Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What have you heard, that is bad, about me?

I cannot even find the private message function on the board, Leopold. And I have looked. Where is it?
    I will be happy to answer your PMs. Very happy. Just ... where is the thing?

I fear I am overwhelmed, and went into nervous breakdown, with resultant physical disability as a result, about a week ago, and it has intensified since.

Mother was all I had. Everything that remained of my world. All of it. Period.
    Father is dead. Most of the rest of my family declared me a foe, eternal enemy (to quote them) 11 years ago. The one brother who will still speak with me is suicidal and crippled, and overwhelmed, and 1000 miles away.

Mother appears to have Alzheimer's. She has all the early symptoms of it. These symptoms horrifically match everything described online. It is all there. The severe memory loss, the major loss of cognizance, the confusion, the contankerousness, the strange behavior.
    There is no cure. There are a few limited treatments, which sometimes work, and if they work last a short time.
    The disease is 100% fatal.
    I watched my grandmother die from Alzheimer's Disease. I know where it goes. I know the horror it leads to. If my mother has it, I know what is coming.

Today, mother was diagnosed as possibly having colon cancer.
    If she does, colon surgery requires 4 to 8 weeks of recovery. That's for a healthy person. Not for an 85 year old women beset with breast cancer, deteriorating health, and very possibly Alzheimer's.

IF she recovers from the colon surgery, there is still the matter of the stage 3 breast cancer. They seem to think it beatable. But it has moved close to the skin, and once breast cancer reaches the skin, it wants to metatasize.
    This means mother probably needs a mastectomy, and until today, we were considering one. But again, this is major surgery, on someone who is 85, and whose mind is slowly going away.

You might say: You can deal with it, Edena_of_Neith.
    In my case, I have dealt with it. For longer than you know. I fought to get mother on B-12, when she suffered sudden and severe dementia from B-12 shortage. I fought to get mother back on Florida Blue supplemental insurance (incredible as this may sound, she didn't have it ... don't ask) so she would actually have full health insurance. I have stood by my mother through the horror that has been, since the cancer was diagnosed. I have preached hope. I have fought for hope.

Today, my mother declared she is dying. She knows she is dying. She is certain she is dying. I am fighting back against that. I am fighting to instill hope. I am under attack by my mother, for perceived assaults, but I am fighting for hope.

But I have limits, and they have all been reached.
    I have proposed the memory improving drugs that can sometimes help against Alzheimer's, but I cannot win against that disease. Nobody can.
    I can help with care post surgery, but post colon cancer surgery requires 4 to 8 weeks of recovery, and it takes medical people who know what they are doing, to come out and monitor the patient. Mother will not go to a hospice, so somehow I must convince them to come to us. I cannot - heck, my entire family, if here, could not - cope with the recovery. It requires medical expertise none of us have.
    I can help with fighting the breast cancer.
    I can ...
    Well, you get the picture.

I have ... I am tired. I will answer your PMs, Leopold, but first ... where are the PMs? I don't know the new site, since Morrus rebuilt it. I can't find the PMs. I swear to you, I cannot even find the PMs.
    I'm somehow expected to take care of mother, maybe alone, after colon surgery ... but I can't find the PMs. lol. It is sad, no? Just ... pathetic.
    Last edited by Edena_of_Neith; May 17th, 2013 at 08:04 PM.

I swear to god, I cannot find the PMs. I've looked again.
    Can someone point them out to me?
    I once had an IQ of 150? LOL.

I'm afraid that, for me now, finding the PM section on this board HAS become rocket science.

Where is it? Anyone?

Province
    Massachusetts
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Top left hand corner of the screen. Under "Notifications", you should see: "Inbox"

Thank you. I found it, thanks to your directions.

It's sort of hard to function, when your mother is repeatedly telling you that you are trying to kill (yes, I said *kill*), harm, or otherwise hurt, her about 5 times per day, every day.
    When this is the person you loved and cherished for 45 years, and she was all you had left, and you'd do anything to protect, to save, her, even if that meant concealing her condition from the authorities. (Something you can't do anymore, because the cancer walked in and forced the matter.)

EDIT:

My mother hates my rotten guts. Said so.
    Because I mentioned cholinesterase inhibitors. Although it may or may not be Alzheimer's, it has the symptoms of dementia, and I thought they might help. Sometimes, that class of drugs does help.

It's better than what they will propose. Once they - the health care people - see the symptoms, what they will propose won't be ... pleasant.
    And my one remaining brother I could talk to? He said specifically that he would put mother away. Period. In those words.

God damn them all to hell. I cannot win this, but I will continue fighting for mother until the end.
    Last edited by Edena_of_Neith; May 18th, 2013 at 07:18 AM.

Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Edena your Inbox is full.

IN response to your PM:

I live in that E area near a mall and on the water. I come down to YOUR AREA every weekend as I have family and friends down there.

I'm open to meet at any coffee shop or public area around where you live, I do not know of many places as that area is dead as hell.
    Failed RPG Writer.

Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Edena finally added me to ICQ. I'm waiting now on him to msg me back.
    Failed RPG Writer.

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    hurricane charlie and frances did shake up the area some.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post
    hurricane charlie and frances did shake up the area some.

IN 2007...
    Failed RPG Writer.

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by leopold View Post
    IN 2007...
    Edena still hasn't recovered.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

leopold offering outreach services to Edena... it's enough to warm the cockles and subcockles of your heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I believe the hammer locking back is PWD's trigger warning.

You must excuse me. Mother has been diagnosed with colon cancer. They say it is treatable, and intend to treat it immediately.
    But it is colon cancer, on top of the breast cancer. Mother is 85.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it's early and that they get everything. I assume she'll have surgery/chemo/radiation?
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it's early and that they get everything. I assume she'll have surgery/chemo/radiation?
    I'd ask, is it worth putting her through all that? She's 85 and already burdened with many problems and dementia. If she can't understand the reason for her pain then why subject her to it for what life she has left?

Quality > Quantity, given my choice. Edena's and his mother's decisions and weighting factors may of course differ.

To address Edena directly, rather than as bystanders dispassionately chiming in on the topic together: I feel for you man. My own father is descending into the confusion of Alzheimer's. We're blessed that he hasn't any other significant health difficulties to bear at the same time, but it's devastating to see them in that condition, even when we aren't dealing with your set of challenges and isolation. Take out your frustrations on some forum idiots, if you think venting will help. That's what they are here for.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Can't say we didn't try. Goodbye Edena. I hope you're finally at peace now.
    I like hats.

• Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast