Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: IRS Apologizes for Targeting Conservative Groups

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    That's better.
    How's the sand taste? Does it get in your nose?

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    The grit polishes my teeth.
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    baa baa baa baa baa
    That's better.
    FIXED!
    I wouldn't even censor you.

Province
    New Jersey
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    That she will look a damn sight sexier using those powers than either Bush or Obama did.
    So, you're a cankle man, then, are ya?

First Day On The Internet Calamari Face's Avatar
    Province
    Band of Workermootly Kithish Commonwealths
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
    So, you're a cankle man, then, are ya?
    The speed of your wit never fails to amaze.

I don't think CF and I agree on much at all, and probably not this. -- Ovinomancer, The Senate, 28 June 2011

I find myself in full agreement with CF. -- Ovinomancer, The Senate, 1 July 2011

Larry Sanders 2016!

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...medium=twitter

New Records: IRS Targeted Progressive Groups More Extensively Than Tea Party

A series of IRS documents, provided to ThinkProgress under the Freedom of Information Act, appears to contradict the claims by Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) and his House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that only Tea Party organizations applying for tax-exempt status “received systematic scrutiny because of their political beliefs.” The 22 “Be On the Look Out” keywords lists, distributed to staff reviewing applications between August 12, 2010 and April 19, 2013, included more explicit references to progressive groups, ACORN successors, and medical marijuana organizations than to Tea Party entities.
    That is based on ThinkProgress's opinion, based on their review of FOIA docs. Actual direct testimony contradicts it though - the direct testimony is that they gathered those documents, and then internally dismissed them while only pursuing the conservative groups.
    I like hats.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    That is based on ThinkProgress's opinion, based on their review of FOIA docs. Actual direct testimony contradicts it though - the direct testimony is that they gathered those documents, and then internally dismissed them while only pursuing the conservative groups.
    You missed the pea, Misty. The article tries to be as truthful as possible. The did get FOIA docs, and it did say that liberal groups could be targeted by the net thrown, and then says that this means that since more liberal groups than conservative groups applied, the liberal groups were more targeted. None of that is false, and their new docs confirm it. Of course, all of the old info we had also confirms it, but hey, "NEW" makes the sale work better.

The pea is the switch from 'targeted for additional scrutiny and harrassed' to 'targeted under broad keywords, but not actually harrassed or even scrutinized more.' The article is all about making the latter sound like the former. It's decent enough, if you're willing to overlook the fact that no liberal groups received anything like the scrutiny applied to tea party groups, which puts the lie to their attempt at equivocation.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    You missed the pea, Misty. The article tries to be as truthful as possible. The did get FOIA docs, and it did say that liberal groups could be targeted by the net thrown, and then says that this means that since more liberal groups than conservative groups applied, the liberal groups were more targeted. None of that is false, and their new docs confirm it. Of course, all of the old info we had also confirms it, but hey, "NEW" makes the sale work better.

The pea is the switch from 'targeted for additional scrutiny and harrassed' to 'targeted under broad keywords, but not actually harrassed or even scrutinized more.' The article is all about making the latter sound like the former. It's decent enough, if you're willing to overlook the fact that no liberal groups received anything like the scrutiny applied to tea party groups, which puts the lie to their attempt at equivocation.
    You're just repeating what I said, only less effectively.
    I like hats.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    ( . ) ---> That was the biggest yawn I could muster.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Uh oh Lois, they found a copy of the emails from your "crashed" computer. For those following along at home, Lois first was talking, then suddenly pled the 5th (which you can only do if you think your own testimony will implicate you) and then "retired" early, and was found in contempt of Congress. We shall see if this goes anywhere, but I bet it does.
    I like hats.

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Uh oh Lois, they found a copy of the emails from your "crashed" computer. For those following along at home, Lois first was talking, then suddenly pled the 5th (which you can only do if you think your own testimony will implicate you) and then "retired" early, and was found in contempt of Congress. We shall see if this goes anywhere, but I bet it does.
    do you see her becoming the next vince foster?

FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post
    do you see her becoming the next vince foster?

No. I am saying they might find she was in fact telling them to target Republicans, and how to do it.
    I like hats.

Still don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I believe the hammer locking back is PWD's trigger warning.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    Still don't care.
    How very VK of you.

• Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast