5th in response, and hurtle the whole event towards a special prosecutor. Fuck dude, this is a scandal. We can argue over how important it is, but this has definitely reached the "legitimate scandal" stage. Fucking Jon Stewart is calling it a scandal condemning them over this!
    I like hats.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Fun-filled Matrix on White House scandals:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...scandal-matrix

Province
    Vienna
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyOne View Post
    Is this the new forever stamp?

Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio

Ignore User
    WTF are you talking about - my analysis was balanced; it gave credit to both Bush and Clinton... The fact of the matter is, whether you agreed with the politics of either of them, they were both competent or surrounded themselves with people who are. Even if they didn't accept blame for some event that occurred on their watch, neither of them went out of their way to actively place blame elsewhere within their own government.

What did Obama do in regards to the DOJ going after journalists (a scandal in which the AG personally approved the DOJ investigation of Rosen and indicated in an interview with NPR that he couldn't recall how many other instances he has approved obtaining journalists' records)? He indicated that the AG would investigate DOJ guidelines. Yeah - so the AG is going to investigate himself... We all know where that ends up.

In the same breath, Obama turns around and says that Congress needs to pass a law to protect journalists... So - somehow, the legislative branch is at fault for the inability of the executive branch to not get out of line?!?! How about Obama fire Holder? Better yet, how about he shit-can his entire cabinet. The fact of the matter is either he can't because he doesn't exercise any authority or control over them and those under them, or he won't because he approves (or looks the other way) of their shenanigans.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Telling lies again through intermediaries, Xyxox?

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    There is now overwhelming bipartisan support for a special prosecutor on the IRS scandal.

76 percent of American voters think an independent prosecutor should investigate the IRS controversy, including 63 percent of Democrats, 88 percent of GOPers and 78 percent of independents. “There is overwhelming bipartisan support for a special prosecutor to investigate the IRS,” said Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute. “Voters apparently don’t like the idea of Attorney General Eric Holder investigating the matter himself, perhaps because they don’t exactly think highly of him. Holder gets a negative 23 - 39 percent job approval rating.”
    I like hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    Holder gets a negative 23 - 39 percent job approval rating.
    Negative 23 to 39 percent? I'm pretty sure percents have to be at least zero.
    Signatures are for losers.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume they're reporting a delta... but against what?
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I believe the hammer locking back is PWD's trigger warning.

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume they're reporting a delta... but against what?
    I went to the poll data, and what they should have said is this: 23% approve, 39% disapprove, with 38% being undecided. Among those who have heard or read about [the IRS scandal, or the AG, I am unsure], 24% approve of the way Holder is handling his job, 52% disapprove, 24% were undecided.
    I like hats.

I can't believe it's an admin COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyOne View Post
    When I think of balanced and nuanced analysis, 3catcircus appears at 999,000,991st place on my list, just after Rush Limbaugh.
    Is that above or below Edina?

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    [h=From FB:

"June 6th – One actual and recent headline (out of thousands) will follow each statement. First they went after the Tea Party. (USA Today - “Tea Party groups detail 'harassment' by IRS”) Then they went after religious groups. (The Hill – “Complaints of IRS targeting by religious groups on the rise”) Then they went after Fox News. (Huff Post - “DOJ Seized Fox News Phone Records”) Then they went after the AP. (Mediaite – “AP CEO: Justice Department Seized ‘Thousands & Thousands’ Of Phone Call Records”) Then they went after those with medical records. (WA Times - “IRS sued for seizing 60 million medical records”) Then they went after people with laptops: (CBS DC – “Dept. of Homeland Security: Laptops, Phones Can Be Searched Based on Hunches”) Then they went after Verizon users. (The Guardian - “NSA collecting phone records of millions of Verizon customers daily”) It’s high time for all Americans to join together. Whether you’re conservative, liberal or independent you should be OUTRAGED. You could be next! "]5[/h]
    I like hats.

When I read about the Verizon incident, I realized that these things are starting to lose their shock value for me.
    Signatures are for losers.

• Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast